Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Look, he’s gotta differentiate himself from Aquaman somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Someone please explain the tapeworm line

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone please explain the tapeworm line

He boned an alien in the same issue he calls readheads icky
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/namor/4005-1476/forums/tapewormed-657112/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

8one6 posted:

He boned an alien in the same issue he calls readheads icky
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/namor/4005-1476/forums/tapewormed-657112/

I have to say, if I knew I'd been assigned Greg Land as the artist on my book, I'd do something similar just to make him look at the source picture. Trace that, you gently caress.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I just started watching and it's narrated by Tom Hiddleston :allears:, so a must watch if you wanna gush on the man's charisma.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Well, what do you know, there actually was another episode! :haw:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i probably posted this here before but i really want a kang multiversal war show ala loki. all main characters are just kang played by majors, let him run wild.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

a Loving Dog posted:

i probably posted this here before but i really want a kang multiversal war show ala loki. all main characters are just kang played by majors, let him run wild.

Who would they cast to play Immortus, Iron Lad, and the Scarlet Centurion?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Majors in makeup, Majors digitally de-aged, and any random person from a BDSM club, respectively

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

Yup "It has an actor named Emma WATSON in it, it Must be a secret Sherlock episode!!" like how do you not know who Emma Watson is? The crossover between Sherlock and Harry Potter must be a circle.

Apple Tree Yard actually does not have Emma Watson in it. It has Emily Watson in it - who is a completely different person.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Tom Hiddleston really loves playing Loki, it makes me so happy to hear him talk about it.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Everyone posted:

Apple Tree Yard actually does not have Emma Watson in it. It has Emily Watson in it - who is a completely different person.

Clearly Emily Watson is an Emma Watson variant, and Apple Tree Yard was immediately pruned.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hiddleston and Owen Wilson get on so well, it’s fantastic. :allears:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Did y'all want more Tom Hiddleston?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMoSTMw_L1o

My kid loves this book.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

twistedmentat posted:

Why does Hope look like she's about to gently caress Namor? Oh wait Greg Land.

I mean, that’s what the scene is about, so I can’t really blame him for drawing her as thirsty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God I’m looking forward to seeing more Jonathan Majors.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Since some others and I were wondering: Loki didn't use the Volume like the Mandalorian. It was just standard MCU CGI.

I haven't watched the whole Assembled thing yet but I'll note if there's anything else interesting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Just finished Loki and I thought it was very mediocre, despite great production values, right up until the last episode, which was just great all around.

So 5 lukewarm episodes and one on fire, is my final score

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Why does Hope look like she's about to gently caress Namor? Oh wait Greg Land.
I mean, Land is Very Bad, but the dialogue supports the idea that she does in fact want some Imperious Sex. (Namor's response to the ab line is actually really funny)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Isn't Namor Marvel's horniest character?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is Namor the water guy?

Is he more Aquaman or The Deep?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

God I’m looking forward to seeing more Jonathan Majors.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

swickles posted:

Isn't Namor Marvel's horniest character?

Hope is a teenager (last I read), and Namor is all about the MILFs.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Who would they cast to play Immortus, Iron Lad, and the Scarlet Centurion?

Consensus seems to be that we’ve already met Immortus, but the rest could be interesting.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
New She-Hulk casting news.

Not a ton of information about it, though.

quote:

According to Deadline, Josh Segarra from DC's Arrow has been cast in an undisclosed role for Marvel's upcoming Disney+ series She-Hulk.

Segarra, who played Adrian Chase/Prometheus in the Arrow series, joins the likes of Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany as Jennifer Walters, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk, Jameela Jamil as Marvel villain Titania, and Hamilton's Renee Elise Goldsberry as a character reportedly named Amelia.

In addition, 2008's The Incredible Hulk's Abomination played by Tim Roth is also confirmed to appear in the series and was recently seen in the trailer for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barreft posted:

Is Namor the water guy?

Is he more Aquaman or The Deep?

He's the Shape of Water.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This was a lot of fun. I still need a 400-page art book of all the costuming and sets, though.

Plus, Wally is a real emotional support alligator. OMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAH9AR31S_E

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Jet Jaguar posted:

This was a lot of fun. I still need a 400-page art book of all the costuming and sets, though.

Plus, Wally is a real emotional support alligator. OMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAH9AR31S_E

gently caress a Loki art book would rock!

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

8one6 posted:

gently caress a Loki art book would rock!

I read that wrong for a sec there.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Variant Loki that's an artbook? Well, it's the multiverse of madness after all.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

a Loving Dog posted:

Raimi's signature smash cut style montage of different universes, each of the climax of different MCU movies and each with a Kangified version of the main character.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Tom Hiddleston can be charming and the most company rear end company man you've ever seen.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Some more details on 'What If'

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

apatheticman posted:

Tom Hiddleston can be charming and the most company rear end company man you've ever seen.

I don't think I've ever seen him in a non Marvel movie but Tom H. gives me "I'm actually a serious actor, this is child's play acting" vibes, he's probably real good in uhhh Hamlet or whatever

I loved Richard Grant's appearance too, he looked like he was both having fun and doing some ACTING

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I don't think I've ever seen him in a non Marvel movie but Tom H. gives me "I'm actually a serious actor, this is child's play acting" vibes, he's probably real good in uhhh Hamlet or whatever

He does like to do a lot of theater from what I remember.

Loki is like this character he fell in love with (dude became a Loki comicbook nerd if you were wondering).

PS. Watch Crimson Peak. Is a 100% gothic ghost love story.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I accidentally watched Dante’s Peak.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gonz posted:

I accidentally watched Dante’s Peak.

Now go watch Volcano to relive 1997's Hollywood volcano movie battle.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Desperado Bones posted:

He does like to do a lot of theater from what I remember.

Loki is like this character he fell in love with (dude became a Loki comicbook nerd if you were wondering).

PS. Watch Crimson Peak. Is a 100% gothic ghost love story.

Crimson Peak has been on my watchlist forever, I'll queue that up next :cheers:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The main non-Marvel movie I remember him in is High-Rise, which is interesting since it feels like "Oh, neat topical dystopian movie with a retro 1970s setting" but then you find out it's an adaptation of a 1970s novel that was just in development hell for 40 years with the same director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The night manager was a decent fun miniseries