Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

ok, i get that. but being able to yoink all traffic is pretty much the same as being at the center.

No it isn't. A camera on the side of a highway is not the same thing as the highway.

pnac attack posted:

with dank memes and engaging influencers. capturing the best of what we are and turning it against us. hosed up

Good lord your entire ideology IS gently caress you dad. Usually MLs at least ar exaggerating about that but lordy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pnac but guarding one computer server in Utah https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNstQ6q-kYw

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 00:02 on Jul 22, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yossarian-22 posted:

Pnac but guarding one computer server in Utah https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNstQ6q-kYw

Shooting the 1 server like

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Yossarian-22 posted:

replace the sugar with an urban garden and this is p much the perfect encapsulation of the anarchist belief system

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Got a chance to watch this. Really interesting and, frankly, way better than what we have in america.

What was the reaction/resistance to Cuba enacting a few capitalist 'reforms' recently? With how the video describes their system it I would have assumed it would have gotten a ton of pushback.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

No it isn't. A camera on the side of a highway is not the same thing as the highway.

that is one of many differences between cars and data

Yossarian-22 posted:

i'm a bee

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the tea drinking gentleman is also an anarchist

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pnac attack posted:

ok, i get that. but being able to yoink all traffic is pretty much the same as being at the center. they aren't just there, they're in all the big hubs you know? if you're using the regular internet it's going into this hole in utah that the man uses to creep on us so he can control us better. with dank memes and engaging influencers. capturing the best of what we are and turning it against us. hosed up

Who else could wade through the sea of garbage we produce, retrieve valuable truths and even interpret their meaning for later generations?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fallout has taught us that the future is basically an eternal quagmire between california and the mormans so this really all checks out so far

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

Who else could wade through the sea of garbage we produce, retrieve valuable truths and even interpret their meaning for later generations?

no person could, there's just too much. that's for a spooky ai brought up first on facial recognition then advertising analytics then market manipulation to take a crack at. born out of the patriot act and raised by darpa/google/vegas syndicates. loving this trajectory and sure it will do a great job

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

that is one of many differences between cars and data

i'm a bee

Not really? Anything you do on a car on a monitored highway can theoretically be monitored. Point is the infrastructure that makes it possible is not the same thing as things that monitor it. Like this isn't some philosophical big brained thing they are just two different things.

a drone? Weird for an anarchist to identify with an entirely rigid collectivist system.

Sedisp has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Jul 22, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pnac attack posted:

no person could, there's just too much. that's for a spooky ai brought up first on facial recognition then advertising analytics then market manipulation to take a crack at. born out of the patriot act and raised by darpa/google/vegas syndicates. loving this trajectory and sure it will do a great job

We've always kept records of our lives. Through words, pictures, symbols; from tablets to books - that's what history is!

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

We've always kept records of our lives. Through words, pictures, symbols; from tablets to books - that's what history is!

don't think that record has ever been so granular, centralized, or one-sided before

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

Not really? Anything you do on a car on a monitored highway can theoretically be monitored. Point is the infrastructure that makes it possible is not the same thing as things that monitor it. Like this isn't some philosophical big brained thing they are just two different things.

a drone? Weird for an anarchist to identify with an entirely rigid collectivist system.

bees are dope as hell and there's nothing i love more than expressing myself through dance, gathering nectar, and laying/following pheromone trails. treat this hive like anarchy could work

if you're really this stuck on the car analogy let me put it like. nsa control of internet hubs isn't like having a camera out on the road it's like having full camera coverage+control of all the signals+the ability to close roads+patrol cars out for enforcement. it's absolute control over that infrastructure by a central authority whether you call it "centralized" or not

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

bees are dope as hell and there's nothing i love more than expressing myself through dance, gathering nectar, and laying/following pheromone trails. treat this hive like anarchy could work

So.... a state.... completely dedicated to the survival of the state.

lol

Again are you sure you're not an anarcho-fascist? You seem to keep describing completely terrible systems for humans and being like "yeah poo poo that's dope"

pnac attack posted:

if you're really this stuck on the car analogy let me put it like. nsa control of internet hubs isn't like having a camera out on the road it's like having full camera coverage+control of all the signals+the ability to close roads+patrol cars out for enforcement. it's absolute control over that infrastructure by a central authority whether you call it "centralized" or not

That's not what the Utah data center does though. Nor does the NSA HAVE that ability to shut down the internet. The analogy was just explaining that monitoring something does not make it the infrastructure that allows the thing to happen you don't need to take it literally and as data flows a lot more easily than traffic it's even an analogy that is slanted in your favor.

Sedisp has issued a correction as of 01:36 on Jul 22, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pnac attack posted:

don't think that record has ever been so granular, centralized, or one-sided before

Is that even your own idea? Or is it something Snake told you?

