Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15++ Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot + Season Pass (LV 300 Beerus Defeated, LV 300 Golden Frieza Defeated, LV 115 Dabura Defeated)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My wife has played a videogame twice in the five years ive known her. Once when I left her playing FFXV while I went to the store. I came back and she was doing the same thing she was when I left: running a chocobo around in circles while laughing maniacally. The other time she made a house on my Animal crossing island then shook every tree in town before passing out from exhaustion. Noob to the core.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mamkute posted:

15++ Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot + Season Pass (LV 300 Beerus Defeated, LV 300 Golden Frieza Defeated, LV 115 Dabura Defeated)

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't even begin to fathom the power levels of a Level 300 Beerus.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

now imagine this: goku, except his power level is over 9000

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dragon Quest IV

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Imagine Level 300 Beerus vs Level 20 Atrocitus.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Subnautica: Below Zero - Platinum Trophy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Dragon Quest IV

Hell, I just beat this too… did the extra dungeon and boss and got the true ending. The sprites/animation for the final bosses ftw.

Can’t stop thinking about Dragon Quest, might jump right into 6 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell, I just beat this too… did the extra dungeon and boss and got the true ending. The sprites/animation for the final bosses ftw.

Can’t stop thinking about Dragon Quest, might jump right into 6 lol

Chow main and foo yung ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Chow main and foo yung ftw

Getting through the weird rear end bonus dungeon to find two dudes arguing about chickens and eggs was pretty funny

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Since mid March:

5. RE: Revelations
6. RE5
7. RE1 Remake
8. Code Veronica X HD
9. Diablo 2 LoD (paladin and sorc in SP)
10. Outland

Was running through all the RE games I never played or haven't played in 10+ years before starting RE8 but got sucked into D2 again lol.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Google Doodle Champion Island Games (all trophies)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Cubone posted:

Google Doodle Champion Island Games (all trophies)

lol same and all sports + secret ones as well natch

skateboarding was lame, marathon and mountain climbing were actually a bit challenging. fun game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hmm, might need to give it another run. i started on rugby and got so bored halfway through i turned it off (just like watching rugby)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

beat Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow last night for maybe the 6th or 7th time, it’s always been one of my go-to relaxation games to play in short coffee break bursts.

Might start Portrait of Ruin next or just skip to Order of Ecclesia

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ranger X (genesis) it would have been a 1cc except i have no idea what the trick to the final boss was and just dropped a million shots into them while they drained my health

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Legend of Zelda - 2nd quest swordless

Way easier overall due to earlier wand/bomb upgrades + only one forced wizrobe fight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

9) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (13 hearts/Green Armor/Master Sword)

The hardest part about this was just that you have to spin attack to even hit Ganon but it's never been a super hard game regardless of what you're doing. It was fun to revisit, it's been a while. Probably gonna start up LBW after this but I'm gonna take that one slow.

welcome posted:

The Legend of Zelda - 2nd quest swordless

Way easier overall due to earlier wand/bomb upgrades + only one forced wizrobe fight.

Yeah it's so much easier to get going than first quest. First quest just has some nightmare rooms in L5 and L6 and there's still a ton of wizzrobes even after you finally get the wand

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Sub-Actuality posted:

beat Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow last night for maybe the 6th or 7th time, it’s always been one of my go-to relaxation games to play in short coffee break bursts.

Might start Portrait of Ruin next or just skip to Order of Ecclesia

Love these, castlevania DS ftw but never was able to get a copy of OoE when it came out and now they’re like $100 on eBay. How is it compared to the other 2?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

Love these, castlevania DS ftw but never was able to get a copy of OoE when it came out and now they’re like $100 on eBay. How is it compared to the other 2?

I think most people consider it the best one, it’s really good but for some reason Dawn of Sorrow is still my favorite of the 3. I think it’s because it’s such a basic grindy format, can kind of switch my brain off entirely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need to get back to Order. I think I’ll hit it up after DQ6

Sub-Actuality posted:

I think most people consider it the best one, it’s really good but for some reason Dawn of Sorrow is still my favorite of the 3. I think it’s because it’s such a basic grindy format, can kind of switch my brain off entirely

I think Dawn is my favorite too. Julius mode kicks rear end in it too

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I too love the poo poo out of Dawn. Order is the most different of the three, and for me my least favorite; its combat system heavily favors - and demands, considering the boss HP - button mashing, and I hate that.

