Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yossarian-22 posted:

They only need 2/3 of those guys healthy. 3/3 is 74-8 territory and gg for the rest of the league

yeah but they need 2/3 fully healthy at the end of the season and idk if that’s a reasonable expectation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

KD has candy canes for bones

Yet he made a stunning recovery from his Achilles injury and played complete playoff games to the point of exhaustion without apparent issue

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tom Brady is tougher.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

indigi posted:

yeah but they need 2/3 fully healthy at the end of the season and idk if that’s a reasonable expectation

next season theyre gonna load manage their way to having at most one of durant, kyrie, and harden active per game

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Yet he made a stunning recovery from his Achilles injury and played complete playoff games to the point of exhaustion without apparent issue

well an achilles tendon is a tendon not a bone so that doesn't contradict him having bones specifically made of sugar

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indigi posted:

Given modern load management in the nba and that the schedule will be way less compact I think they can do it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it would be nice if Harden gets a ring

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Multiple sources confirmed Sunday that the Toronto Raptors have emerged as a team with “significant” interest in Simmons. One source close to talks said discussions have not been substantial as of yet. Multiple sources including those close to talks said a proposed framework including Raptors guards Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th overall pick in Thursday’s draft for Simmons was rejected by Toronto. [Action Network]

Lamo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also I called the Steven Adam’s trade and extension a disaster last year for NOLA and was jumped on my ESPN fans here who loved it

now Adams has been exiled to a hamlet even more backwater and irrelevant than New Orleans

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Multiple sources confirmed Sunday that the Toronto Raptors have emerged as a team with “significant” interest in Simmons. One source close to talks said discussions have not been substantial as of yet. Multiple sources including those close to talks said a proposed framework including Raptors guards Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th overall pick in Thursday’s draft for Simmons was rejected by Toronto. [Action Network]

Lamo

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Nola can get Lowry and flip Ingramahm into an actual good player I think they could be decent next year
hart and lonzo are probably gone

god that Adams deal was so dumb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/harrison_grimm/status/1415756231659114500?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/...ecision-to-make

that cuts out Embiid lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

makes sense

i don't see why the 76ers would want draft picks at this point, so whatever deal they get is obviously gonna be centered around win now players with any draft picks being sweeteners at most

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they would want draft picks to flip for more players

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a trade was inevitable when Simmons did not dunk that open layup in the 4th quarter of game seven

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

they would want draft picks to flip for more players

yeah sure but they're not trading ben for a top ten this year, a first rounder next year, and a rotation player to be named later

getting picks is fine but they're not targeting trading up to get one of the Jalens or something

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oic yeah

I thought you meant in general

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oh yeah no, draft picks are always good to have. the point i was badly making is that i don't think ben not getting dealt by the draft affects anything

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

Lamo

morey in lala land

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

draft picks can be exchanged for goods and services

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

would the raptors even trade lowry for simmons straight up

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

yes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

would the raptors even trade lowry for simmons straight up

yeah probably, lowry's a better player but he's also old as the hills

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would have to be a sign and trade which would not be great for the sixers as it would hard cap them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Euph, maybe you can appreciate this, I was driving down one of the least traveled freeways in the United States at 3:00 AM so I was all alone listening to the latest Lowe Post podcast. Givony started talking about Lonzo Ball . . . and I don't know if it's because he's the originator of the Lonzo Ball Myth, if it's because he's the reason that I've had to see so much delusion circling a single basketball player and that the team I cheer for will always be connected to him . . . maybe it's because anyone who still thinks that Lonzo Ball is a future star either doesn't watch a lot of basketball or is a loving moron. But regardless, to my surprise and dread, I found myself SCREAMING at my car audio playback device about how much Lonzo Ball loving sucks and how I'm so god drat tired of this guy who does nothing but kiss the rear end of low level NBA execs and cheer for the Boston Celtics lying to people and saying he's good.

I wish I could say it was cathartic, but, I felt loving awful about it. I'm an old person. Why do I even care? I shouldn't. I have no reason to. I'm on PTO, I just got done eating some 24 hour Wendys, how bad can life be to have this sort of reaction? I'm sorry to behave in such a manner and I hope you can forgive me... . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it just sounds like you are an NBA fan.

if pods are stressing you out on long drives tho I suggest weed and jam bands instead like Phish

not a lot of weed tho just a bit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thank you, that's good advice.

I am wondering if now that weed is legal in Arizona if it's safe to drive through a border patrol checkpoint with it in my car? The dogs were not out tonight and I'm extremely white passing at the moment so they just waved me through so tonight would have been fine. Also maybe those dogs only sniff for people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is lots of weed products you can get besides the actual leaf

I don’t even think tinctures smell. maybe they do. I’m not a dog. anyway you can load up before you cross the line. edibles last like 6+ hours

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am definitely considering tinctures. I can't smoke and don't like to bake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I put tinctures in my coffee every morning it’s the best

no smell no nothing

do you think the Lakers are moving Kuzma ? what do you think they can get ? 13 million isn’t bad for him . maybe a good second rounder ?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

I put tinctures in my coffee every morning it’s the best

no smell no nothing

do you think the Lakers are moving Kuzma ? what do you think they can get ? 13 million isn’t bad for him . maybe a good second rounder ?

I think there are teams that Kuzma could probably help but I think the way his name's been out there the past week or so has probably not helped his value very much. I would probably just try to keep him unless it's a situation where he wants out badly. In that case I would probably prefer an early second to trading him for a chucker Frank Vogel is just gonna bench. At least Kuzma is a player that Frank plays.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rick posted:

I'm an old person. Why do I even care? I shouldn't. I have no reason to. I'm on PTO, I just got done eating some 24 hour Wendys, how bad can life be to have this sort of reaction? I'm sorry to behave in such a manner and I hope you can forgive me... . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Boomer to homer pipeline

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m gonna pose to the thread a hypothetical I heard on a basketball podcast I really like. you’re adding a player to a playoff team and you can pick either Antonio Davis, or Louis

details about Louis: he’s a 5’7” somewhat athletic white guy with bad defense and a long windup/release. like, longest in the NBA by a standard deviation.

any shot he gets off from inside half court goes in 100% of the time. if he’s beyond half court, it goes in 30% of the time. he can put a ton of arc on the ball so he’s capable of shooting almost vertically, he can lean around a player and underhand it in, he can even bounce it off the floor and it will go in (if it isn’t blocked, in all cases), but he can’t bank it off his own net/backboard into the opposite net.

who are you taking

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 29, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how would Louis be able to score

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

how would Louis be able to score

that’s on the coach to get him open looks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

indigi posted:

I’m gonna pose to the thread a hypothetical I heard on a basketball podcast I really like. you’re adding a player to a playoff team and you can pick either Antonio Davis, or Louis

details about Louis: he’s a 5’7” somewhat athletic white guy with bad defense and a long windup/release. like, longest in the NBA by a standard deviation.

any shot he takes from inside half court goes in 100% of the time. if he takes it from beyond half court, it goes in 30% of the time. he can put a ton of arc on the ball so he’s capable of shooting almost vertically, he can lean around a player and underhand it in, he can even bounce it off the floor and it will go in (if it isn’t blocked, in all cases), but he can’t bank it off his own net into the opposite net.

who are you taking

I didn't know who Antonio Davis was and you didn't provide any info so I looked him up and it looks like he retired 15 years ago and is 52 years old https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/davisan01.html so probably the other guy even if it'd be hard to get him a chance to shoot the ball. He can be a full-time guy who stands a few yards outside of the paint just to draw a defender. Not sure it'd be worth also always being down a guy on defense though.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 29, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah idk what autocorrect was thinking why not just go with Antony

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

its a fun thought exercise

peak Antonio Davis is a solid defensive big man who could be your every day starter, a solid addition to a lot of playoff team rosters

this other guy, i suppose the question is can he even get a shot off against an NBA defense and how bad is bad defense.

if he's like a rec league guy with 90s sports movie magic powers, the answer is probably Antonio Davis because im fairly confident that any NBA player could block me more than enough to pull my shooting down to "really good" at best, even with an NBA team trying to get me looks, and they're going to embarrass me on defense so much that even a nutso shooting percentage is gonna be hard to overcome

but maybe I'm selling myself, I mean a hypothetical rec league guy, short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Antonio Davis played today he’d have to hit 3s at a basic rate which I think he could do