Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Why did you think linking a wiki page in response to "The game is unintuitive in lots of places" was anything except admitting defeat immediately? It's not someone "playing that game" it's just the game has a problem with being a complicated mess to new people, which is not nearly a new thing.

Because that's not what was said. It's trivial to find the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

dyzzy posted:

Guardian HoP with smite, rallying cry, and battlemage's cry triggering absolution. Can't possibly be bad!

I really want to do something with absolution but I have no build creation chops, so I'm gonna wait to see how other people's builds pan out.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Magus42 posted:

I was saying they don't know what they're doing because they made the support gem named "Hypothermia" functionally better for ignite and bleed builds than builds that are literal walking blizzards. You're guys are putting too much thought into it.

Damage nerfs or not, it makes me lol.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Has there ever been a Battlemage build worth playing? Thinking about that Battlemage Cry and I wanna crib some notes from good battlemage builds (if, indeed, any have ever existed)

Huh, isn't Battlemage's Cry kinda 'backwards' from Battlemage the keyword? Battlemage's Cry is spell damage stat applied to attacks, whereas Battlemage is weapon damage applied to spells. Am I reading that correctly?

Volcanus was a popular Battlemage weapon so you could look up builds using that. (Probably Kulemak, too, though you'll get a bunch of other builds as well.) CoC Purifying Flame Inquis was one that used Volcanus with Battlemage.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Deki posted:

I really want to do something with absolution but I have no build creation chops, so I'm gonna wait to see how other people's builds pan out.

Absolution plus Soulwrest, possibly.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Heads up to those looking to run the thematically consistent combo of Dom Blow + Absolution: both skills consume corpses to spawn the minions so you probably can't spawn both off the same mob so you might have trouble with the debuffs overlapping. It might work fine though if Absolution only maxes out at 3 minions.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
You guys ready for the Reaper gem to give absolutely gently caress all information for how it works in game, and will require no less than fourteen posts from Mark_GGG on reddit to fully understand, which will then become the sole source of information on the gem for the next 3 years?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So about that path of building update.....

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

So about that path of building update.....

The gem changes have been merged into the dev branch https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/tree/dev

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
A really nice thing from the patch notes is there will be alot less people asking for trigger craft on wands.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

A really nice thing from the patch notes is there will be alot less people asking for trigger craft on wands.

They will be asking for Elreon crafts instead

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Elreon craft is proportionally a lot worse than it used to be, so good luck there, it won't be solving mana issues for almost any builds.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't take pride in nobly doing crafts for goons

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Magus42 posted:

the issue isn't just the accessibility of the info, it's how much information and mechanics you have to intrinsically understand to figure out how your build works in addition to that sometimes the information is literally out of date or lacking.

for example the way the game describes Ailments is a great starting point. now let's say you decide to run a Cold Snap build and you pick up Hypothermia, a cold-related support gem. you think to yourself that this gem would be perfect for the build, but cold damage over time is not in fact an ailment, and only the hit portion is scaled by Hypothermia's bonus damage against chilled enemies.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
praxis going to be in people's load out till like level 90 this league lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I love how its gonna be like a whole new game come friday.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1417979279678205954

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I love how its gonna be like a whole new game come friday.

well everything is going to be the same except the power of the player character. I wouldn't even particularly call it a new experience.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Is there anyway to get chaos resist on totems? Forbidden Rite spell totems seems like it could clear well and be ok at single target but I can't figure out a way to raise the base 20% chaos res of totems.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

lamentable dustman posted:

Is there anyway to get chaos resist on totems? Forbidden Rite spell totems seems like it could clear well and be ok at single target but I can't figure out a way to raise the base 20% chaos res of totems.

