Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Whoops!

So along with Flynn, that's how many in Trump's orbit that got hit on FARA charges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You ever wonder if someone hoped this poo poo happen so they could open get trump to do the icky stuff and then privately keep that poo poo going?

Ah there I go again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's amazing how the American decision to make real estate a family's retirement plan completely radicalized white america against any social progress.

Not just america if the brits I like are right about thatcher

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1417560442441019403

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Do I remember reading that the fbi basically won't ask you something unless they already know the answer?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Do I remember reading that the fbi basically won't ask you something unless they already know the answer?

Nice try, Fed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hey, anyone can get hit with with a false statement charge.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I can't prompt you as to why I'm linking this particular lawsuit. Originally, it looks like a frivolous lawsuit against the government, but it raises a very valid point at the end.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaErlich/status/1417465840631439361

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Generally yeah. FBI is kinda unique among cop agencies in that they don’t make a move unless they hold all the cards. They way they do arrests usually is oddly casual especially compared to the way most cops play gravy seals and show up with plate carriers hanging off their gut. If they’re going to do hosed up poo poo they get the locals to do it, like Fred Hampton.

But basically if the FBI is after you you’re probably hosed. They’re not going to invest a lot of effort in cases that aren’t slam dunks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

But basically if the FBI is after you you’re probably hosed. They’re not going to invest a lot of effort in cases that aren’t slam dunks.

Hillary Clinton has entered the chat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Hillary Clinton has entered the chat.

The FBI seems to love wasting resources on counterintelligence investigations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1417591952065789952?s=19

True Poster energy from her

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1417522066920771585?s=21

Oh cool

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/bmeiselas/status/1417323442546696194?s=21

This is what I meant to post but I have so many awful links to choose from

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/bmeiselas/status/1417323442546696194?s=21

This is what I meant to post but I have so many awful links to choose from

Well, penciling in time to listen to that whole podcast later. Sounds like a banger.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Ask Martha Stewart.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Generally yeah. FBI is kinda unique among cop agencies in that they don’t make a move unless they hold all the cards. They way they do arrests usually is oddly casual especially compared to the way most cops play gravy seals and show up with plate carriers hanging off their gut. If they’re going to do hosed up poo poo they get the locals to do it, like Fred Hampton.

"Currently federal prosecutors tout above a 95% conviction rate. This is primarily due to the fact that most cases never make it to trial. Most defendants end up taking a plea bargain rather then risk a potentially much greater prison sentence which could be dealt them if they actual went to trial and lost."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:pray:

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1123222989074501632?s=20

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I'm sure AG Garland will get riiiiiight on that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

Ask Martha Stewart.

Not a snitch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bengy81 posted:

Tax non-owner occupied housing at a rate that actually discourages hoarding houses like they are a prize.

They'll pass the savings on to the renters lol.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

April 30th, 2019 :thunk:

I shared this on my friends slack and promptly got dunked on lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

Not a snitch

It was an impeccably maintained cell

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Aw poo poo my bad

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
This is one hosed up story

quote:

Two dead, several injured in shooting at southside house fire

TUCSON (KVOA) - Two people have died and several others were injured, including an American Medical Response EMT and a Tucson Fire Department captain, in connection to two related shootings that occurred on the south side Sunday afternoon.

According to Tucson Police Department Chief Chris Magnus, an American Medical Response ambulance was stationed at Quincie Douglas Center, located at 1575 E. 36th St. near South Kino Parkway, at around 3:45 p.m. Sunday in reference to an unrelated medical incident. While at the scene, an armed man, later identified to be 35 years old, approached the ambulance at the park and opened fire, his weapon shooting one EMT in the head and another in the arm and chest.

The shooting suspect then fled the park in his silver SUV to the scene of a nearby structure fire that was burning near 2100 E. Irene Vista. Magnus said the armed man then reportedly began firing his weapon at TFD personnel and nearby bystanders.

TPD said a 17-year Tucson Fire captain was struck in the arm and a bystander who lives in the neighborhood was grazed by a bullet in connection to the shooting at the house fire.

One other neighbor, later identified as a 44-year-old man, was shot in the head. The individual was pronounced deceased at the scene.

When the officers arrived at the scene, the fleeing suspect rammed a TPD vehicle with his vehicle near Campbell Avenue and Irene Vista Road. The suspect then fired his weapon at the responding officer.

The officer then shot the suspect.

After further investigation, an unknown individual was discovered to be dead inside the home involved in the structure fire. While the gender, identity and relationship with the suspect of the individual have not yet been determined, TPD said the deceased person was badly burned.

In addition, TPD said that there are two or three children associated with the residence. In a Monday morning update, police said the kids have been located.