You can build around that, and it's an excellent game, but I just can't get into it that much. You gotta try it for yourself, you might love it!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It doesn't favor button mashing as much as it requires you to use boss weaknesses if you don't want to spend forever on the bosses. If an enemy flashes red to an attack they're weak to it and if they flash blue they resist it. Even so you can for sure dodge well enough to kill nearly any boss with any glyph, some will just take a lot longer. There's even a minor reward for no-hitting bosses. You get the ability to quick swap glyphs pretty early on (immediately on hard mode) and it's a much bigger part of the game than others where you typically just stick with your strongest weapon.

You certainly can button mash like crazy if you want to use the rapier or secare for the whole game but most other glyphs, especially magic ones, require you to alternate x and y with a little more timing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Limbo - 99%

Played this years ago on Playstation but don't remember much about it other than the general gameplay. It was on Game Pass so I decided to revisit it. Oozes style of course but I also really enjoy the simple yet challenging puzzle setup, and found all of the secrets on my own. Didn't expect to unlock a whole new challenge area so that was really cool. The only cheevo left is for beating the entire game with less than 6 deaths which is something I'm interested in doing but it's gonna take a little bit of practice to learn.

I doubt this game isn't on anyone's radar but doing the optional side challenge stuff really adds a lot to the game so I'm glad I went for it this time.

3 hours - 8/10

American McGay fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 31, 2021

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

requires you to use boss weaknesses [...] some will just take a lot longer.
That was my main issue, actually. There's a few bosses especially early game where the best strategy is obviously "glyph it's weak to on Y, same glyph on X, alternate mash like your life depends on it", and it's either hurt my fingers like that or choose a strategy that takes three times as long, and I'll gently caress up at some point.

As I said, very much a me problem and I 100% recommend trying the game out to see if it's not a problem for you at all. I wish I could enjoy it more.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Final Fantasy V

Insanely good, easily my favourite final fantasy game that I've beaten. There was so much I walked away from this loving, but especially the crazy jobs and the enemy sprites.

FF5 > FF1 > FF3 > FF4 > FF2

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

FFV is so loving good, I've beaten it like 15 times

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Just Cause 4. A palate cleanser between actual games.

I’d say it’s less fun than 3 but still lots of random lols at how chaotic it can be. Side content isn’t worth doing and Rico will sometimes do…not what you want. Still, I have a soft spot for these and will probably play the next one and the one after.

Disco Elysium next

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mamkute posted:

If you've been beaten LV 300 Beerus, why even bother mentioning Dabura, who is weaker by many magnitudes?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Final Fantasy V

Insanely good, easily my favourite final fantasy game that I've beaten. There was so much I walked away from this loving, but especially the crazy jobs and the enemy sprites.

FF5 > FF1 > FF3 > FF4 > FF2

my dude. buckle up, shits about to get real

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

my dude. buckle up, shits about to get real

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

net cafe scandal posted:

If you've been beaten LV 300 Beerus, why even bother mentioning Dabura, who is weaker by many magnitudes?

Dabura is the strongest opponent in the Future Trunks DLC, and the version of Future Trunks there is considered a separate character from the main story. Because of this, Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks does not have access to god water and therefore, it would not be reasonable to expect the player to level him up to the point where he can match the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta from the Great Power Awakens DLC.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mamkute posted:

Dabura is the strongest opponent in the Future Trunks DLC, and the version of Future Trunks there is considered a separate character from the main story. Because of this, Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks does not have access to god water and therefore, it would not be reasonable to expect the player to level him up to the point where he can match the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta from the Great Power Awakens DLC.

thank you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the explanation. I hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

:oh:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mamkute posted:

been saying this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mamkute posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

27. Killer is Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Thank you, Mamkute.