Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

seeing Tei around the site but not in the ps4 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

occasionally seeing a bust rodd post before his next chain probe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Guys, tell me which resident evil to pick up:

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

I have $6 in my psn wallet, and these are all on sale for $7-8 right now.

I already own 1 Remake, 2 remake, 3 remake, 4, 7 and village.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alternatively, just don't

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m actually being probed for NOT posting in FYAD, an extremely hosed up and stupid thing that absolutely SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, but even though this hosed up KiwiFarms psycho has been probing me every 6 hours for nearly a week and I’ve reached out to multiple mods for help, all anyone has told me is that FYAD just randomly assigns 2 IKs every 2 weeks, and this IK has decided to use his IK buttons to soft lock my account because I won’t post self-effacing stories for them to make fun of like a dancing monkey.

It stopped being funny a few days ago, it really fuckin sucks that KiwiFarms Nazi dipshits can just do whatever they want and target me for, I guess, because some people kind of like my silly posts?

To reiterate, I literally do not post in FYAD, and if I had known they could just trap me in the probabtion shadowrealm I wouldn’t have ever posted there to begin with.

lol

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

If you have a reliable co-op buddy, 5. If you really liked 1s gameplay style and can deal with some early 2000s bullshit, CVX. I haven't played 6 so I can't comment.

None are super great though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m actually being probed for NOT posting in FYAD, an extremely hosed up and stupid thing that absolutely SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, but even though this hosed up KiwiFarms psycho has been probing me every 6 hours for nearly a week and I’ve reached out to multiple mods for help, all anyone has told me is that FYAD just randomly assigns 2 IKs every 2 weeks, and this IK has decided to use his IK buttons to soft lock my account because I won’t post self-effacing stories for them to make fun of like a dancing monkey.

It stopped being funny a few days ago, it really fuckin sucks that KiwiFarms Nazi dipshits can just do whatever they want and target me for, I guess, because some people kind of like my silly posts?

To reiterate, I literally do not post in FYAD, and if I had known they could just trap me in the probabtion shadowrealm I wouldn’t have ever posted there to begin with.

no one cares, post the stories already

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arist posted:

My immediate reaction to this is that you shouldn't have posted it if only because whoever replaces this IK is just going to do it again afterwards now

IKs can only probate a post from two weeks ago or more recent so you're free after that as long as you don't post in FYAD again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh there's a statute of limitations?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still have no idea why this is a thing that’s allowed to happen now lol. Like if nothing else it’s completely ruined how funny the original thing was by going on for sooooo long

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

that 2 week limitation should be removed so people can get chain probed into oblivion

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He should just post the haunted prison story but make it as long and boring as possible. This is usually how I get people to stop bothering me on the forums.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 21, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thread infected by FYAD, :gas:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can we close this thread and merge the PS threads now

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Lol

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Love to see all these dumb posts from people who've never posted in here before. loving dweebs. I'm sure you're very impressive and funny.

Necros posted:

its funny

and its also funny that youre still this mad 11 years after getting owned by the guy who was owned by a shark mascot and guy fieri :)
Unironically get a life and grow up.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 21, 2021

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It's so pathetic. "I have never posted in FYAD" but they still managed to find this thread and quote the person who has a beef with is being stalked and harassed by FYAD as their only post here

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ymgve posted:

It's so pathetic. "I have never posted in FYAD" but they still managed to find this thread and quote the person who has a beef with is being stalked and harassed by FYAD as their only post here

its funny

and its also funny that youre still this mad 11 years after getting owned by the guy who was owned by a shark mascot and guy fieri :)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Necros posted:

its funny

I have no clue what the hell you are talking about, mr only post in this thread is quoting me

edit: actual content - Outer Wilds and Sekiro is on sale in EU at least, might be on sale in your region too

ymgve fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 21, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Let's all post epic meltdowns so the fyaders can quote it in their thread and make sick burns about us

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

unshackle the rodd, loosen the restraints, lo! may he bust forth from the trousers of this world

#freeRodd! #releasetherodd

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I haven't seen this much controversy around a bad games poster since the PSP White.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

well, 5 is a direct sequel to cvx. the ps4 version of cvx is the ps2 version and not the widescreen ps3 remaster. and 6 is its own thing and an incredible experience and show of unbridled ambition that i cannot wait to see again with resident evil 9: Apocalypse

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't seen this much controversy around a bad games poster since the PSP White.

lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Imhotep noooo... you were supposed to post your meltdown in this thread not in fyad

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

RE6 is one of my favourite third person shooters ever. However, it can give a really bad first impression because when you start the game you're forced to play through a tutorial filled with cutscenes and QTEs which doesn't teach you much apart from how to shoot and heal.

