Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
CM Punk needs to come out to Cult of Personality exactly once in Chicago for the god pop and then he can do commentary or disappear or whatever.

I don't really need to see him wrestle anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Punk is a vector to fans that tapped out within the last few years, so long as the locker room is happy, it’s just good business to bring him in.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I want Punk if for no other reason than to make Jericho worried about his spot

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

punk coming back would be a big deal and I like it when things happen for AEW that are positive big deals so I would like it if punk came back, but to AEW

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

xbilkis posted:

CM Punk should be booked exclusively in shoot-style fights where he gets squashed clean.

Punk go to GLEAT

He's a former UFC fighter he'll fit right in

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Not really getting the Punk hate all of a sudden.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk/Bryan vs. the Bucks would be a fun match imo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Vince MechMahon posted:

Knowing what we know about AEW and both of the acclaimed they almost certainly cleared it with her and it's almost certainly leading to her humiliating them for it. This is more WWE brain because thanks to poo poo like Piggie James we all assume that the entire point is to embarrass Julia and she'll end up never getting her heat back, but I don't think that's what's happening.
Oh, I'm sure it's cleared and I'm sure they'll get their comeuppance and all that, it's just not the kind of subject matter I enjoy. That has nothing to do with WWE for me.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Which wave of the future guy do you hitch Punk to like they have with every other legend they’ve brought in?
If he's going to wrestle regularly? Darby again. Pull sort of an edgelord version of Evolution with Sting/Punk/Darby representing different eras. Then they can both tag regularly in a way that Sting can't.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Punk should lose every match, but the result gets reversed due to a drug test result every week

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Brian Cage victory overturned due to lack of drugs in the sample

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I mean him throwing Colt under the bus didn't really sit well with folks, it was super lovely.

I pretty much missed him entirely so I have no attachment to him but also he'd probably do good business for AEW. More interested in Bryan tho

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think the article is funny because its so incredibly vague and is just "hey we 'heard' punk is talking to aew from some guy somewhere haha isn't that crazy?" and im pretty sure this same thing happened at the last 2 all outs

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Punk is just the doorway to get AJ Lee in to do commentary or manage someone

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Oh Snapple! posted:

I mean him throwing Colt under the bus didn't really sit well with folks, it was super lovely.

I pretty much missed him entirely so I have no attachment to him but also he'd probably do good business for AEW. More interested in Bryan tho

Yeah i think the combo of Punk suing Colt and him doing that lovely Fox show for WWE understandably evaporated a lot of the goodwill ppl had fo rhim after he walked out. And for some ppl that's translated to him never being good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can acknowledge that he'd pop a number but also would on a personal fandom level much rather see guys like Darby, Hangman, etc get time to build their legends than "remember guy from Other Company? Isn't Other Company so cool?"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I can acknowledge that he'd pop a number but also would on a personal fandom level much rather see guys like Darby, Hangman, etc get time to build their legends than "remember guy from Other Company? Isn't Other Company so cool?"

I don't see why he wouldn't get paired with someone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

boxcarhobo posted:

i think the article is funny because its so incredibly vague and is just "hey we 'heard' punk is talking to aew from some guy somewhere haha isn't that crazy?" and im pretty sure this same thing happened at the last 2 all outs

Nnnnnnnno. SRS isn't some scoopz-with-a-z bullshitter, if he posted this, it means there's real traction to it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

boxcarhobo posted:

I get all my very reliable information from wrassle-newzz.biz

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Punk is just the doorway to get AJ Lee in to do commentary or manage someone

I'd much rather have AJ than Punk to be honest.

