Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

there are a number of ways you can officially play super metroid for less than that so I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

But they wouldn't do that. They believe Metroid, 2, Super, Fusion, ZM, and Samus Returns are EACH worth 60 dollars.

They literally charged under $10 for each of those last gen. (Except for Samus Returns which retailed at less than 60.)

night slime
May 14, 2014

Read After Burning posted:

Also, I'm starting BoTW this week, finally. Without giving an exact location, can anyone point me to what general area of the map the Majoras Mask DLC item is located? I want to grab it first, but not spoil myself on discovering the exact location.

Right after the tutorial, I think, the screen has like 20 side quest titles pop up and you go into adventure log > side quests to read about them. They basically tell you where to go and also where to go to find more hints.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

But they wouldn't do that. They believe Metroid, 2, Super, Fusion, ZM, and Samus Returns are EACH worth 60 dollars.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/metroid-prime-trilogy-wii-u/

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yes, last gen, on Wii U, where they had their hat in their hands begging for scraps during a financial disaster period.

Nintendo on the upswing is very different from Nintendo at a loss.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey look what I found behind the goal posts you just moved

:v:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Also Super Metroid was available for 800 Wii Points ($8) on the Wii Virtual Console. Likewise, Metroid was available for 500 Wii Points. And OG Metroid has been packed in with like 3 different Metroid games at this point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Infinitum posted:

I didn't move the goal posts. Wii U-style financial trouble was mentioned in my original post.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo are crying now that you’ve posted this

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Famous poorly selling console the Nintendo Wii.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nintendo games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I didn't move the goal posts. Wii U-style financial trouble was mentioned in my original post.

Doctor Fuckwit.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I always enjoy any posts that ascribe Nintendo's (or any company, really) motives to some higher belief in their product as opposed to mundane corporate greed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DoctorWhat posted:

i'm also sure they'd never release several mario games in one bundle for 60 bucks, for the same reason. especially 3d ones, that'd be fuckin crazy.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo Prestige is why they will never release the switch pro

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Now that I think about it, wasn’t Metroid 2 free on 3DS for like over a year? Same with DK 94 and a few other original Gameboy Games

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

should call him DoctorWhy as in, Why read that guys posts! they stink!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I wonder how much this is on Nintendo, as opposed to say Square Enix realizing they can bunch up their SNES games and re-release them as a bundle for $30+ instead of just a few bucks on the Vitural Console or free on NSO.
I mean, yes, the reason that companies like Square aren't rereleasing their flagship IPs on the Online sub service is absolutely that they see more value and profit in doing their own releases on the eShop instead, either as singles (like the Dragon Quest games) or as collections (like SaGa/Mana). Instead they'll give Nintendo whatever they have no confidence in, and whatever they get from the arrangement is gravy. That's why Capcom has Breath of Fire and Demon's Crest on the SNES Online and not Street Fighter, and why they have their own collections for Mega Man games and for their old arcade offerings. Between companies not handing over their IPs to Nintendo so they can sell them separately and also just a lot of devs from 25+ years ago just not being around any more, that's why Nintendo is releasing "quality titles" such as... *checks notes* Super Baseball Simulator and Jelly Boy on the service, and there are glaring omissions such as basically any Final Fantasy or Street Fighter or Mega Man or whatever.

OP was opining on why we even have the Switch Online retro games rather than the Virtual Console of past consoles, and saying that present Nintendo management would rather not sell old games at all if they can't sell them for full price, even if these titles are older than the average Switch user, and that the Online service where they can revoke it at any time if they change their minds and also they keep getting a sub fee for it is basically the compromise we get. Like, they're saying "everybody will have eventually paid $60 per game if they sub for long enough". It's an interesting philosophy if true, but I think that they just decided not enough people were buying the games on Virtual Console but they could still be used to draw in subs to the online service.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Burnt out Nintendo fans making questionable suppositions about Nintendo is a whole rear end fan genre.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think that the sooner we all accept that the Nintendo Online service is actually just a mausoleum and that aside from Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, everything in there is a skeleton on display so we can pay our respects, the happier we'll be.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this was a page ago but i think metroid fusion at $20 would definitely sell.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This is bullshit unless they're gonna mail out a qtip to everyone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's real

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Well then they better hurry cause i just ran out and my ears are itchy.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

b_d posted:

this was a page ago but i think metroid fusion at $20 would definitely sell.

It costs less than a tenner on the Wii U so if they increased the price to $20 I would flip my lid.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Outside of Capcom and Square games there's only a handful of Nintendo developed/published SNES games actually worth playing that could be added, the majority of the SNES catalogue is mediocre character platformers and puzzle games.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i didn’t even know they put GBA games on the wii u. and i owned one!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Would suck if they released the metroid trilogy on switch and only the first game is on the cart

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DoctorWhat posted:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-metroid-3ds/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

You can't just say that and then not drop your OnlyFans link. :colbert:

Regular reminder that A Short Hike is cute and short and good.

Also, I'm starting BoTW this week, finally. Without giving an exact location, can anyone point me to what general area of the map the Majoras Mask DLC item is located? I want to grab it first, but not spoil myself on discovering the exact location.

If you get frustrated, here’s the Bible:

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

The specific chest is in some ruins near a lake very close to where “most” jump down from the great plateau the first time. All the DLC chests are typically halfway buried in the ground, use magnesis to find them. Another trick is to use the sheika sensor to spot chests, but you won’t get that till you upgrade the sheika sensor in Hateno Village. But it’s very useful for finding the korok mask located in the lost woods.

I don’t know if you need the DLC quests or not to spawn all the chests. But like the other poster said, it’s obtained by reading a book in some ruins also close to where you typically jump down from the great plateau. It’s alongside the main path near great plateau leading towards dueling peaks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bowmore posted:

Would suck if they released the metroid trilogy on switch

wouldn't worry about that

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wouldn't worry about that

metroid prime trilogy is either done and just waiting for a financial emergency or impossible to port. it's the schrodinger's cat of videogames

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

Elden Volcano: the geyser on the left side of the slide is absolute garbage. It was garbage in the original and it's still garbage now. It should have never gotten through play testing.

I don't know what you're referring to, I didn't have any geyser trouble in the area, and the whole place is slides so I can't think of where you're talking about. But also I've only been there the first time do far

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
There's a part when you're collecting those spirit seeds or whatever where you have to jump onto a specific platform while sliding and then notice some columns that produce drafts. It took me a while to see them too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The one where you have to time it so you hit both wind columns? I didn't see them but I saw the platform and it looked like the only way over there

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The real bonkers thing is that the Final Fantasy Pixel editions aren't being day 1 release on Switch.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Bombuzal looks like it's an interesting puzzle game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

The real bonkers thing is that the Final Fantasy Pixel editions aren't being day 1 release on Switch.

The gently caress??

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Clearly Nintendo systems can’t handle Final Fantasy pixel games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zurtilik posted:

Every new detail that comes out about them they look worse and worse