Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin under sail

Cannibals, or worse: errant poets.

M

I think a certain someone just wanted an excuse to draw a rad gorilla.(TN: 'knas' = 'smash')
TN: 'Aunties': Here in Norway we occasionally refer to the people minding the kindergartens as 'kindergarten-aunts and -uncles'. Thus, 'the other aunties'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mikl posted:

You know what? I ain't even mad. Yes, it's a pronoun joke, but it's not a bad one; and it makes sense that you can't tell a jellyfish's gender by sight. This is something I have to give Holbrook props on.

Even makes sense since certain jellies are a colony of symbiotic organisms.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Speaking of all this hotel talk, let's not forget that Bernice has her own room and mama DeGroot's house rules are lax enough that she can call Jack over to clean her tank filters.
The thin walls work in their favor in terms of not letting things get too far, and anything has to be more comfortable than that giant stone couch so close to the ground that I have no idea what could be going on with their legs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ed really pushing Dustin into having a crisis situation right here.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This just gets worse and worse. This may not be worth posting anymore.

You could stop posting this for several months like what happened with Safe Havens and On The Fasttrack and it would not surprise me to learn that by the time someone took another look at it they'd still be rehashing this.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Hey folks, I’m out-of-town, so posts may be sporadic/non-existent for about a week.

And He Did! (August 3, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (September 11, 1918)

Gay and Her Gang (September 7, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (February 8, 1936)

Mopsy (April 9, 1937)

Up Front (May 22, 1944)

Dark Laughter (October 25, 1947)

Those Were the Days (June 10, 1953)

What.

Wee Pals (October 29, 1965)

Dogbert February 24, 1966

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If I ever saw Everett True coming my way I'd cross the street because you just never know what axe he's gonna grind today

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Bloop posted:

If I ever saw Everett True coming my way I'd cross the street because you just never know what axe he's gonna grind today

The hatchet hiding in his coattails he was grinding to a razor edge for your head.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The Bloop posted:

Everett yells "Is my appearance so offending you must resort to jaywalking? This is a matter of safety and manners!" while beating you unconscious with an umbrella.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

You jest but Everett True predates traffic laws. Careless jaywalking is probably significantly more dangerous for everyone in the Everett True universe and only the social contract keeps people from doing it all the time.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I'll happily take "potentially get hit by a Model T" over "almost assuredly get put in the hospital by Everett True", thank you very much.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This just gets worse and worse. This may not be worth posting anymore.
I think RMMD has been subsumed into an experiment to determine how awful a comic strip can become before it gets canceled.

(Pretty awful, going by the last few years of Apartment 3G.)

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is my favourite joke Holbrook has ever done. I giggled.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

maltesh posted:

No Earthbound telescope can do this. Hubble can't do this, even if the Moon didn't move too swiftly for Hubble to easily track. You'd need a space telescope with an aperture more than a kilometer in size to see those golf balls from Earth.
They'll just give the telescopes a magic genetic potion and voila.

B Kliban

Spoiling this because ... guy tasting a woman?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Some Guy TT posted:

You jest but Everett True predates traffic laws. Careless jaywalking is probably significantly more dangerous for everyone in the Everett True universe and only the social contract keeps people from doing it all the time.

Worth noting, Jaywalking was coined and criminalized by the auto industry lobby as a distraction to stop safety regulations on motor vehicles that could hurt auto sales.

A classist insult to shame people, also.

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/15/7551873/jaywalking-history posted:

This strategy also explains the name that was given to crossing illegally on foot: jaywalking. During this era, the word "jay" meant something like "rube" or "hick" — a person from the sticks, who didn't know how to behave in a city. So pro-auto groups promoted use of the word "jay walker" as someone who didn't know how to walk in a city, threatening public safety.

e;

Kazinsal posted:

I'll happily take "potentially get hit by a Model T" over "almost assuredly get put in the hospital by Everett True", thank you very much.

Bad news, True will be there to strike you while you're down for being a jay who should go back to the country and out of the city.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 22, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set visits the most magical place on Earth.

Working Daze learns the wrong lessons.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix, boomer.

Cul De Sac is a magical world.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Crab Dad posted:

Even makes sense since certain jellies are a colony of symbiotic organisms.

having collected all of the strips from the period we're missing, i hope you specifically enjoy the rest of this week and the next

:getin:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

riderchop posted:

having collected all of the strips from the period we're missing, i hope you specifically enjoy the rest of this week and the next

:getin:

His stuff is just a train wreck I grimace at as I skim through stuff I actually want to read.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Cul De Sac is a magical world.

I like how this one feels a bit like an Almanac strip crossover

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God Bernice is the loving worst.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Get out, Nil! Get out now while you still can!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (December 5, 1933)

Peanuts (July 24, 1974)

Funky WinkerCon

Crankshaft, by Yet Another Old White Guy Who Has No Idea What "Defund The Police" Really Means

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater presents THE BIG REVEAL (that you probably guessed a week ago)! (February 19, 1938)

Out Our Way (January 18-20, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (November 12-14, 1917; spoilered for stereotyping)

The Duck. By Dok. (September 11, 1913 (Never forget (where you put your own drat trap).)

Little Lefty (January 28-30, 1935)

Blondie From Zero (November 27-29, 1930)

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Evil Mastermind posted:

God Bernice is the loving worst.
But they've been kissing! Next thing you know Nil might try to touch this college-age woman's boob, and THEN where would she be?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Presto posted:

But they've been kissing! Next thing you know Nil might try to touch this college-age woman's boob, and THEN where would she be?

First base.

Or is that second?

Certainly not third or a home run.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Presto posted:

She'd be...a ruined woman! :ohdear:

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
don't be so cynical guys, they could be leading into a storyline where Bernice finally confronts her weird hypocritical hang-ups and realizes that kissing and romance isn't actually that big a deal and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha I'm just kidding, that won't happen, can you even imagine

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

sweetguts posted:

don't be so cynical guys, they could be leading into a storyline where Bernice finally confronts her weird hypocritical hang-ups and realizes that kissing and romance isn't actually that big a deal and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha I'm just kidding, that won't happen, can you even imagine

Oh now you've done it.

Bernice unplanned pregnancy arc coming in 3...2...1...

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

But you were the best character. :(

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Nu-MT is still shaky but I'm into the trainwrecks. More of these, less of whatever that car chase was imo.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 22, 2021

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

Worth noting, Jaywalking was coined and criminalized by the auto industry lobby as a distraction to stop safety regulations on motor vehicles that could hurt auto sales.

A classist insult to shame people, also.
In the 20s, and the True strips are still in the 1910s so he'd be more likely to attack the motorist at this point.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman

:allears:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: high school hunting team shenanigans (August 19-25, 2002)

Modern Kevin & Kell

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
:siren: The Minimum Security "Pick Your Poison(ed Ecosystem)" Retrospective :siren:

2007 (June 11-15)

2010 (July 12-16)

Just in case you thought I only saved my own edits...

(Doctor Zero)

(Jervas Dudley)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Gonna be gone for a few days, will pick up when I return.

Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Shadow Dec. 26th, 1940

Axa

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I loved this one when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (November 6, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 6, 1999)

Garfield Classic (November 6, 1989)