Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
4th labor of Jericho should be MJF telling him it’s the final countdown to the end . . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jericho should just have to win a battle royal for one of the labors. First man in, last man out kind of thing

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Fourth week challenge should be for Jericho to go to Sturgis Bike Week and try and persuade people to get vaccinated.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Lance Archer as a transitional champ to get the NJPW US title on Kenny?

Or Mox being pulled in for some high profile matches in NJPW, maybe a big G1 run? Maybe winning it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Next challenge is just a baffled MJF going,"What? I didn't make any more.... it was Nick Gage for God's sake!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The next challenges are obviously going to be Mirror Jericho, then Goro, and finally Shang Tsung.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

On rewatch, it's fair to admit Spears / Jericho was better than I originally thought.

I'm still thinking about MDK, Death Triangle, Bullet Club, and Lance Archer the next day like it was a PPV or something. But no, it was just an episode of TV.

Insane to think how fun AEW is right now even without the two rumored new deals.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Punk and Bryan fans should start watching now to beat the rush.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving hell i'm mulling driving up to goddamn queens for a day from maryland just for the possibility of bryan

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope Jericho's trials continue to get progressively weirder

1. Shawn Spears
2. Nick Gage
3. Lance Storm
4. Triple H
5. A time-traveled Chris Jericho from 2000

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Mr. Squishy posted:

Punk and Bryan fans should start watching now to beat the rush.

this is me.

my first Dynamite is months. I enjoyed it. Easy enough to follow, though my word there's a lot of stables/groups to try and follow. MJF remains the best heel I've heard or seen in years. Main event was a bit much for me, I just don't go for blood and guts and such, but I am glad others enjoyed it.

Probably will be tuning in next week. Good work, dirt sheets!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Angelico should team with Hikuleo for a match do he can do the dance to the GoD theme.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The 5 trials should have been one of those multi-layered final bosses from the SNES Final Fantasy games like Kefka.

Also I didn't notice in the recap til now but Miro was wearing a Bloodsport jacket? I'm absolutely buying that show if/when it happens. Bloodsport in general is always rock solid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Crapple! posted:

The 5 trials should have been one of those multi-layered final bosses from the SNES Final Fantasy games like Kefka.

Also I didn't notice in the recap til now but Miro was wearing a Bloodsport jacket? I'm absolutely buying that show if/when it happens. Bloodsport in general is always rock solid.

Be very sad when the Redeemer beats Chris Dickinson to death

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Be very sad when the Redeemer beats Chris Dickinson to death

This is the exact matchup I was thinking of. It would be amazing to watch but yes, rip to Chris Dickinson

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
What a show! I loving love wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, Miro might be able to bring his hot wife to that show

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The show ruled so much. We live pretty far away so we ducked out before the main event of Elevation and really wanted to get home by midnight since we both had to work this morning. I will echo that this arena has the worst concessions in history and that I ended up missing most of Dark just trying to get some food. If they come back to this arena again hard recommend to just getting there as early as possible so you dont wait an eternity for a bottle of water.

WWE has preconditioned us to people getting beat in their home town so it was so nice to see Archer win gold in Dallas. Just an awesome show live front to back. Also Hikuleo is loving huge. I didn't realize how big he is but drat.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Kaz got done dirty. The Elite Hunter gimmick was the first time I've been invested in him since AEW started but the gimmick seemingly just got sacrificed to the Hangman angle. Where does he even go from here? Finding a new tag team partner to go up against Gallows and Anderson?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That show would be an all-timer just for the main event, wow what a freaking match and great to see Archer win a big match like that.

When Nick Gage showed up my phone blew up; this is one hell of a way to capitalize on the success of Dark Side of the Ring. Basically every one of those texts was some variation of "Jericho's dead" or "holy poo poo Jericho dies next week" or from my Dad "he is crazy 4 real".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

onefunkynote posted:

What a show! I loving love wrestling.

:yeah:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Saul Goode posted:

Kaz got done dirty. The Elite Hunter gimmick was the first time I've been invested in him since AEW started but the gimmick seemingly just got sacrificed to the Hangman angle. Where does he even go from here? Finding a new tag team partner to go up against Gallows and Anderson?