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

So.... a state.... completely dedicated to the survival of the state.

lol

Again are you sure you're not an anarcho-fascist? You seem to keep describing completely terrible systems for humans and being like "yeah poo poo that's dope"

That's not what the Utah data center does though. Nor does the NSA HAVE that ability to shut down the internet. The analogy was just explaining that monitoring something does not make it the infrastructure that allows the thing to happen you don't need to take it literally and as data flows a lot more easily than traffic it's even an analogy that is slanted in your favor.

i'm not actually cause i don't even know what that means. the feds totally can and do shut down comms on people all the drat time, this is common knowledge to anyone who's ever actually bumped up against them but here's some authority for you to appeal to with citations and all that https://epic.org/foia/dhs/internet-kill-switch/

Lib and let die posted:

Is that even your own idea? Or is it something Snake told you?

please don't bring your animes into this

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

i'm not actually cause i don't even know what that means. the feds totally can and do shut down comms on people all the drat time, this is common knowledge to anyone who's ever actually bumped up against them but here's some authority for you to appeal to with citations and all that https://epic.org/foia/dhs/internet-kill-switch/

So we have gone from the central internet hub is in Utah, to well it's sorta the same thing to well they can shut down cell phones.

Seems like you're not really sure what you're talking about.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

So we have gone from the central internet hub is in Utah, to well it's sorta the same thing to well they can shut down cell phones.

Seems like you're not really sure what you're talking about.

"control of the internet and because of that our culture is centralized/held by the rich" is the last thing i remember saying before becoming disoriented by a whirlwind of pedantry and anime refs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to point out that the internet or at least the modern web is pretty centralized and it's because the US government owns and operates the 20 something root DNS servers, of which even stuff like GoogleDNS are just mirrors of. it would be survivable because there are mirrors and stuff but you could probably shut the internet down for at least a little while by just cutting some power in DC

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pnac attack posted:

every system is flawed, i'll have no gods or masters
power always corrupts and more of it works faster
on the brink of collapse and headed for disaster
so put faith in your peers, not the news or a pastor

ur the area crustpunk commune beatboxer who wants to eat nectar more than the rich and you claim to not like anime. curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQ1Y8nPz0Q

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pnac what's your favorite song off of the rock against bush album? if you don't have one then you can pick one off of american idiot

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I want to go back to how damning the 99% of humanity, starting with the least white, is actually anarchism and not baldfaced ecofascism because

because uh

uhhhhhh

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

ur the area crustpunk commune beatboxer who wants to eat nectar more than the rich and you claim to not like anime. curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQ1Y8nPz0Q

you are what you eat

Yossarian-22 posted:

pnac what's your favorite song off of the rock against bush album? if you don't have one then you can pick one off of american idiot

i had to pull up a track list but sink florida sink off vol1 and unity off vol2

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I want to go back to how damning the 99% of humanity, starting with the least white, is actually anarchism and not baldfaced ecofascism because

because uh

uhhhhhh

surely you don't need to make it a race thing just to own me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Umberto Ecofash

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

pnac attack posted:

surely you don't need to make it a race thing just to own me

I wonder if the rich white people living in the global north will die first or the poor brown people in the global south will be the first to die from famine, plague, and climate disaster

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

honest bro I wasn’t trying to be a fascist it

just

keeps

happening

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

look I don’t lust for the death of undesirabnonwhite persons I just list for the conditions that will principally and overwhelmingly result in their deaths

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

look I don’t lust for the death of undesirabnonwhite persons I just list for the conditions that will principally and overwhelmingly result in their deaths

Makin' the mother of all omelettes here, Jack!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Makin' the mother of all omelettes here, Jack!

it’s their fault, when you think about it. the planet just wasn’t meant for billions of people to get to live out my dumbass fantasy of living in a hut in the woods. that’s meant for me. everyone else has to die. sorry fr fr!!! 😢😞😭

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
:whitewater:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

so when un estimates say that we have the capacity to feed tens of billions how does that mesh with your view of the world pnac

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

Nor does the NSA HAVE that ability to shut down the internet

i don't think anyone has the actual ability to shut down the internet. i mean yes there are people would could order the big data lines cut or whatever, but how long could they maintain social order after doing that?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

so when un estimates say that we have the capacity to feed tens of billions how does that mesh with your view of the world pnac

This is an appeal to authority statist and also the best society is bees

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The government could just order isps to redirect all dns traffic to a fake internet if they wanted. They could be doing it now!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

The government could just order isps to redirect all dns traffic to a fake internet if they wanted. They could be doing it now!

i know its the real internet someone bought a boardgame from me from a facebook ad today. i mean i suppose they could be a government agent.....

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Hatebag posted:

mother of god....

*vape pen whirr*

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Just enough to make you think it's real and then bam! A baseball bat to the back of the head. Oldest trick in the book

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

What if the orders to redirect traffic to the fake internet came from the fake government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Why do you think all these companies have been making ai posters? Think!