Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They intentionally don't keep them on a schedule so you can't plan ahead. There will definitely be one or two before the end of the year but who knows exactly when. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If there is any pattern, they did run one like a month after Klingon recruit, but before their reps could be t5, so there is some possibility they match that timeline with the reran gamma?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

The latest STO news article posted:

Three previous event rewards are joining Mudd's Market! Starting next week, you can obtain the Red Angel Suit, the Dot 7 Drone Kit Module, and the Elachi Walker Combat/Vanity Pet in the market! In addition, every item in the store except the bundles will by 75% off from 7/15 at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) - 7/19 at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)! See you out in the Final Frontier, Captains!

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
So I haven't been playing this in a while but have kept up on some events/recruitments. I'm looking to go through the early story missions. I haven't really done the current iteration; my main is a ex-Cryptic char ported over to Arc that went through the storyline at ~release timeframe, and has done intermittent 'current' missions since then.

Which recruitment is going to be the best to run through the storyline for account-wide rewards? Temporal, Delta, Klingon or Gamma? I'm aware that some of these may be broken in terms of mission reshuffling, but it looks like all the main account-wide stuff I'd want to unlock is gated behind admiralty/doffing rather than missions themselves. I'm leaning temporal primarily for the ultra-rare rep equipment and the admiralty buff, but I'm open to suggestions.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Roseo posted:

So I haven't been playing this in a while but have kept up on some events/recruitments. I'm looking to go through the early story missions. I haven't really done the current iteration; my main is a ex-Cryptic char ported over to Arc that went through the storyline at ~release timeframe, and has done intermittent 'current' missions since then.

Which recruitment is going to be the best to run through the storyline for account-wide rewards? Temporal, Delta, Klingon or Gamma? I'm aware that some of these may be broken in terms of mission reshuffling, but it looks like all the main account-wide stuff I'd want to unlock is gated behind admiralty/doffing rather than missions themselves. I'm leaning temporal primarily for the ultra-rare rep equipment and the admiralty buff, but I'm open to suggestions.

Temporal does have the Ultra-Rare Rep items and that's a big bonus.

KDF gives a free account-wide T6 Bird of prey.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Temporal recruitment is like the Gamma recruitment event that just happened?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Knowing that's coming this year has lead me to completely stop working on reps on my characters until that arrives.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Isn't the trait Temporal gives also decent? Especially if you don't have a mountain of t6 ships.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Hunter Noventa posted:

KDF gives a free account-wide T6 Bird of prey.

Yep. I did get the bird of prey, since you get that as a reward on something like the 5th or 6th Klingon mission and I played through the initial Klingon stuff when the klank recruitment just happened.

I've got a utter pile of marks on my main with an albeit old build (gold iconian 4-pc, faw crafted ap dual beams) and looking at things that I'd want to get from the various t6 reps the better rep items would save a ton in the short term, which is part of what led me to this. I'm mostly making sure there's nothing else I should focus on instead of pushing my old temporal char up to 52 to unlock admiralty/reputations and start pushing through those rewards.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

Temporal recruitment is like the Gamma recruitment event that just happened?
Yes, and it's the only one that's never been re-run. It also has arguably the best reward of all recruit rewards: upgrading all rep project gear to mk xiii UR instead of mk xii VR. Cryptic has said they'll finally be re-running it sometime this year after they make some updates/fixes to the TOS starter missions. It also sounds like they're going to start re-running recruit events more often, so if you missed any you'll probably get another chance next year.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Roseo posted:

Yep. I did get the bird of prey, since you get that as a reward on something like the 5th or 6th Klingon mission and I played through the initial Klingon stuff when the klank recruitment just happened.

I've got a utter pile of marks on my main with an albeit old build (gold iconian 4-pc, faw crafted ap dual beams) and looking at things that I'd want to get from the various t6 reps the better rep items would save a ton in the short term, which is part of what led me to this. I'm mostly making sure there's nothing else I should focus on instead of pushing my old temporal char up to 52 to unlock admiralty/reputations and start pushing through those rewards.

This website is solid in general, and this guide is for beams in specific. https://www.sto-league.com/beam-ships-in-the-current-century/ They list out all the mission awards you could want, though this is with a high end build in mind, and skips over some useful budget pieces.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Eimi posted:

This website is solid in general, and this guide is for beams in specific. https://www.sto-league.com/beam-ships-in-the-current-century/ They list out all the mission awards you could want, though this is with a high end build in mind, and skips over some useful budget pieces.

Yep; that's what I was looking through for what I'd want to get out of the rep system. It's certainly useful in sorting through the mountain of junk. Though from what I've seen glancing through stobuilds, the iconian isn't bad enough to need immediate replacement and except for the shields with a directed energy build the warp/impulse/deflector are only a couple percent less damage than the best in class, so I may end up not replacing them.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I thought I 'd give the game a try

Tythas@tythas#4262

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Roseo posted:

Yep; that's what I was looking through for what I'd want to get out of the rep system. It's certainly useful in sorting through the mountain of junk. Though from what I've seen glancing through stobuilds, the iconian isn't bad enough to need immediate replacement and except for the shields with a directed energy build the warp/impulse/deflector are only a couple percent less damage than the best in class, so I may end up not replacing them.
If you've already got the iconian set, then yes, you can play just fine with that. For new players who don't already have set gear, it makes sense to start with the best of it.

