Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It was incredibly subtle but when Andrade started to cut his promo "WHAT?" chants were starting and he instantly changed his cadence to throw them off and kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I still can’t believe we get to watch Nick Gage wrestle Chris Jericho next week, god bless AEW

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

drunk on sports because the Timbers won and kept drinking when I got home

legit screamed at MDK

few mins later a neighbor checked on me and I lied about catching something on fire on my gas stove

“Sorry neighbor got too excited about seeing a convicted felon with a pizza cutter on TNT”

MDK HOLY poo poo

BIB BICEPS TONY GOTTA BE LAST IN LINE FOR THE BILLIONAIRE GUILLOTINE BECAUSE HE IS GETTING YOOTS AND MDK PAID

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm watching Dynamite right now..... NICK loving GAGE!?!?!?! :supaburn:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

the escape goat posted:

“Sorry neighbor got too excited about seeing a convicted felon with a pizza cutter on TNT”

Thread title

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY loving poo poo THAT MAIN EVENT AAAAAAAAAAAA :stonk:

HELL YES LANCE ARCHER EVERYBODY DIESSSSSSSSSSS :woop:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

I'm watching Dynamite right now..... NICK loving GAGE!?!?!?! :supaburn:

NICK loving GAGE

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

HOLY loving poo poo THAT MAIN EVENT AAAAAAAAAAAA :stonk:

HELL YES LANCE ARCHER EVERYBODY DIESSSSSSSSSSS :woop:

Here’s a scoop for you: pro wrestling is good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WAIT, BRYAN DANIELSON SIGNED??? WHAT THE gently caress

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rarity posted:

WAIT, BRYAN DANIELSON SIGNED??? WHAT THE gently caress

ALLEGEDLY

but the guy whos claiming it has sources apparently and SRS from fightful is backing it up

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
What a show. Was there tonight, totally lost my poo poo at Nick Gage. A lot of the crowd seemed to not know Gage, but you could see pockets of people losing their poo poo, which is basically what happened near me, where me and someone in the row behind me were both losing our poo poo and screaming MDK while you could hear like 3 people asking "who is that?".

That "fan" who got used as a weapon during Mox/Archer had been sticking out like a sore thumb to me all night, just, like, the wrong vibes or something, they seemed out of place somehow, and then all was revealed when that spot came up. Also, that cane that Archer uses on the floor that kinda explodes, a shard of that thing flew like 30-40 feet in the air and went a bunch of rows back into crowd on the floor, someone in the crowd managed to catch that shard out of the air like a foul ball at a baseball game.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I get that deathmatches are hard for some people to watch, and it's easy to dismiss them as mere spectacle for the sake of spectacle.

You're not wrong but then that is honestly a good description of all good pro wrestling if we step back and think on it.

Gage has such a great presence, an aura of a star that has a unique relationship with his fans and it's going to rule seeing him kill Jericho

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder how TNT is going to feel about a stadium full of people chanting NICK FUCKIN GAGE.

They tried to tone down the Cowboy poo poo chants before so I can’t imagine they’ll love it.

I also want to hear Justin Roberts do his entire GCW introduction for similar reasons.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Lance Archer rules, Sting rules, Death Triangle rules, MDK all day

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
from last page abotu the touring, imo the only thing weird is them going back to daily's so soon.

quote:

P&P vs FTR press conference. OK, cool. Santana shows some photos. This is an odd segment.

I thought so too? i dont know if theres a longer version on their youtube or something, but it seems so oddly split up and disjointed?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fun show. Baker vs. Rose was messy but dramatic, and that IWGP match was just superb. I loved Mox being undone by his own barbed wire panel, ironic in a way. And yeah this is a great win for Archer.

I am not familiar with any of Nick Gage's work but I know he's got a lot of fans and a lot of people were clearly thrilled he was there so it should be a fun time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

Here’s a scoop for you: pro wrestling is good

Lol look at this fake rear end scoopster right here :jerkbag:

The real hot goss is this: pro wrestling is great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wrestling is so good again

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Lol look at this fake rear end scoopster right here :jerkbag:

The real hot goss is this: pro wrestling is great

Are you the #1 gossgal too?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm going to make it sound simpler than it is when I say this but AEW are doing two things that WWE has forgotten how to do, or forgotten how to do in tandem.

They're putting on good shows.

AND

They're giving you reasons to tune in next time.

I once heard a promoter (I think it was on one of the Art of Wrestling podcasts) say that the objective of any wrestling show is to get you to buy tickets to the next wrestling show. You can do that by having cool matches and doing cool stuff, put those are the means to the end of getting people to come back. And one of the ways you get people to come back is to tell them about all the cool poo poo you're doing next week.

And the really sad thing is that WWE can't do that any more. "Tune in next week where you can see, uh, all the matches from this week again but in a different order, I guess."

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It could be incredibly simple to do but they literally can’t advertise anything for next week because no one knows what’s going to happen until like two hours before the show starts

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Guys, Jim Ross is going to be calling a Nick Gage match. I know JR isn’t what he was but that is absolutely wild to me

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

a cyborg mug posted:

It could be incredibly simple to do but they literally can’t advertise anything for next week because no one knows what’s going to happen until like two hours before the show starts

Or in the case of RAW, two hours after the show starts.

Makes me think of an indecisive painter who keeps adding more and more pigment to his palette to try and get the right shade, but without making a single mark on the canvas. Problem is when you do that, the colour you end up with is poo poo brown.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress that main event :stare:

What a great goddamn show. Also greatly enjoyed the perfectly symmetrical violence between Sting and OC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ok I need to hear Tony say MDK

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PAC grunting loudly into the mic before his promo was unreal

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I want to see Nick Gage maul a Cornette fan when they jump the barricade

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PAC grunting loudly into the mic before his promo was unreal

I genuinely thought it was a part of their theme. Such a strange noise.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Are you the #1 gossgal too?

No that's obviously Kristin Bell :worship:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I genuinely thought it was a part of their theme. Such a strange noise.

please do not denigrate an goblins challenge call they have a very proud culture

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Already talked about most of the awesome stuff from Dynamite but also I loved the hell out of that Andrade/Death Triangle segment. Please please please let all of Death Triangle stay healthy long enough to see this story through :pray:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The best thing about them bringing Chavo in is that you just quietly accept that one day several months from now he's going to horribly betray Andrade because that's what Chavo does.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blade looked really good last night

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

The best thing about them bringing Chavo in is that you just quietly accept that one day several months from now he's going to horribly betray Andrade because that's what Chavo does.

I think we also need to acknowledge how quickly they realised Andrade with Vickie wasn't working and found an alternative

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

great great ep, nice to see Archer FINALLY get some shine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, Archer totally deserved that win. He's been putting in top work ever since he signed and deserves more than just the Kane spot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the big red belt and the big red murderhawk, what a fresh combo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

A minor criticism. I guess I just don't understand why Fyter Fest is two weeks, followed immediately by Fight for the Fallen for two years in a row.

It's because Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen were both first-year PPVs, before AEW PPVs moved to the 4-per-year format (Revolution, Double or Nothing, All Out, Full Gear). Before Dynamite started in October 2019, adding a couple extra PPV specials in June and July was all they could do to keep interest intact during summer 2019. Now that they have a weekly show, those two are now midsummer TV specials with the same names in lieu of a full summer PPV.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

give me special eps all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had no idea what Penta said (well, until Abrahantes filled us in) but goddamn I love the way he said it. PAC is always ready to kill because he takes people existing personally. Fenix is always ready to kill because it lets him show off his incredible skills. Penta is always ready to kill because he's really good at it and loves his work.