After this you'll have access to four campaigns as well as side modes like Mercenaries, all of which can be played in co-op. Both RE5 and 6 have a decent number of online players on PS4. You should use Mercenaries to try out different weapons and learn how to counter enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-VLALTcco

In the settings you can make most QTEs auto-complete. You should also know basic techniques such as dodging, sliding, auto-mixing herbs and counters before starting the campaigns.

https://idoc.pub/documents/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-ylyxp7wj3znm

Personally, I think RE5 is just a much less interesting version of RE4. It's alright in co-op and awful in single player because your AI partner has all the same responsibilities as a human player. In RE6 your partner has infinite health and ammo but they can still die if you fail certain QTEs. RE6 also has drop-in drop-out co-op, while RE5 makes you restart from the last checkpoint to allow someone to join. Finally, if you want to get S ranks in the campaign you can die up to 3 times before it will affect your score.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That loving Sned posted:

In the settings you can make most QTEs auto-complete.
I'm pretty sure this got left behind in the PS360 versions, or if it didn't it's very well hidden because I've not been able to find it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

RE6 is one of my favourite third person shooters ever. However, it can give a really bad first impression because when you start the game you're forced to play through a tutorial filled with cutscenes and QTEs which doesn't teach you much apart from how to shoot and heal.

After this you'll have access to four campaigns as well as side modes like Mercenaries, all of which can be played in co-op. Both RE5 and 6 have a decent number of online players on PS4. You should use Mercenaries to try out different weapons and learn how to counter enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-VLALTcco

In the settings you can make most QTEs auto-complete. You should also know basic techniques such as dodging, sliding, auto-mixing herbs and counters before starting the campaigns.

https://idoc.pub/documents/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-ylyxp7wj3znm

Personally, I think RE5 is just a much less interesting version of RE4. It's alright in co-op and awful in single player because your AI partner has all the same responsibilities as a human player. In RE6 your partner has infinite health and ammo but they can still die if you fail certain QTEs. RE6 also has drop-in drop-out co-op, while RE5 makes you restart from the last checkpoint to allow someone to join. Finally, if you want to get S ranks in the campaign you can die up to 3 times before it will affect your score.

agreed

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

fridge corn posted:

Imhotep noooo... you were supposed to post your meltdown in this thread not in fyad

He posted it in the cum town thread and then went into FYAD to apologize, lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this cannot stand!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Summer sale on now. Should I get DMC 5, Dark Souls Remastered, and 13 Sentinels for a grand total of $90 CDN?

This would pretty much mean I own all the major games on PS4 that I have an interest in. Only question would be when will I ever have time to play them all...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

thehoodie posted:

Summer sale on now. Should I get DMC 5, Dark Souls Remastered, and 13 Sentinels for a grand total of $90 CDN?

This would pretty much mean I own all the major games on PS4 that I have an interest in. Only question would be when will I ever have time to play them all...

Why not those games all own

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thehoodie posted:

yes

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

thehoodie posted:

Absolutely, haven't played 13 sentinels yet but the other two own and I'm sure Vanillaware also made another great game.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Done. Now which to play first?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

ymgve posted:

Akuma posted:

Love to see all these dumb posts from people who've never posted in here before. loving dweebs. I'm sure you're very impressive and funny.

Unironically get a life and grow up.

are you guys okay? its just posting. its just the ps4 thread. take a walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
anyone know the going rate of PS4s on ebay/craigslist/facebook mp? I'm thinking of selling my Pro + PSVR (though I might hold on to the latter for a bit until they announce PSVR2) and didn't want to start out with a ridiculous price.