Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Ship Graveyard now having tar zombies REALLY brings something to the table that was missing before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

thehandtruck posted:

let he who has good takes cast the first threadban

free rutibex u loving ghouls

if you wanna read rutibex and dnc post about poe ask about it in the unpopular video game opinions thread, they're always helpfully informing the masses about the game in there

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
I want to try some skeleton reaper build but I have no idea how to scale a bleed minion beyond generic minion damage. I guess I can always switch to some other summoner if it turns out Reaper sucks.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Hm.
Having an actually hard time to conjure up a 6-link for Boneshatter.
Since Tidebreaker has Endurance on Stun, i have
Boneshatter - Melee phys - brutality - pulverize - shockwave - ?
Fist of War for double damage every 2 seconds?
Chance to bleed for the flat phys
Ancestral Call for +2 strike Targets?

boneshatter - melee phys - bruality - fortify - (lifetap or multistrike) - (maim or ancestral call)

I'm not 100% against shockwave and it does occasionally get used in faster hitting skills, but I don't think this is the right case for it. It wouldn't get benefits from trauma because it's an entirely separate attack. Pulverise doesn't affect the strike damage component, so it's out. Ideally you won't need ancestral call if you get tribal fury and/or eventually +strike on gloves but you could use it until then. Some of those damage boosts aren't great but that's this league's theme.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lol

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I was planning on giving Vortex Occultist a shot in this league and I'm sort of scrambling a bit here; any chance there's a guide you recommend for this? I've found a few things googling but I don't trust myself to tell the bad from the good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only thing that changed with that build is you may have to keep faster attacks support in your main links for a long time

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

euphronius posted:

The only thing that changed with that build is you may have to keep faster attacks support in your main links for a long time

Unless something has changed, GGG hosed up the nerf and you don't even need that.

You can test it by self-casting Blade Flurry: when you see the lil circle/oval thing above your head, you're at max stacks. Now you know what you're looking for. Even with not enough attack speed, you generals still get the symbol above their head before they expire.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

thehandtruck posted:

let he who has good takes cast the first threadban

free rutibex u loving ghouls

I used to feel like the thread was too hard on Rutibex too, then someone pointed out his mile long rap sheet and specifically him not too long ago defending fascism, so yeah, gently caress him.

"Either you're trolling or so deeply stupid you shouldn't post anymore." sums him up well enough.

In PoE talk I feel like Minion Guardian and any type of Raider would be in my top picks for best ascendancy classes this league just for QoL things like onslaught/curse reduction/easy ailment immunity access

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Krolm posted:

It doesn't take a whole lot to fix AW, just "weapons persist between zone transfers" like literally every other minion that exists. I don't know why they haven't made that the case, it must be some spaghetti code thing. That's all it takes, numbers-wise it's fine.

Curious to see how this new league will unfold, but I'm looking forward to playing :shrug:

remember when it took them years to make spectres persist after logging out

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

remember when it took them years to make spectres persist after logging out

I'd rather not, thanks

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I think this one was expanded on in some reddit thread, I think - I remember a clarification being posted that it was 2 monsters for 1 charge acts 6-10, and 4 monsters for 1 charge in maps. I might remember wrong, but I think that's what they said.

That would be a 50% decrease in acts 6-10 and another 50% decrease in maps. Currently, (from the wiki) normal monsters give 1, magic monsters give 3.5, rare monsters give 6, and unique monsters give 11. So 6-10 would yield .5, 1.75, 3, and 5.5 while maps would have .25, .85'ish, 1.5, and 2.75. You'll just be using your flasks a handful of times per map. If it's fully juiced, you might have a few more uses, but you're probably going to need them a lot more often anyways.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In PoE talk I feel like Minion Guardian and any type of Raider would be in my top picks for best ascendancy classes this league just for QoL things like onslaught/curse reduction/easy ailment immunity access

I've also seen a build that stacks golems with Elementalist for "35% per golem chance to avoid ailments" ascendancy. Would that also be worth considering?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so how are you supposed to go into darkness in delve when you can't heal on demand and you can't go fast on demand

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

similar to the lord jesus christ himself, regeneration is always there for you. chieftains and juggernauts can lumber around in the darkness for a very long time. also raiders are still very fast

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

I've also seen a build that stacks golems with Elementalist for "35% per golem chance to avoid ailments" ascendancy. Would that also be worth considering?

Elementalist is losing ailment immunity in 3.15.

Jazerus posted:

so how are you supposed to go into darkness in delve when you can't heal on demand and you can't go fast on demand

Maybe don't blindly mash your flasks? :shrug:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Jazerus posted:

I'm willing to bet they didn't consider the increase in darkness strength wrt nerfs on player move speed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you're ever getting frustrated with dying in this game, make a juggernaut. it's like a cool dab of aloe on a chapped rear end

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Maybe don't blindly mash your flasks? :shrug:

i wonder why people have been saying this thread's tone is really lovely???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pokchu posted:

Unless something has changed, GGG hosed up the nerf and you don't even need that.

You can test it by self-casting Blade Flurry: when you see the lil circle/oval thing above your head, you're at max stacks. Now you know what you're looking for. Even with not enough attack speed, you generals still get the symbol above their head before they expire.

I just was referring to the fact that there is an AS malus on melee phys support now

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

relying on flasks to heal or grant phasing in delve is just not a good habit, consider this patch ripping the band-aid off. If a build doesn't have the regen, stick to only doing the obvious side tracks in the frozen or fiery zones and stock up on flares

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

simply be good at the game and you'll see that none of the changes in this patch could possibly have unintended consequences wrt past league content

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jazerus posted:

simply be good at the game and you'll see that none of the changes in this patch could possibly have unintended consequences wrt past league content

hey man I'm just trying to help, it is what it is

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Jazerus posted:

i wonder why people have been saying this thread's tone is really lovely???