TPD shared that the EMT who was struck in the head is currently recovering at the hospital in "very critical condition." Magnus said the individual is 20 years old. The other EMT who was injured at the park is in stable condition. She is 21 years old, according to Magnus.

The department also said the TFD captain who was shot at the scene of the house fire sustained minor injuries.

The suspect is currently in very critical condition, according to Magnus.

So dude goes around, shoots an EMT and a fire department captain, then rams a cop car, and the cop shoots him.

The really amazing part of the story is the distance that the cop shot the dude. It had to be 25+ yards.

Check the bodycam video:
https://youtu.be/aH-z4-U7D4c

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I guess verbal commands to surrender go out the door if you ram a cop. Still he at least prepped him for the EMT.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Late to Bezos chat and like I can definitely understand the many reasons to not like the guy but holy poo poo the right certainly has their uh….own reason. First one being that he didn’t actually launch and that the rocket isn’t actually a rocket and that Blue Origin isn’t a real company, it’s a shell to launder democrat money. Another being that he isn’t a Nazi.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

I guess verbal commands to surrender go out the door if you ram a cop. Still he at least prepped him for the EMT.

"hey uh move your car, let me take 10 minutes cutting his shorts. Move your car, dude. Oh, that blood? Cmon, move your car, bro. Uh, yeah, massive gunshot head wound. I'll get to it"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

"hey uh move your car, let me take 10 minutes cutting his shorts. Move your car, dude. Oh, that blood? Cmon, move your car, bro. Uh, yeah, massive gunshot head wound. I'll get to it"

There's very little anyone but a trauma surgeon could do for a gunshot wound to the head. He was checking for additional wounds on the guy, wounds that he could actually treat.

Most officers get first aid training, some even get Tactical Emergency Casualty Care courses, but all that does is teach you how to use chest seals, NPAs/OPAs, TQs, and needle decompression kits. Gunshot wounds to the head aren't really gone over. You look for Massive Hemorrhage, Airway / breathing, Respiratory system, Circulation, and Hypothermia. MARCH is the acronym.

I don't think you can just pack the wound with gauze, or wrap his head tight with a trauma dressing. I'm no trauma surgeon, but I would imagine that packing it with gauze risks screwing up the brain even more (pushing it around, or adding pressure), and putting a pressure dressing around the head would just put way more pressure on the head when the pressure is already building up.

The cop made an amazing shot, and stopped the rear end in a top hat from shooting more innocent people.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

The cop made an amazing shot, and stopped the rear end in a top hat from shooting more innocent people.

Oh yeah. I noticed right away he wasn't doing the usual magazine dump that you see cops do. Then when I saw the guy on the ground I whistled. That was a fantastic shot.

It makes sense what you're saying about his procedure. I imagine there's a healthy bit of "gently caress this guy" there too.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Pretty sure there’s no proper way for someone with better-than-layman’s medical knowledge to treat penetrating head trauma in a pre-hospital environment. It was a better decision to check for other bleeds that he actually could treat with the usual contents of an IFAK.

And wtf gently caress this dude for shooting at paramedics and firefighters.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Wonder if Biden will extended the student loan deferment with the delta variant risk. Obviously Corona has sucked for millions of people but the money saved on my interest is the thinnest of silver linings and pretty God drat huge for me

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GD_American posted:

Look it’s really hard to think properly when you have a massive boner and looking forward to the hottest sex of his life that night.

He did about as well as any normal human could do after doming an alleged homicidal maniac.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

The consequences for Trump corruption are always riiiight around the corner so it's an easy mistake to make

Pretty much the only actual consequence for any of the past four years is the capitol stormers and (possibly) those krakken lawsuit lawyers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

Look it’s really hard to think properly when you have a massive boner and looking forward to the hottest sex of his life that night.

He did about as well as any normal human could do after doming an alleged homicidal maniac.

Oh yeah I'll cop to 100% Monday morning quarterbacking here

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Back in my trauma and NSGY rotations I saw a number of gunshots to the head. The thermobaric pressure effects and kinetic energy discharge of a round entering the skull and rapidly decelerating via brain tissue basically liquifies brain tissue. It’s very very difficult to make any meaningful recovery from that level of destruction. The ABCs come first and will be the mainstay of treatment all the way through getting the person into an ICU setting. There isn’t much in the way of trauma surgery or neurosurgery that can do anything at all. It’s really just time, waiting, managing ICP and blood pressure, and keeping the heart and lungs working.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
How hosed up can someone be that they go after firefighters and EMTs? Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Zamujasa posted:

How hosed up can someone be that they go after firefighters and EMTs? Jesus.

:nsa: