Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's kind of weird that this is the show they're choosing to end that mini-arc on rather than Flash which is way more crossover-laden, or Legends which is literally about aliens this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Kind of makes you wonder why the legends NEVER run into any kryotonians when they have a ship that can travel through time & space...

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What if the final aliens that show up this season are the Thanagarians, who were technically the main plot point of season 1? That'd be... something.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vietnamwees posted:

Kind of makes you wonder why the legends NEVER run into any kryotonians when they have a ship that can travel through time & space...

I just wish the Arrowverse was allowed to use a live action Batman outside of Crisis.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
I thought Dig was getting a supergirl episode too or am I misremembering?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vord posted:

I thought Dig was getting a supergirl episode too or am I misremembering?

I think you’re right. I forgot about Supergirl since it hadn’t been airing recently. I guess that means it is going to take a little over a month for the end of this Diggle story.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He flies off in a spaceship to find his destiny and we never hear from him again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Welp, the show is definitely in the mainline Arrowverse now.

I absolutely adore Diggle as the voice of traditional super heroics there.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 14, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Welp, the show is definitely in the mainline Arrowverse now.

I absolutely adore Diggle as the voice of traditional super heroics there.

The voice of traditional superheroics and also being totally done with traditional superheroics.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I know the scheduling is probably all screwed up from how they originally planned it, but it is kind of funny that last time we saw Dig he was having debilitating headaches and ended the episode saying something like "I have to go handle something I've been putting off for way too long" with a strong note of finality, and then next time we see him he's just delivering more packages for Lyla.

Also his reaction to the new multiverse reveal was kind of surprising. I thought at first that he was shocked and interested, but then he revealed that he's just tired of dealing with multiverse crap. Although I suppose he could be assuming that Irons came over before Crisis and has just been there a while, which come to think of it could be the truth.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ShakeZula posted:

I know the scheduling is probably all screwed up from how they originally planned it, but it is kind of funny that last time we saw Dig he was having debilitating headaches and ended the episode saying something like "I have to go handle something I've been putting off for way too long" with a strong note of finality, and then next time we see him he's just delivering more packages for Lyla.

Also his reaction to the new multiverse reveal was kind of surprising. I thought at first that he was shocked and interested, but then he revealed that he's just tired of dealing with multiverse crap. Although I suppose he could be assuming that Irons came over before Crisis and has just been there a while, which come to think of it could be the truth.

It does lend credence to the theory (or was it confirmed, I can't remember) that S&L takes place after a timeskip in comparison to the rest of the Arrowverse. Which would explain why Dig's not having headaches and why he's more done with superheroics when he was down to suit up on Flash.

And as far as the multiverse crap, I think he's just surprised that Irons is from another Earth since as far as everyone else is concerned, there is no longer a multiverse and the only ones that remember it in the first place are everyone involved with Crisis.

Anyway I'm glad that his presence didn't really screw things up very much, just a "hey here's your gadget, killing Superman is bad btw"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My understanding of post-Crisis status quo is that a multiverse is known, academically, to exist, but that none have been mapped by the heroes of Earth-Prime.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Smallville is full of assholes. No wonder they had no problems hitting up Martha Kent for cash.

What was said in the final scene with Edge in prison when his eyes flashed blue? I couldn't make it out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/AbXLUd1.mp4

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'd probably be pretty pissed at Lana and Kyle, too. Not enough to spraypaint their house or smash a window, but I'd definitely be avoiding them for the next few months. I'm probably projecting a lot of real-world issues on this, but they did cheerlead for a guy who ended up destroying a chunk of Smallville and attempted to turn a bunch of people into shells for Kryptonians to inhabit.

A Fancy Hat fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 14, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What was said in the final scene with Edge in prison when his eyes flashed blue? I couldn't make it out.

Yeah, I went back and replayed it a few times and still couldn't make it out.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

You mean the voiceover? Wasn't it just a repeat of his AI Dad saying "You have to do what you were sent here to do" or whatever? The implication being that Edge is not defeated, there is some larger plan still in play.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
So, has edge just seeded Kryptonian minds throughout the atmosphere or something?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
This was the clunkiest episode yet, but I respect that it was all in the service of tying up this phase of the story.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I liked Diggle showing up but it is weird it had nothing to do with the Diggle plot from all the other Arrowverse shows.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Sloth Life posted:

So, has edge just seeded Kryptonian minds throughout the atmosphere or something?

Maybe he became the eradicator with the goal of making another krypton.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Irons needs a new helmet. The rest of the suit looks fine but that is not a hero helmet.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

muscles like this! posted:

Irons needs a new helmet. The rest of the suit looks fine but that is not a hero helmet.

Needs a big smiley face on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love this show so drat much.

I really wish they'd slim down the fake muscles on Tyler's suit though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The "we don't have the budget for another fight location" maneuver

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm probably projecting a lot of real-world issues on this

I think you're meant to, actually.

Small town guy: "Finally! A man who wants to use his money and power to help us and create jobs!"

Left-leaning media worker: "But this man is evil! Look: he's twirling his mustache as we speak!"

STG: "You just don't care about this place, do you!?"

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I like how it's based on real world issues. It's very human, and people have good reasons for their positions against the protagonists.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I thought it was gonna be a little out there, but I guess Edge absorbed the Eradicator.

Lois's actress gave another great set of lines that must've been an effort to get out in a single take.

Also, looking at the preview at the end of this episode, they might not go Superwoman, but they might do Clark's identity reveal

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, looking at the preview at the end of this episode, they might not go Superwoman, but they might do Clark's identity reveal

I doubt they'll really do it, but it's fascinating to consider that such an event is actually on the table for this show. This is an older, established Superman; he's not bound by the usual status quo that a typical Superman story would be. It could very easily veer into "And then he was unmasked" territory.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

TheAceOfLungs posted:

I doubt they'll really do it, but it's fascinating to consider that such an event is actually on the table for this show. This is an older, established Superman; he's not bound by the usual status quo that a typical Superman story would be. It could very easily veer into "And then he was unmasked" territory.

I think they could make it work but I feel like the kids need to deal with secret identity stuff a bit more before that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kind of a lowkey episode but it worked.

:rip: Edge. Hello Eradicator. I wonder how he plans to resurrect kryptonians.

No new ep until Aug 10th? This scheduling sucks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The delay is to pair it with the new season of Stargirl.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The scheduling on this is loving bizarre. I hope it doesn't damage the show because I really want a second season of Superman and Lois.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

The scheduling on this is loving bizarre. I hope it doesn't damage the show because I really want a second season of Superman and Lois.

The show was renewed for a second season right after the first episode aired.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Having a reason for the stupid schedule does not make it suck less.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only problem with the Eradicator is when I hear its name I think of the Kids in the Hall sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0FxifkzFQ

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

muscles like this! posted:

The only problem with the Eradicator is when I hear its name I think of the Kids in the Hall sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0FxifkzFQ

Also it doesn't eradicate things and so the name makes no sense at all.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That episode was eerily suspenseful even outside of the Edge and Larr stuff. Small town politics have never been so thrilling.

And was that maybe the first episode filmed after their Covid hiatus? Some of the characters looked like they had different hair/makeup or something.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The show was renewed for a second season right after the first episode aired.

The way production cycles work under covid, it'd have to. They'd be already writing the show now. I think Legends has started filming, and that's just over halfway through its current season, and the new season is not expected to be back until next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Legends season ends 8/22 and the new season starts 10/13.