Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks everyone, the Etsy tip is especially great, as being in Australia makes shipping from a lot of places especially expensive.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This guy is a goon and a big sweetie. Going to shill for him here if you need individual figures as I know first hand the prices and qc are top shelf.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SigmariteBoutique

I'd drop his forums name but I can't recall.

This guy's line-up is amazing, and his prices are excellent - thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PotatoManJack posted:

Thanks everyone, the Etsy tip is especially great, as being in Australia makes shipping from a lot of places especially expensive.

This guy's line-up is amazing, and his prices are excellent - thanks!

Thx, I'm the guy so feel free to ask me anything.

Also thx for the referral my Mantaco mate.

Oh also use 'GOON10' coupon code, should give you 10% off everything.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Gryph-Hound Orange from the citadel contrast line is fantastic crab color, especially when thinned

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This guy is a goon and a big sweetie. Going to shill for him here if you need individual figures as I know first hand the prices and qc are top shelf.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SigmariteBoutique

I'd drop his forums name but I can't recall.

Goose Minis is another good goon-run shop, this one run by w00tmonger.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
10mm house

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Cthulu Carl posted:

Goose Minis is another good goon-run shop, this one run by w00tmonger.

Grey ghost miniatures is another. Didn't realize sigmarite was also a goon, we're everywhere!

(Also have a GON10 coupon)

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 20, 2021

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Cross-posting from the MCP thread:

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Love to see someone take that blackcat (?) and mod it into a limbo or pole vaulting character.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

KingMob posted:

Cross-posting from the MCP thread:

Dopeness. I love me some painted MCP.

Wrr posted:

Love to see someone take that blackcat (?) and mod it into a limbo or pole vaulting character.

With a Deadpool holding up a low Russian scorecard.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Crosspost:

So I'm building a bunch of Flesh Eaters (Blood Angels successor) and some Lamenters, and I'm trying to decide on a final base color for both.
Opinions?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

this might be blasphemy but I don't really care for 52 Miniatures videos

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Can't be worse than Midwinter lol

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

I'd never heard of this guy but after watching a couple of videos I really like his channel and subscribed.

Thanks for the anti-reccomendation.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Verisimilidude posted:

He's a chill guy, but I find his videos too slow-paced for my liking. And, I've kinda gotten used to most content creators putting ambient music in their videos, so the absence of it tends to highlight the pacing with pockets of pure silence.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'd be up for any channel recommendations. Here's what I've picked up in the past few weeks.

Angel Giraldez
Darren Latham Miniature Painting
EonsOfBattle
Midwinter Minis
Miniac
Ninjon
Rookie Brushes
Squidmar Miniatures
The Painting Coach

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'd be up for any channel recommendations. Here's what I've picked up in the past few weeks.

Angel Giraldez
EonsOfBattle
Midwinter Minis
Miniac
Ninjon
Rookie Brushes
Squidmar Miniatures
The Painting Coach

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuRNH2cb6VwsZbzILptDVIA
Ducan definitely.

Only other hobby account I follow is Pete the Wargamer, but he's more into kitbashing than painting.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDCx2SP6thl7r42CkTdblLA

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goobertown Hobbies

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Adding to the list:

NJM Marco Frisoni

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vince Venturella is the best. If he didn’t have a godawful a/v setup he’d be by far the best.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

tangy yet delightful posted:

Adding to the list:

NJM Marco Frisoni

HELLO GUYS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love him op

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

jesus WEP posted:

I love him op

me too

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks, I'll have to check these out!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Marco Frisoni is truly the best. His videos are very digestible, and his painting techniques focusing on underpainting and transparency has really influenced my own painting style.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Angel Giraldez
EonsOfBattle
Midwinter Minis
Miniac
Ninjon
Rookie Brushes
Squidmar Miniatures
The Painting Coach

Billion Dollar Clown Farm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiI_XuSHu2XuoIzuQY2vV1g

Dana Howl

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI7EmMVCD8A0sZBha1EFg2Q

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'd add Cult of Paint:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI4wJgB2hlWZqz0tRqg4qQ

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Surprised that Sorastro's channel hasn't been listed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?Sorastro?videos

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I like Zorpazorp's Necron videos, and Grimdark Compendium (who lock most of their videos behind a paywall on the Grimdark Compendium website) has started putting up older videos for free on YouTube. He may be patient zero for All Streaking Grime All The Time, though.

Additionally, I am a big fan of Lil' Legend Studios' patreon. He has a YouTube channel but very few painting tutorials on it -- they're mostly paywalled -- but I'd say the few he has are worth it.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

jesus WEP posted:

Vince Venturella is the best. If he didn’t have a godawful a/v setup he’d be by far the best.

This, also Juan Hidalgo.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

Marco Frisoni is truly the best. His videos are very digestible, and his painting techniques focusing on underpainting and transparency has really influenced my own painting style.

This reminds me I want to paint something soon using his "en grisaille" video techniques.

Also at some point in my endless list of various hobby things to do in various hobbies, I want to sub to Craftworld Studios patreon for a bit and try out their stuff (they do a fair bit of underpainting if I understand it correctly).

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Marco approaches everything with a traditional art background which makes me feel less silly about learning colour theory and pigment properties to paint toy soldiers

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It’s a tiny channel but sonic sledgehammer studios is great for new people, with no frills ‘get models on the table, that still look alright’-style painting. His genestealer cult kill team one was particularly helpful I thought, but several of his marine ones are good as well. His method is almost always something like base coat, drybrush, wash, some detail (optional ‘more detail’), which I found really useful to see when I was starting out painting after a long break.

I actually really like watching amazing painters use oil paints to create cool nmm effects via alcohol rubbing, getting fantastic blends via 8 layers and two different brushes and whatnot, but I have too many models/armies to paint to spend that much time, except extremely rarely on fancy characters. I need my toys done so I can play with them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Eej posted:

Marco approaches everything with a traditional art background which makes me feel less silly about learning colour theory and pigment properties to paint toy soldiers

:same:

Marco is good at getting me to think about colour theory, texture, and contrast. Vincey V has the ultimate "troubleshooting" painting playlist that covers just about any topic you can imagine.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Air brushing takes a bit of work to get the kinks out but hot drat I can't argue with the results

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/PXWoJRu.mp4

:allears:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

edge highlights are hard

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Adding to the YouTube channels, Richard Gray is a legendary Golden Demon winning painter.

He's started putting content online. There's not much but it's amazing.

He has a very relaxing way of describing what he's doing and the minimal paint he uses over black prime coats is just magical:

https://www.youtube.com/user/demonrich/videos

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Finished this (free!) 3D print of Gabriel Angelos by Artel W. I decided to have my buddy make him a smidge bigger than normal because he's the Chapter Master (and a cool dude). Also threw a fun little wink to the Very Not Heretical™ rumours about the Blood Ravens history on the base

Also had a second print done at 54ish mm as a display piece, but that one's only been base coated at this point.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Oh wow, do you have a link to that? I've been eyeing the FW Gabriel for a while, but I kinda hate his face. Or, I guess more accurately, his whole head. his hairline makes his head look weirdly elongated, from the pictures.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Desfore posted:

Oh wow, do you have a link to that? I've been eyeing the FW Gabriel for a while, but I kinda hate his face. Or, I guess more accurately, his whole head. his hairline makes his head look weirdly elongated, from the pictures.

Yeah, I painted the FW one awhile ago and his head/face is weirdly janky. This was the link I used:

https://spikeybits.com/2020/01/artel-w-miniatures-rolls-out-oop-sculpts-for-free-download.html

Angelos is, appropriately, named Chapter Master in that bundle