Yeah the crowd didn't really seem into it and we sorta figured out real quick that it was just a vessel to further that angle. I don't even get it. You've got an entire stable in the DO. Why not just do like Reynolds or Colt vs Gallows if you wanna sacrifice a warm body for the sake of the angle? It makes much more sense. Still a great match though.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I thought it would be cool if they set up a match between Kaz and either Gallows or Anderson before the Hangman/Kenny match where if Kaz won, the Good Brothers would be banned from ringside. I guess they still could do something good with the Elite Hunter story but yeah I wouldn't have had him lose here

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

AEW is turning into someone's game of Firepro where it's totally feasible to have Chris Jericho vs Nick Gage and the winner faces Daniel Bryan, and then maybe this Krang from Ninja Turtles I downloaded

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's going to be a call back to WCW. He's told he has to wrestle Dean Malenko, but when the square, "Dean" rips off his face to reveal Ciclope!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Saul Goode posted:

He wasn’t remember from the board or anything, I imagine he pops up to dispatch Cutler during the main event next week. The only downside of the current composition of the Elite is they don’t have an obvious mid-tier singles guy for him to pair off with established in the group.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lance Storm isn't even that big a stretch, I could see Lance do a couple of appearances for them and do a submission match or something with Chris

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Gaz-L posted:

Lance Storm isn't even that big a stretch, I could see Lance do a couple of appearances for them and do a submission match or something with Chris

Would not be shocked if Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm was Jericho’s retirement match, ending it all as he began, he’d love the poetry of that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
MJF is going to make Jericho watch Raw. Live.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think it's a testament to how well AEW is booked that you can take someone who's kinda floundering like Lance Archer and immediately reestablish him as a top guy in literally two weeks. Also Lance totally deserved that, the guy's great and has been a real trooper.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

On his first night? I’d set the line at 2.5.

Jericho really deserve credit for how his face sold Nick Gage.just pure “.what did I get my self into.”

Yeah, it was a total Triple H making GBS threads his pants because of Cactus Jack moment. Top grade stuff. Also the Jericho/Spears match itself was much better than it had any right to be.

Saul Goode posted:

I mean, Gallows had outside help and it's not like he has to stop going after The Elite just because he lost one match. Could just be a catalyst for him to get even more maniacal about taking them down.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

This should strengthen his resolve to use increasingly more guerilla tactics. That singles match was the equivalent of a small rebel force meeting the opponent in an open field with an honorable battle - don't be a dummy, Kaz.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

MJF is going to make Jericho watch Raw. Live.

wouldn't get past TNT S&P, too hosed up

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

SonicRulez posted:

I hope Jericho's trials continue to get progressively weirder

5. A time-traveled Chris Jericho from 2000

they signed ethan page, they have the technology to do this

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Kaz goes to Sting for advice on how to become a vigilante facing increasingly hostile odds?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Lance not only had the benefit of winning the IWGP US title, but he also beat Moxley to do it. That's huge for him. Hasn't only Omega ever beaten Mox in singles competition in AEW?

Edit: He's also the only guy to do it clean, if you count winning a hardcore deathmatch by stabbing a guy with a fork and throwing him through 2 tables "clean". I mean, it's within the rules.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crapple! posted:

Lance not only had the benefit of winning the IWGP US title, but he also beat Moxley to do it. That's huge for him. Hasn't only Omega ever beaten Mox in singles competition in AEW?

Edit: He's also the only guy to do it clean, if you count winning a hardcore deathmatch by stabbing a guy with a fork and throwing him through 2 tables "clean". I mean, it's within the rules.

yeah just kenny in AEW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My only complaint is that shawn spears should have had access to more chairs. What did he use, two distinct chairs? Pathetic.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

The trans rights Cameo and Dark Side of the Ring episode are pretty much all I've seen of Nick Gage and I'm stoked.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Saul Goode posted:

I'm the biggest bullet club Mark on the forums and even I felt like something was off about the ending. I kept expecting someone to come in and help him but then he just got pulled into the Shaq dimension or whatever. Really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m very into the implication that Andrade’s going to have to have a tag team that “works for him” now that the Lucha Bros have turned him down and he’s gone and gotten himself in a trios match with Death Triangle. Absent a debut of someone like Rush/Ryu Lee, I wouldn’t hate them getting weird with it and trading out TH2’s neon for suits.