Though it's AEW so even Punk could be good.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

projecthalaxy posted:

I agree totally but a) they're still pushing all those guys in the top programmes rather than any of the olds b) I'd much ratehr have Punk and Bryan there as veterans from the other company than Christian and Matt HArdy

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh i didnt realize it was sean ross sapp, but also i believe he can be worked as well so i still dont buy it one bit lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TommyEnd/status/1417878482068115462

Unrelated to CM Punk, but it makes me happy to see Tommy End commenting on Miyu Yamashita.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/__akuma/status/1417881492114579457?s=21

this

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk convincing Wardlow to turn on MJF would be a fun storyline.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I was not watching wrestling at that time, so I do not care about CM Punk. Should I?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I agree totally but a) they're still pushing all those guys in the top programmes rather than any of the olds b) I'd much ratehr have Punk and Bryan there as veterans from the other company than Christian and Matt HArdy

Show more respect to Big Money Matt.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

boxcarhobo posted:

oh i didnt realize it was sean ross sapp, but also i believe he can be worked as well so i still dont buy it one bit lol

I don't think SRS would run the story if he wasn't fairly confident that it's legitimate information.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MJeff posted:

Nnnnnnnno. SRS isn't some scoopz-with-a-z bullshitter, if he posted this, it means there's real traction to it.

Yeah.

It's no guarantee Punk or Bryan Danielson are coming to AEW (especially Bryan who might be heading to NJPW), but they are very, very real possibilities

EDIT Also I get people hate Punk after that lawsuit bullshit with Colt, but Vince hosting the live execution of Triple H on Smackdown will be really funny

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The problem is it doesn't seem to be "instead" so far. Matt and Christian didn't replace Jericho townhalls or the codyverse for example, they just also get minutes every show. Add 15 mins for a Pipebomb every single week and somebody cool is getting cut from the show

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

enigmahfc posted:

I was not watching wrestling at that time, so I do not care about CM Punk. Should I?

He's one of the best talkers of the last 20 years and would have been a megastar if WWE hadnt hosed him up

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Punk can wrestle if he wants to, that's fine, but I'd love him as a manager or on commentary.
I want him and Kingston to get into a promo war.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

If he comes back and actually gives a poo poo, he could still be a really good pickup for AEW. If he just comes back for the money and mails it in every week, it's a hard pass.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

projecthalaxy posted:

The problem is it doesn't seem to be "instead" so far. Matt and Christian didn't replace Jericho townhalls or the codyverse for example, they just also get minutes every show. Add 15 mins for a Pipebomb every single week and somebody cool is getting cut from the show

You're right but they're getting an extra hour very soon which should help. I'd absolutely rather see much less of the older vets but I think they've struck an ok balance so far

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1417884529814118406

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

neoaxd posted:

Punk can wrestle if he wants to, that's fine, but I'd love him as a manager or on commentary.
I want him and Kingston to get into a promo war.

Punk and MJF would melt screens

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

enigmahfc posted:

He's a good promo. He used to be a good wrestler but who knows what he still has at the age of 42 after getting creamed in a couple MMA fights and not really wrestling for the last seven years aside from a couple of secret indie appearances. I think he'd probably be best in a player/coach/manager kind of role like what Matt Hardy is doing. Where he wrestles here and there but primarily is cutting promos and helping younger guys get over.

The bigger picture is that there are a ton of CM Punk superfans still out there and signing him would almost certainly move some big numbers for AEW.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, as someone who wasn't watching wrestling at the time but has gone back to watch a couple of early-10s highlight matches, I am more or less uninterested in Punk's wrestling ability but I acknowledge he talk real good. Ideally he'd slot in as a Special Attraction wrestler more than anything else. Use him like Sting but with more mic time, not like Christian. (edit: Or yeah, like Matt Hardy as the person above mentioned)

Pylons posted:

Punk convincing Wardlow to turn on MJF would be a fun storyline.

I am into idea of him as a messy little agent of chaos just flitting about as he sees fit to start drama

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 21, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sean ross sapp is a liar and a hack!!

e: ah dangit

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

Punk vs Sting to gain custody of the straightedge kid

unironically this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Serena Deeb comes out to call Punk a fuckin dork and downs a beer with the DO while 10 does rails