Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JewishJournal/status/1417516464920309765?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

these takes are increasingly confused and asinine

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

For the record, I’m not imagining unlikely scenarios about desperate Jews in need of refuge. The era of Jews of fleeing oppressive countries is far from over. In fact, as long as there are Jews and oppressive regimes around the world, it will never be over. Think Venezuela. Or Iran. Or Libya. Actually, there isn’t a single Jew in Libya today. Not one, from the nearly 40,000 Jews who were still there in 1948.

There are, however, still up to 8,000 Jews in Iran, the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside of Israel. What will happen if the regime, in a final, desperate act of scapegoating to maintain power, targets them?

Or what about the Jews of France, who, at nearly 500,000 people, constitute the biggest Jewish population in Europe? In the last two decades, tens of thousands of Jews have already left France for the safety of Israel or the U.S. Perhaps you’ll think me glib, but what will happen if France becomes like Iran or the former USSR of the late 1970s and 1980s, not in terms of becoming a dictatorship, but in terms of devolving into a place from where Jews desperately need to flee persecution?

I want her to be specific about how she thinks France "becomes like Iran"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yeah because america let in so many jewish refugees the first time around

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Where would we be getting Jewish refugees from anyway, Ukraine?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the article doesn't even mention the US turning away Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany. It's all about Soviet and Iranian Jews.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the author is an iranian jew

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

the article doesn't even mention the US turning away Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany. It's all about Soviet and Iranian Jews.

They passed a law denying entry to Soviet Jews in 1989, because they were all going to Israel, hated it, and then wanted to move on to the United States. Israel demanded that we trap them there, so we did.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

how do those folks have 42k followers and publish an article like that and just .... get no reactions at all, not even bad ones

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

how do those folks have 42k followers and publish an article like that and just .... get no reactions at all, not even bad ones

they bought their followers OP

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

When Elisha got made fun of for being bald by a group of rowdy teens, 2 bears came out and mauled 42 of the boys. Not 3 bears! Not 35 mauled kids! Not 7 bears! Not 58 mauled kids! 2 bears and 42 boys! 2 bears and 42 boys! Elisha prayed to God and He sent down a very specific wrath and any emendations of that story are a religious persecution in the commission of an atrocity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1417743645797765122?s=19

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Karen Shitblow

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"National Association of Theater Owners" jesus christ I thought this was talking about the other NATO

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

better nuke them too just to be safe

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

gradenko_2000 posted:

"National Association of Theater Owners" jesus christ I thought this was talking about the other NATO

lol thank you I was so confused

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah its not really a hot take i just wanted to catch people out on the NATO. i appreciate this NATO trying to reclaim the acronym though

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
their biggest opponent is an organization of people who’ve watched movies about armed conflict

the war-saw pact

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

this is some blazing saddles poo poo

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1417683001773805568

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:barf:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Feeling embarrassed just having read that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

what the gently caress

e: oh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

*puts the "we're done here" sign back to 0 days*

https://twitter.com/gavinmit/status/1418152954004180992?s=20

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Owning means-o-production property of any kind should make you have to submit to public mockery and tomatoing in the stocks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
A lovely twofer.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder why that Englishman had to reach so far to find an example of imperialism.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Schrodinger's empire

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

going to hop onto Twitter and argue that anyone questioning the graphic is disrespecting veterans of the PLA

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/KevinCastley/status/1417917716820742145?s=20

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
would love to know what they imagine has changed in 2021 versus earlier dates. not curious enough to ask them though

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

They're on a roll recently;
https://twitter.com/JewishJournal/status/1417605725124243460

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Jewish journal writing about “cultural Marxism” is wild

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
holy poo poo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How the gently caress do these ghouls live with themselves

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ASAPRockySituation posted:

How the gently caress do these ghouls live with themselves

the money probably helps

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i love roleplaying a hemophiliac anime character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
There are plenty of rpg systems where roleplaying is more emphasized than combat, just play one of those?