Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thanks, I hate it

Griz
May 21, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

If I get annoyed by super tough mechs this time, I will never play with mechanoids agains.

mechanoids can be annoying but if you turn them off the game will probably start sending 20 drop pod guys with rocket launchers instead.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Griz posted:

mechanoids can be annoying but if you turn them off the game will probably start sending 20 drop pod guys with rocket launchers instead.

Way more fun than drop pods with 20 centipedes.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Got an hour to play around with the new DLC, seems pretty fun!

Quick question though, has anyone found out yet how the social roles are actually assigned? I can't see anything about them in the interface, so presumably it's something unlocked later, but I'd love to know when and how it comes up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guildencrantz posted:

Quick question though, has anyone found out yet how the social roles are actually assigned? I can't see anything about them in the interface, so presumably it's something unlocked later, but I'd love to know when and how it comes up.

Pawns social tab. At the top.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Guildencrantz posted:

Social tab -> Assign Role works for me

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
;doh: Didn't notice it there and I don't think it was actually documented or pointed out in-game. Thanks!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I am endlessly amused that your ideology can have a preferred item of clothing. Relatedly, one of my permanent mods is "Boots and Things" which adds footwear to the game, everything from sneakers to work boots to sandals. It also adds socks because why not. For laughs I declared my ideology's sacred item of clothing was the humble pair of socks. All my colonists stepped out of their drop pods with nary a shoe to be seen in sight like they were six year olds at daycare.

Basically the DLC owns already. Now to just wait for a shitload of mods to update. :negative:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a little odd that there are no mechanical tradeoffs for things like research speed, you can just set it as fast or slow as you want.

Feel like perhaps that might benefit from either a point buy system or some inbuilt tradeoffs, I like the idea of just letting that be a choice but it does seem odd.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

OwlFancier posted:

It's a little odd that there are no mechanical tradeoffs for things like research speed, you can just set it as fast or slow as you want.

Feel like perhaps that might benefit from either a point buy system or some inbuilt tradeoffs, I like the idea of just letting that be a choice but it does seem odd.

I think its mostly set up like that so you can facilitate the kind of story you want. Also to play nicer with mods since most modders don't have any sense of scale or sanity and just add a million extra techs to research which can suuuuuuck if you don't mod the research speed and want to actually use the new toys before year 10 or so

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I am curious how the 150% research speed modifier works with the storyteller setting that does the same thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

DoubleNegative posted:

Basically the DLC owns already. Now to just wait for a shitload of mods to update. :negative:

I am dying because of this.

It doesn't help that Steam is doing a loving annoying thing where I have mods that are updated to 1.3 on the workshop but is apparently not downloading the updated versions even if I unsub-resub, so Rimworld hates them and thinks they're still the 1.2 versions.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So now that they allow multiple spouses how do the beds work? Is there some larger multi person orgy bed? If not where is my giant spinning heart bed mod.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Leal posted:

Thanks, I hate it

so, social skill is suuuuuuuuuuper important now, looks like

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

you could already do this via scenario setting anyway (and I did, because default research speed always felt way too fast)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

So now that they allow multiple spouses how do the beds work? Is there some larger multi person orgy bed? If not where is my giant spinning heart bed mod.

If everyone in the room shares the same spouse then its not considered a barracks. I'm assuming then you give everyone their own double bed so the poly pawn can... ride around.

E: Also I'm sure this lowkey makes "free and encouraged" lovin really powerful if you got some pretty/beautiful pawns in the colony.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

It doesn't help that Steam is doing a loving annoying thing where I have mods that are updated to 1.3 on the workshop but is apparently not downloading the updated versions even if I unsub-resub, so Rimworld hates them and thinks they're still the 1.2 versions.

If you verify the game's files it should redownload all the updated mods.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Dunno if its updated to Ideology yet, but there is a polygamy beds mod.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they really did copy paste this poo poo from crusader kings 3, huh. it works deec in that game in large part cuz they don't gently caress around w/ the history in that game and they still had big problems e.g. w/ sunni islamic faiths w bullshit schism

they're hosed and tynan might be at serious personal risk of gettin his head cut off by some nutter

All of them are rooted in Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, etc but it will never make something that is even close to those religions. All the Christian-rooted ones I’ve made gender Christ as female and call themselves something like Tribal Hyper-Anabaptists. The canonical Cross of Christ or Crescent of the Prophet isn’t even selectable in vanilla. It’s basically there so if you want to lift high whatever version of the Crescent/Cross you want you can but don’t get it twisted, this isn’t your grandpappy’s religion here

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Kanos posted:

I am dying because of this.

This is a royal pain in the butt, but it worked for me. Back up your config.xml file before you start!

1. Start RimPy
2. Hit the Redownload button on the right of the screen.

If that doesn't work, then
3. Hit Export List (button, right of screen) and save your current list in a file that isn't your backup.
4. Hit Strip Mods.
5. Hit Import List.

This removes all your mods, then adds them back again, forcing Steam to actually download.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you pick cannibalism for your ideology your starting food starts off made with human meat.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Vasler posted:

I do have resurrector serum. I don't have healer mech serum though, curses.

How...uh..do you destroy someone's head? I'd really like to remove the alzhiemers from this pawn. Though, she's like 70 years old so maybe she'll just die from old age?? Though...I could give her a bionic heart!

She doesn't have any other afflictions.

FWIW, even if you pop artifacts to clear it up, you're just gonna get hit by new afflictions. Welcome to old age and piling medical bills.

Time to start finding a replacement and quietly shuffling her into low priority jobs. If you absolutely need to keep her alive to avoid mood debuffs, consider putting her on ice and letting thoughts slowly fade.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Never take old pawns, even if you roll one without medical issues, they will roll some soon enough.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One of the building additions appears to be a pod you can stick people in to de-age them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Take old pawns, it'll be like aged beef :unsmigghh:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Can we do pro-skub and anti-skub?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Oh, myyyyy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Old pawns are excellent bartering tools, for money and for reputation

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Being able to selectively disable mechanoids, insects, or the Empire is a feature that should have been in for years but hey at least it's in now.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I didn't get any skulls from butchering a dead raider. Do I need to let the body rot to get a skull for a skullspike?

edit: there's a special extract skull order

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 21, 2021

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So do not use revered animals as combat pets, my entire colony went into a rage/despair spiral after several of my Labradors got killed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It would be very nice if you could save ideologies and also if they didn't reset a bunch of stuff when you go back to change things.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
I just got a new game started with Ideology. My tree loving hippies started day 1 in a rainforest building a -25 chopped down trees malus while making a pretty standard garden on some rich soil, then day 2 for some reason it zapped back to 0 and they have no problem ravaging the rainforest to grow drugs. Kinda weird, hope it doesn't reverse again though

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe it counts it per quadrum, so if you ticked over a quadrum that might be why.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

So do not use revered animals as combat pets, my entire colony went into a rage/despair spiral after several of my Labradors got killed.

I mean have you ever heard of a Hindu battle cow

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
:siren: Mod user warning :siren:
After futzing around more with mod startup issues, I now think Ideology / 1.3 / some new mod has some issues with memory. Make sure you have 8 GB of memory free before attempting to load the game, as it seems that any amount of mods (that I've tried so far) will load as long as you have that 8 GB free, but if your actual physical memory can't handle it it'll just silently crash before making it to the title screen.

You *might* be ok with less if you're running a smaller mod list than I, but I was only able to load about 1/3 of what I was loading in 1.2 before this issue started cropping up.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Lmao, I can't play without realistic rooms. Completely forgot that vanilla room needs are a little too much for me and all my base design was cramped.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

My fem characters keep giving themselves new looks at the styling station, in the form of big bushy beards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

ughhhh posted:

Lmao, I can't play without realistic rooms. Completely forgot that vanilla room needs are a little too much for me and all my base design was cramped.

The comments for it on Steam indicates that it's still functional, just needs the 1.3 tag to make the warnings go away.