But the colony shield doesn't require any rep marks and ColCrit is a really good mod, adding CrtH and CrtD based on your current hull integrity. And it's easier to keep that hull integrity up with the Disco 2pc which gives +120% Hull Regeneration. And of course the Disco shield also gives increased damage to enemy shields, helping you strip them faster.

At at that point, you're already at 3 out of 4 of the current DECS meta for energy weapon builds, so you might as well finish it off with the competitive engines. Which aren't even there to directly add DPS, they just make it much easier to move around the map.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I hope that they'll fold in Disco characters as Temporal recruits, since I have a lvl 65 TOS Feddie already. I mean, I have a Disco character too, but I've not even finished the tutorial so I don't mind rerolling her.

Quick question: are the Risan outfits per character or per account? I figure the tribbles/vanity shield are per character, but I just want to be sure.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Yvonmukluk posted:

I hope that they'll fold in Disco characters as Temporal recruits, since I have a lvl 65 TOS Feddie already. I mean, I have a Disco character too, but I've not even finished the tutorial so I don't mind rerolling her.

Quick question: are the Risan outfits per character or per account? I figure the tribbles/vanity shield are per character, but I just want to be sure.

Pretty much everything that isn't in the C-store is per-character, including all the Risian outfit parts. Everything you earn from running events (like the ships and the ship parts) is per-account, though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
What's the trait or whatever that causes things you defeat to turn into borg allies instead of dying/exploding? Seen a lot of it on ground TFOs, it seems like it results in a huge army.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

wdarkk posted:

What's the trait or whatever that causes things you defeat to turn into borg allies instead of dying/exploding? Seen a lot of it on ground TFOs, it seems like it results in a huge army.
Assimilate.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ah, thank you.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Love this thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The UFO is great, though I'm sad Voyager and the Titan aren't TO, so at least for fleet stuff I'm stuck with it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SplitSoul posted:

Love this thing.

We've got one of those in our conference room.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What's the current price of Infinity Lockbox ships? A billion-ish?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I've been looking at builds for the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier, and I kinda like the look of this one, however it seems like there's some issues with it.

For starters, why is Exotic Modulation even on there when the ship can't activate it?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

wdarkk posted:

So I've been looking at builds for the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier, and I kinda like the look of this one, however it seems like there's some issues with it.

For starters, why is Exotic Modulation even on there when the ship can't activate it?

You don't NEED a secondary defector to utilize exotic damage from the likes of Subspace Vortex and Gravity well.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Unrelated to that, what's the best Experimental Weapon that isn't the Bajoran one because gently caress Phoenix packages?

I have this one, this one, and this one from ships I've bought already, as well as this one that I might end up with in the future.

I'm mostly asking because gently caress spending upgrades on the "wrong" gear.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Of those the alliance hypercannon is by far the best, and I think still ahead of the flak cannon whatever it's called from competitive rep. But honestly even that's kind of midrange and unexciting compared to some of the lockbox/event ones, but y'know, Cryptic.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone else have the issue where sometimes launching the game causes it to load forever and constantly steal focus, so it's impossible to shut down via the task manager?

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
I just reinstalled this game.

I forgot the settings to have your ship facing wherever your mouse is pointing ad.

I am thinking about joining one of the goon fleets just to avoid the constant fleet invites.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Anyone else have the issue where sometimes launching the game causes it to load forever and constantly steal focus, so it's impossible to shut down via the task manager?

try yelling 'computer end program'

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SplitSoul posted:

Load it directly from executible instead of via Arc. Sometimes Arc shits the bed. No action required, Arc will self patch itself into working again until it doesn't.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DancingShade posted:

Load it directly from executible instead of via Arc. Sometimes Arc shits the bed. No action required, Arc will self patch itself into working again until it doesn't.

But then I have to remember my login details.

The curious thing is that it only happens sometimes.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 16, 2021

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Just use the same password that you use on your luggage

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Well one nice thing I can say for this new Risian ship is that having the old T5 version allows you to visually mix and match them into some spectacularly ugly space barges.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

theironjef posted:

Well one nice thing I can say for this new Risian ship is that having the old T5 version allows you to visually mix and match them into some spectacularly ugly space barges.

drat, you're one of the lucky ones. Despite having the t5 ship in my active roster I can't customize the t6 variant, it just immediately changes to stock.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah apparently a lot of players are suffering that.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Eimi posted:

drat, you're one of the lucky ones. Despite having the t5 ship in my active roster I can't customize the t6 variant, it just immediately changes to stock.

Try saving it, confirming the change, then immediately go back in to modify and load the saved version. That allowed me to customize it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Lorak posted:

Try saving it, confirming the change, then immediately go back in to modify and load the saved version. That allowed me to customize it.

Tried it, no dice, thanks for the suggestion though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
New STO event for the big campaign: the Pahvo TFOs.

Can either one be solo afk'd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Re: Risian liner customization, apparently it's some weird bug with the new/type 3 stanchions? Set them to type 1/2 and you can edit and change the rest to your heart's content. Not the best solution but it's just yet another bizarre Cryptic bug