Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Scrubbed through the thread and am surprised no one posted the follow up Bodyslam is running to their “Danielson is signed” tweet:

https://twitter.com/casshooole/status/1418010575582412802?s=21

Assuming plans stick and the whole thing isn’t bullshit: Arthur Ashe Stadium

For what it's worth, SRS can't confirm it himself, but he implied Cassidy is credible on this.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1417998507244466184

KungFu Grip posted:

from last page abotu the touring, imo the only thing weird is them going back to daily's so soon.

I thought so too? i dont know if theres a longer version on their youtube or something, but it seems so oddly split up and disjointed?

It was so weird. Santana is cutting this great impassioned promo and they just instantly cut to FTR cutting their promo and Santana is sitting down.

HidaO-Win posted:

Lance Archer as a transitional champ to get the NJPW US title on Kenny?

Or Mox being pulled in for some high profile matches in NJPW, maybe a big G1 run? Maybe winning it?

I think he's just gonna drop it back to Mox at Resurgence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I think I just got Floor 3rd row seats for the Cincinnati show, which is awesome, But I cannot find a good seating chart to see exactly where that is....still Excited!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’m very into the implication that Andrade’s going to have to have a tag team that “works for him” now that the Lucha Bros have turned him down and he’s gone and gotten himself in a trios match with Death Triangle. Absent a debut of someone like Rush/Ryu Lee, I wouldn’t hate them getting weird with it and trading out TH2’s neon for suits.

Don't joke about Death Triangle vs Los Ingobernables

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I need to watch this DSOTR episode with Gage, but they're not available to watch in the UK. Sad!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’m very into the implication that Andrade’s going to have to have a tag team that “works for him” now that the Lucha Bros have turned him down and he’s gone and gotten himself in a trios match with Death Triangle. Absent a debut of someone like Rush/Ryu Lee, I wouldn’t hate them getting weird with it and trading out TH2’s neon for suits.

Better yet, neon suits.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also the Jericho/Spears match itself was much better than it had any right to be.

Much like the OC/Blade match, it told a very clear and simple story that both guys could pull off. Jericho matches are slower than the AEW standard, but different match speeds are a good thing and he still has good ring psychology.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

I need to watch this DSOTR episode with Gage, but they're not available to watch in the UK. Sad!

They were up on Now/ Sky for ages

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

HidaO-Win posted:

Would not be shocked if Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm was Jericho’s retirement match, ending it all as he began, he’d love the poetry of that.

To Jericho’s credit, he has been fairly generous about putting new stars over and I’d be surprised if he didn’t do it for his retirement match.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Where's Jack Evans been recently? Haven't seen him with HFO in a few weeks?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dacap posted:

To Jericho’s credit, he has been fairly generous about putting new stars over and I’d be surprised if he didn’t do it for his retirement match.

It's gonna be this. When he does his retirement angle though I wouldn't be shocked to see one last Thrillseekers match though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

My only complaint is that shawn spears should have had access to more chairs. What did he use, two distinct chairs? Pathetic.

Not gonna be impressed until he beats someone with a Barkalounger

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Murder

Death

Kluck

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Gaz-L posted:

They were up on Now/ Sky for ages

Series 3? OH MY!

edit: just checked, no there. boo.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

You can use a US VPN on the Vice TV website and watch the episodes using the free trial option. One trial is only good for 30 minutes, but they give you a few of them so you can continue watching just fine. It's a bit finicky but works well enough if you don't want to resort to :filez:.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CombineThresher posted:

Much like the OC/Blade match, it told a very clear and simple story that both guys could pull off. Jericho matches are slower than the AEW standard, but different match speeds are a good thing and he still has good ring psychology.

Also, not to forget, Jericho did a loving top rope Frankensteiner and let me tell you that at that moment ol' man Chris made me mark our like a goddamn idiot.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

According to Jack Evans' Twitter he's alternately been injured and then just not thinking he's good enough right now for the main show. That is Jack doesn't think he's good enough, not AEW

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

blunt posted:

Where's Jack Evans been recently? Haven't seen him with HFO in a few weeks?

He was at the last Jacksonville tapings, so he's only been off for a month. I've not heard anything about him being injured or anything like that. I don't think he lives in the US, so he may be taking a few weeks off to be with his family.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The third trial of jericho will be Kevin Owens

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

god what a good show

so much exciting stuff going on at once. nick gage was one of the bigger shocks I've seen in a while, next week is going to be insane. And if Danielson really does sign, we are heading to A) one of the biggest pops in history and B) SO MANY Dream matches

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

KungFu Grip posted:

from last page abotu the touring, imo the only thing weird is them going back to daily's so soon.

