Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Foreverial Garfedup and Scoobytized and loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Nosfereefer posted:

did anybody say entrepretainer yet?

Dammit, be careful! If it leaks out it'll spread everywhere!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm pretty sure I actually predicted that he would do this but I can't believe he actually did it:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Picturing Nathen in some darkened warehouse peeling off Garfield labels and slapping Scoob labels onto thousands of lasagnas.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh hey, there's an article linked at the bottom of the email that reads like a 3rd grade book report.

https://news.yahoo.com/farm-table-ages-nathen-mazri-072518519.html?guccounter=1 

quote:

Farm To Table For All Ages: How Nathen Mazri Is Transforming The Food Industry
Agencies
Fri, July 16, 2021, 3:25 AM·3 min read

Attaching a cartoon character onto a brand may signal unhealthy or unclean food, but Scooby Doo Eats, under their owner Nathen Mazri, is here to break that stigma. With their certified clean labeled food, Scooby Doo Eats brings farm to plate to a whole new level. There are no preservatives in the food that they produce, and no tempered ingredients. With burgers sourced from heritage farmers, the produce is raised without any antibiotics. This means that the cows that the beef patties are coming from are pasture raised, with 400% more vitamins and a 30% increase in Omega-3 and Omega-6. Anyone who is choosing the delicious burgers from Scooby Doo Eats can rest assuredly and know that there are no steroids, hormones, and that the livestock is fed solely grass from birth to end of life. These delicious, clean, and healthy patties are sure to leave you and your family satisfied.

Commitment to the Environment

Social responsibility by corporations and companies is on the forefront of many issues tackled by society today. Scooby Doo Eats is committed to implementing safe and sustainable practices on their farms. Whether it be talking about it in a video, or using sustainable techniques, there is always a theme of social and environmental responsibility. One practice that sets them apart from other meat distributors is their usage of regenerative farming.

Artisan Farms are located in Canada and they were founded by the Nolan Family. Since they use regenerative farming, their farms have increased biodiversity, which means there are a wider variety of plant and animal species that are able to flourish on their land. Not only is there more wildlife and a better ecosystem, but regenerative farming brings about water cycle improvement. By helping water and aiding in the cycle process, Scooby Doo Eats and its associated farms are serving the environment and all those who live near the farms. Since sustainability is clearly their forte, it makes sense that these heritage farmers would not use slaughter techniques and care about animal welfare. Through these safe and sustainable, animal friendly practices Scooby Doo Eats is environmentally sound and sustainably delicious. This ensures a worry-free meal to anyone wanting to stay away from unclean or irresponsibly harvested food.

Contributing to Awareness

Not only is Scooby Doo Eats committed to their farming practices, they are contributing to the awareness of individuals as well. Trying to create a healthier, more sustainable society is different for everyone. Recently, Mazri and his company donated funds for a documentary to be made that was all about regenerative agriculture. Directed by Vampire Diaries Star Ian Somerhalder, “Kiss the Ground” was created to capture the attention of the general public. By making charitable contributions to this film, it is evident that Mazri and his team are undoubtedly dedicated to alerting everyone as to what is and is not a sustainable form of farming.

...there's a documentary :q:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Frank Frank posted:

Oh hey, there's an article linked at the bottom of the email that reads like a 3rd grade book report.

https://news.yahoo.com/farm-table-ages-nathen-mazri-072518519.html?guccounter=1%A0

...there's a documentary :q:

unsold indeed

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nothing says Scooby Doo like freezer-burnt lasagnas

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

I'm pretty sure I actually predicted that he would do this but I can't believe he actually did it:

If he's stuck selling the exact same food forever then he should just brand it with his own name and image instead of a revolving door of dead cartoon franchises. Just picture it, "Nathen Mazri Big Cow Lasagne" with his rictus-like face on the packaging.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Nobody loving wants to eat Big Cow anything. It's a terrible name

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Yeah that's the crazy part right? Since he was just slapping new labels on old lasagnas, he could have taken the opportunity to rename it "Scooby Snacks Lasagna" or literally anything other than "BIG COW".

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah that's the crazy part right? Since he was just slapping new labels on old lasagnas, he could have taken the opportunity to rename it "Scooby Snacks Lasagna" or literally anything other than "BIG COW".

I highly doubt he can afford access to the term scooby snack.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

If he's stuck selling the exact same food forever then he should just brand it with his own name and image instead of a revolving door of dead cartoon franchises. Just picture it, "Nathen Mazri Big Cow Lasagne" with his rictus-like face on the packaging.