Pretty sure there's at least one cluster jewel node

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

194 phys damage taken per trauma . Wow

286 to 429 base damage not including what your get from armor / evasion

+5 to melee strike range

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

MMF Freeway posted:

Pretty sure there's at least one cluster jewel node

Thanks, forgot to check that. Ancestral Preservation has totem life and +40% chaos res

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Reaper scales up the life and damage reduction of your other minions. There is a small chance the Reaper is going to be a monster, but knowing GGG's feeling towards minions, this is probably a meme gem.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Concoction numbers look...eh. I mean in terms of raw damage, if you're consuming flask charges, they're nice. And it's got a lot of tags. But splitting damage into three different types is very inefficient and the fire damage alone is not that impressive. Also the added cold/lightning damage support gems are very strong now and a skill with heavy base damage and normal effectiveness isn't great for those. Seems like a fire/ignite focus with one ruby flask might make the most sense? But that's kinda boring too, and doesn't sound that strong on the surface of it.

Pretty disappointed with the Sapphire/Topaz interactions unless I'm really underestimating the ways to scale them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

+5 to melee strike range

I keep looking at this but for longer fights without anyway to gain a stack basically means your running a 5l until your about to kill the target, right? Sounds good for mapping?

It's bound to make pob dps look good for some pob warriors?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

Reaper scales up the life and damage reduction of your other minions. There is a small chance the Reaper is going to be a monster, but knowing GGG's feeling towards minions, this is probably a meme gem.

Im still going to try it out because srs was barely changed, the convenant is still going to be a cheap 6 link that bypasses the bullshit mana cost increases and soulwrest should still be cheap so even if reaper sucks I can always fall back into two tried and tested minion builds that dont deal with most of the bullshit other starter builds got hit with.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Join us on the discord server if you have build paralysis. The random build bot had been updated with the new gems and hottest theorycrafting for this weak, anemic, brittle-boned league. Each recommendation a guaranteed winner

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

lamentable dustman posted:

Thanks, forgot to check that. Ancestral Preservation has totem life and +40% chaos res

They start with 20% so you need 2 of them to max your totems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I keep looking at this but for longer fights without anyway to gain a stack basically means your running a 5l until your about to kill the target, right? Sounds good for mapping?

Low life is 50% .

So for slayer with the cull node it would be 50% to 30% ?

Also you will have a mob buff all the time except for a couple bosses ?

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I was thinking that you could use shield crush as a single target option for SST bleed glad, but that looks like it's out. It deals less damage per hit and has a slower attack speed on top of it.
Hit based builds might still be able to make use of the overlap, but that won't work well for bleeds.

I'm really interested to see how spectral helix feels in practice. It has 250% base damage and 110% base attack speed. That's the same base damage as old heavy strike, but with ~30% more attack speed.
For clear I imagine you have to think of it as a slowly growing AoE zone for it to feel good. You throw it out once or twice and then move on. I can't imagine they let the same projectile hit a single target more than once, but even then it should be solid damage on bosses, and the only clear gem it seems to need is faster proj.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

Low life is 50% .

So for slayer with the cull node it would be 50% to 30% ?

Also you will have a mob buff all the time except for a couple bosses ?

Oh yea they did raise it to 50% so slightly better.

Headsman(bane of legends) is 20% cull also.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

euphronius posted:

194 phys damage taken per trauma . Wow

Mitigated by armor etc, so can be reduced to next to nothing and covered by leech until you have a hell of a lot of trauma stacks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was gonna ask if they said there was a limit to the stacks?

Really I don't trust any standard melee ability in the game really because mobility is so important to not die.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

boo_radley posted:

Join us on the discord server if you have build paralysis. The random build bot had been updated with the new gems and hottest theorycrafting for this weak, anemic, brittle-boned league. Each recommendation a guaranteed winner

Can confirm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Mitigated by armor etc, so can be reduced to next to nothing and covered by leech until you have a hell of a lot of trauma stacks.

Maybe proc ???

I don’t know if self trauma is a hit

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Tenzarin posted:

Nah, that's a legit support gem and if you play a strike build, I would probably use it.

It's basically 25% more (generic) damage. And a headhunter.

Edit: And strike range.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems like a lot of strike range. It’s more than Impact.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Eh, its just a single stack.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

another league going arc/bl miner fadc into srs aurabot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
am I crazy or is concoction really underwhelming for what you give up?