You're asking a question that sounds more like a complaint, about something that isn't really true in the first place, and then you're complaining about tone when one person gives you a flippant but pretty harmless response. My own response was valid and didn't even get into the "no, actually" stuff, so you're at least 1 for 2.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

hey man I'm just trying to help, it is what it is

no i appreciate it, that was a genuine answer that illustrates exactly the point i was making: delve is now going to be pretty unplayable for a bunch of builds that could do it before, even if it was in a "dangerous", "bad habit" kind of way. i wonder what other past leagues will similarly be build-limited, and how soon the community will realize that choosing a build also involves choosing what set of content you want to be accessible

search engine posted:

You're asking a question that sounds more like a complaint, about something that isn't really true in the first place, and then you're complaining about tone when one person gives you a flippant but pretty harmless response. My own response was valid and didn't even get into the "no, actually" stuff, so you're at least 1 for 2.

look, i'm going to level with you: i am bad at poe. it draws on a skillset that i'm really bad at, which is precise movement and positioning in the context of an isometric ARPG. my question was an actual question because i am not good, and genuinely had no idea how delve was going to be survivable going forward. i don't generally play juggs or raiders or these other ascendancies mentioned in the context of surviving delve so i'm not super-familiar with their toolkits

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 22, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What level of delve are you talking about ?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jazerus posted:

no i appreciate it, that was a genuine answer that illustrates exactly the point i was making: delve is now going to be pretty unplayable for a bunch of builds that could do it before, even if it was in a "dangerous", "bad habit" kind of way. i wonder what other past leagues will similarly be build-limited, and how soon the community will realize that choosing a build also involves choosing what set of content you want to be accessible

look, i'm going to level with you: i am bad at poe. it draws on a skillset that i'm really bad at, which is precise movement and positioning in the context of an isometric ARPG. my question was an actual question because i am not good, and genuinely had no idea how delve was going to be survivable going forward.
no this is all about increasing build variety you see, everyone should just choose between 2 classes instead

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Flattening build balance *may* increase build options (imo the meta chasers are gonna chase the meta no matter what, but you can at least argue for this), but increasing the difficulty of the game is in direct opposition of this goal and this patch is dramatically tilted towards difficulty increases over build normalization compared to every previous patch I've seen.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Jazerus posted:

look, i'm going to level with you: i am bad at poe. it draws on a skillset that i'm really bad at, which is precise movement and positioning in the context of an isometric ARPG. my question was an actual question because i am not good, and genuinely had no idea how delve was going to be survivable going forward. i don't generally play juggs or raiders or these other ascendancies mentioned in the context of surviving delve so i'm not super-familiar with their toolkits

At the moment every other person is screaming about the sky falling and doing dumb overwrought takes like

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

no this is all about increasing build variety you see, everyone should just choose between 2 classes instead

so you were unjustly lumped into that category. High end delving has always leaned toward a few ascendancies like raider and pathfinder, but I'm really burned here, somehow. Anyway:

Flasks aren't so nerfed that you can't still use them to zip into dark areas and/or heal your way back out on any generic build. You can still roll a quicksilver flask with 2 uses that will make you go significantly faster, and life flasks are still fine or maybe slightly better. Max speed delving mostly ignores flares and just tries to barrel through, but you can still move quite fast by investing a bit in flares and dropping one occasionally. Treat them as waypoints, not something you have to constantly deploy. Run in until your health really starts tanking, throw one down. They stop burning duration if you get them a couple of screens away, so you can often re-visit the same ones on the way out of an area to stretch your supply.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

pokchu posted:

Didn't they change this in 3.14 so that the generals only channel for 0.6 seconds? You're going to need more attack speed to get them to 10aps to reach max blade flurry stages.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

Didn't they change this in 3.14 so that the generals only channel for 0.6 seconds? You're going to need more attack speed to get them to 10aps to reach max blade flurry stages.

No you do not need to worry about attack speed at all, at least for the zerker version

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'll ask the same question as a previous goon: how do you scale bleeding for reaper? I've also never done a bleed build.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Alright then that explains a lot

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

interrodactyl posted:

They say they did but either they hosed up the nerf, or zerker attack speed is calculated in a non obvious way that reaches that threshold

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

poemdexter posted:

I'll ask the same question as a previous goon: how do you scale bleeding for reaper? I've also never done a bleed build.
i presumed the lack of any answer for scaling minion bleeding was that there wasn't any

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i presumed the lack of any answer for scaling minion bleeding was that there wasn't any

Reaper is labeled physical if that matters? No idea.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

poemdexter posted:

You use all the bleed relevant gems and that's it really. Minion damage is generic so that'll scale it but it doesn't have much support elsewhere so you can't really do anything cool like give your minions crimson dance or bleed explosions, etc. Probably not worth pursuing tbh, just use normal phys minion gems or convert to elemental with triad's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

poemdexter posted:

I'm thinking in my head you'd definitely want some source of getting the target to move. Knockback support on a skill other than reaper? Or go bow. Reaper mentions it's AoE slashes so, for six link maybe something like Reaper melee phys minion dmg pulverize brutality swift affliction.

No idea how you'd get any kind of DoT multiplier though.

Edit: could use Necromantic Aegis and this random shield from Ritual. Maybe swap some supports to power charge on crit and then critical ailments?

External Organs fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 22, 2021