I'd unironically buy one of these if I wasn't in the US

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'd unironically buy one of these if I wasn't in the US

Yeah me too, I can eat bad expensive lasagna once, just because.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Someone needs to do a side by side review of this vs Costco frozen lasagna

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

I'm almost certain Nathen has entered into a terrible name-based agreement about branding all his cartoon lasagnas with "Big Cow", based on the actual lasagna manufacturer's request

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
How many cartoons can he get to before he finally runs out of Garfield Eats' leftovers?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I'm almost certain Nathen has entered into a terrible name-based agreement about branding all his cartoon lasagnas with "Big Cow", based on the actual lasagna manufacturer's request

You are?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Oh these crazy humons, they love to eat cows, here is some cows for you to eat! Nice and big, yum yum! Now why am I not instantly an earth dollar billionaire?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I, for one, do not want my lasagna beef coming from small cows. Only the very biggest cows are worthy.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Nathan if you're reading this make Big Cowabunga farm to table teenage mutant turtles eats pizzas you coward

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'll have the Garfield's head pizza with ground cow intestine toppings, please

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

great big cardboard tube posted:

Nathan if you're reading this make Big Cowabunga farm to table teenage mutant turtles eats pizzas you coward

That makes way too much sense.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

No sane man would slap Big Cow on he own lasagna

(serious answer: I am guessing he's sourcing these frozen meals from a place that already churns them out, then packing them in his own branding, and not actually developing proprietary frozen lasagna recipes for his cartoon restaurant, so maybe? He DID put effort into his Arbuckle sauce, after all)

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

My secret theory is that he was trying for a Simpsons 'Don't Have a Cow!' licensing deal and trademarked the name before realizing that he was entirely up his own rear end, and now he's trying to spin his cow-based property to recoup

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I'll have the Garfield's head pizza with ground cow intestine toppings, please

Certainly sir! Would you like orange sauce? Of course you would!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's a shame that Nathen is cowtowing to Big Cow. SMDH

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It really is just delightful that the "random hot sauce that, technically, is from Scooby Doo" makes a cameo on the packaging. I mean, I am sure the logic is that now rather than being Garfield's personal orange secretions that the orange lasagna goo is now "Flame 'n' Fortune," but still

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i just remembered that the orange garfaccino had literal orange peels in it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
He truly is transforming the food industry

Just not in the way he thinks he is

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lieutenant Dan posted:

No sane man would slap Big Cow on he own lasagna

Nathen isn't sane. It's entirely possible he came up with the big cow lasagna himself, trademarked it, hired a place to churn them out, and now he's stuck rebranding it like Pizza Pockets doing promotional tie-ins with different cartoons. Even if he didn't have the rights to any cartoon characters he could probably still sell those frozen lasagnas on their own if he simply labeled them as Big Cow Lasagna without anything else on the package.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Say it with me: Big. Cow. Lasagna.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Is it a big lasagna made from cows or is it a lasagna made from big cows?? Either way, sounds delicious!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He gazed up at the enormous Scoob. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden behind the panting tongue. O cruel, needless GMOs! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the farm2plate! Two beef-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over Garfield. He loved Big Cow Lasagna.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Say it with me: Big. Cow. Lasagna.

Jikes!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Is it a big lasagna made from cows or is it a lasagna made from big cows?? Either way, sounds delicious!

It's a big lasagna made by cows.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Xaintrailles posted:

It's a big lasagna made by cows.

By cows, for cows

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

What's the name of that cartoon that has one character who's a walking talking pizza slice, and one who's a cup? That would be some on point branding.

I read a review of GarfieldEATS somewhere online a while ago where the reviewer claimed the ice in theIr package mostly melted in transit and the food was part thawed. They said they ate it anyway and were not impressed.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BigBadSteve posted:

...and were not impressed.

Meanwhile a goon would be all "It's perfectly fine because I'm an adult who doesn't take life too seriously namaste"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Nathen isn't sane. It's entirely possible he came up with the big cow lasagna himself, trademarked it, hired a place to churn them out, and now he's stuck rebranding it like Pizza Pockets doing promotional tie-ins with different cartoons. Even if he didn't have the rights to any cartoon characters he could probably still sell those frozen lasagnas on their own if he simply labeled them as Big Cow Lasagna without anything else on the package.

The problem is nobody would buy frozen lasagna unless there’s a popular cartoon character on it, that’s Marketing 101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

BigBadSteve posted:

What's the name of that cartoon that has one character who's a walking talking pizza slice, and one who's a cup? That would be some on point branding.

Uncle Grandpa and/or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?