I thought so too? i dont know if theres a longer version on their youtube or something, but it seems so oddly split up and disjointed?

Probably couldn’t find a city that had an appropriate venue they also wanted to travel to

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81fht2

Holla atcha boy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sir Tonk posted:

The third trial of jericho will be Kevin Owens

I'm sad that this isn't going to happen now :smith:

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

MJeff posted:

For what it's worth, SRS can't confirm it himself, but he implied Cassidy is credible on this.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1417998507244466184

Third-hand from reddit too but I guess on WOR Dave said that while he's not heard it's a done deal yet, there's definitely something to the report. AEW's relationship with New Japan seems to indeed be a major factor in Danielson's decision.

E: and that the Arthur Ashe stadium show is on the table for a debut.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m more excited to see Danielson in NJPW than AEW and I’m pretty excited about seeing him in AEW

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm certain that dragons are cool and all but

MDK
MDK
MDK
MDK

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also, not to forget, Jericho did a loving top rope Frankensteiner and let me tell you that at that moment ol' man Chris made me mark our like a goddamn idiot.

Yeah, that blew me away because it was basically picture perfect. Was not expecting that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Envisioned posted:

Third-hand from reddit too but I guess on WOR Dave said that while he's not heard it's a done deal yet, there's definitely something to the report. AEW's relationship with New Japan seems to indeed be a major factor in Danielson's decision.

E: and that the Arthur Ashe stadium show is on the table for a debut.

The clip's on youtube, if you want to listen to yourself. It's amazing, to answer question "are these guys coming to AEW?" Dave tells you how CMLL fired a huge star of theirs because they worked a PWG show which also featured a few guys from AAA.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Is David Benoit still wrestling? I could see Jericho doing something for him on his way out.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, that blew me away because it was basically picture perfect. Was not expecting that.

Whatever else Shawn Spears has been at AEW he was always a good hand.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Jericho seemed to take the criticism of his appearance and cardio to heart and has been in much better shape in the last 8-10 months. He doesn't gas as easily and his ring work has improved as a result. I don't dread seeing him wrestle anymore.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Akileese posted:

I don't dread seeing him wrestle anymore.
I still wince when he goes for the lionsault, but that has less to do with Jericho than it does with the move in general. Hayabusa's accident is hard to forget. :gonk:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Kaz taking on the Elite alone and losing is a parallel to Hangman's story. it's showing what could happen to Hangman if he doesn't fully embrace the camaraderie of the people around him and tries to go at it alone. made complete sense to not beat the Elite the week before the Big Friendship Match

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrade has the biggest brass balls ever to attempt to go against 3 of the most beloved crowd favorites at once, and without his own posse (he already got Ciero Miedo'd) but I have faith this will be the display of skill that really boosts his stock.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
I have tickets to the NYC show and have begun making peace with God, as I will ascend to a higher plane when PNP win the titles and Danielson debuts. Wrestling rocks!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr. Squishy posted:

The clip's on youtube, if you want to listen to yourself. It's amazing, to answer question "are these guys coming to AEW?" Dave tells you how CMLL fired a huge star of theirs because they worked a PWG show which also featured a few guys from AAA.

Sometimes I just love these two's powerful "dumb and dumber" energy. Like. They're not dumb, but they're not remotely on the same page a lot of times

"Rumors of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, Dave. What's going on that we know of?"
"Oh, gosh, well. Where do you wanna start?"
"Well, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bard Maddox posted:

Kaz taking on the Elite alone and losing is a parallel to Hangman's story. it's showing what could happen to Hangman if he doesn't fully embrace the camaraderie of the people around him and tries to go at it alone. made complete sense to not beat the Elite the week before the Big Friendship Match

Kind of interesting if Kaz brings in Bryan Danielson as a partner, and we begin to see the Elite taking attacks from all sides, with Hangman and The Dark Order on the other side

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

kdrudy posted:

Is David Benoit still wrestling? I could see Jericho doing something for him on his way out.

Is he even wrestling anywhere? My understanding was that he was doing some training with Nattie and Tyson Kidd but I got the feeling that most people were just kind of humouring him out of pity and that he didn’t really have any prospect of making it anywhere. Especially because he doesn’t want to drop the Benoit name and he looks a lot like his dad.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I appreciate Meltzer not knowing what to call Bryan and referring to him at one point as Daniel Bryan Danielson

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want to see Nick Gage and Eddie Kingston share screentime

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rarity posted:

I want to see Nick Gage and Eddie Kingston share screentime

Not sure the world is ready for that much realness in one room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I haven't watched Lucha Underground but do any of Fenix/Penta/Chavo have history from there they could play into? Or were they kept apart in LU?