Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

pretty peter avalon is even shooting a movie this year already!

drat, being friends with Hollywood Ryan Nemeth is paying off already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sba posted:

Darby sure gets a lot of TV time

that happens to wrestlers who are very popular yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Orange Cassidy unloads on Sting's broken old rear end

Okay I don't feel that strongly about it but if Sting's shins don't get kicked I will feel robbed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is Wednesday! :buddy:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guillermus posted:

It is Wednesday! :buddy:

My dudes :getin:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grem posted:

Cutler chat from last page -

Add Cutler to the long list of things AEW did that I thought was bad at first but eventually it came around to being good. Cutler is such a vet and paid hella dues in the indies and now he's a goofy young boy. That didn't sit right at first but drat he's just so loving good at it.

I honestly felt so bad for the guy when he sprints down to the ring so god drat hyped with his goofy running style, then trips and has all his stuff go flying into the ring.

He's just so amazing in that role.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Finally watched the Road To. And drat, Lance Archer. Something so powerful about him just talking in this measured, even tone. I still don't know if I think Archer will be winning the title, but I Believe.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

At this point, I'm relatively confident Bryan is showing up in AEW, I guess you should hope they're not saving his debut for All Out. :v:

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1417664591203553281

So what are we gonna have Hangman say, PSP?

"The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still think Mox is winning but I would be very down for Archer winning and doing a Japan tour where he's back with his Suzuki-gun buds :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is Jake the Snake Suzuki-gun affiliated? :thunkher:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I still think Mox is winning but I would be very down for Archer winning and doing a Japan tour where he's back with his Suzuki-gun buds :3:

And then he brings his Suzuki-Gun buddies back to America :kheldragar:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Raskolnikov38 posted:

pretty peter avalon is even shooting a movie this year already!

Looking for more info on IMDB, I found out that he was already featured in the latest Len Kabasinski epic Pact Of Vengeance alongside Diamante. What a world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

And then he brings his Suzuki-Gun buddies back to America :kheldragar:

This would give me the only part of New Japan I care about at the moment so I'm all for it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

This would give me the only part of New Japan I care about at the moment so I'm all for it

Personally I just want to hear ten thousand rabid AEWmaniacs scream Kaze Ni Nare at the top of their lungs.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

MJeff posted:

Okay, new Road to Dynamite, heck yeah, let's go, let's watch Road to Dynamite

*pause 5 seconds in*

Shawn Spears either wants to or already has hosed a chair.

If nothing else, they could have a segment where the Pinnacle are having a meeting at Shawn Spears house and have Cassie Lee come in through a door in the background dressed as a sexy chair and do an immediate Abe Simpson style u-turn when she sees the rest of the Pinnacle.
But I'm a sucker for visual gags.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Interesting bit of information from Ryan Nemeth's Talk Is Jericho episode: Christian Cage is the one who had the idea for the Wingmen.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Interesting bit of information from Ryan Nemeth's Talk Is Jericho episode: Christian Cage is the one who had the idea for the Wingmen.

And to think that some people were down on AEW signing Christian.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

instantly the best thing he's done in wrestling in a decade.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

karmicknight posted:

motherfucker beat brian david gilbert to becoming waluigi.
BDG is already Dorian Smiles.

Why don't you join him? :q:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Imagine saying you don't care about Shingo Takagi, wrestler of the year

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Rarity posted:

I'm gonna tell sanada about this

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Give Rarity a break. A diet of microwave burg does terrible things to your mental acuity.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The burgers were canned, then microwaved

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

That's already a win for AEW just by signing Christian.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I love Shingo matches, he's just never been a fave :shrug:

Procrastinator posted:

I'm gonna tell sanada about this

SANADA is in time out until he starts winning things :mad:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Give Rarity a break. A diet of microwave burg does terrible things to your mental acuity.

Everyone keeps bullying me :cry::cry::cry:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

SANADA is in time out until he starts winning things :mad:

Burying the tag titles. Yet more confirmation that you’re secretly Gedo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I got a breakfast sandwich at a coffee shop the other day and I was happy that the guy put it in the panini press to warm it up. Then I watched in horror from across the room as he immediately put it in the microwave after that. Zero stars. Worst Bagel of the Year Candidate.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

And I was like, "Alright,'" so I went back and gathered everyone around and I said, "Alright, so we're The Wingmen now," and they said, "What does that mean?" "You know, like when you go to a bar and you help a guy meet a girl. We're just that.. just, all the time. And it's not really ever about women."

This description is incredible.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Christian Cage is now officially the best signing that AEW has done all year and it's not even close.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the "and it's not really ever about women." seems like a minor detail, but it's such an important factor in why the gimmick is awesome

it might still be fun at times if they were striking out with babes or whatever other generic comedy poo poo, but since they're just good buddies who have each other's back and are completely clueless about sex (the volcel wingmen!?) it elevates the hell out of it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

the "and it's not really ever about women." seems like a minor detail, but it's such an important factor in why the gimmick is awesome

it might still be fun at times if they were striking out with babes or whatever other generic comedy poo poo, but since they're just good buddies who have each other's back and are completely clueless about sex (the volcel wingmen!?) it elevates the hell out of it

That's precisely it. They're not creeps hunting for girls, they're guys being dudes.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dudes Rock: The gimmick.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The reason it's not about women is because ALL of them are the wingman, but none of them is the friend everyone's trying to help get laid.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sticklefifer posted:

The reason it's not about women is because ALL of them are the wingman, but none of them is the friend everyone's trying to help get laid.

Imagine the Hangman Dark Order storyline, but it's Hangman and The Wingmen.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dudes who just want to chill out together and have fun. The Hang-Men

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

but Hangman already dresses well and has beautiful hair.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm pretty excited for the heat between the Blonds and the Acclaimed... best thing to come out of Dark last night

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Listening to Talk is Jericho and I can tell why The Honk is a locker room's favourite. 7 mins in he explains how he got invited to -1's birthday party (good old friends with Brodie) and they told him to bring his wrestling gear, the rest is history.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Was cutler trying to not crease his sneakers? That run is so over the top goofy it doesn’t seem “intentional” in the sense of running like a huge dork for laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Was cutler trying to not crease his sneakers? That run is so over the top goofy it doesn’t seem “intentional” in the sense of running like a huge dork for laughs.

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1417648859828736002?s=20

he appears to know precisely what he is doing, and that is being a Waluigi-level stooge.