Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Bryan has never been great on the mic anyway. He's got immense physical presence but you might say when it comes to talking he's a B+ player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

Edit: Yeah ill open a page with this idgaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Danielson has always been the endearing, realistic, down to earth guy who speaks from the heart. Like Cody Rhodes but a lot more humble.

As far as Punk talking circles around the AEW roster, sure if they put him against Jungle Boy. AEW has some of the best promos in the business right now and a lot of them have already worked with Punk before.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Punk gave the same promo for like a decade so of course he's going to be good at it after a while

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible mic workers like... let me see here... Chris Jericho, Tully Blanchard, MJF... hmmm. I don't now, fellas. He might not be onto something here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Lets get out of Nick Gage territory and into a new kind of bad take

https://twitter.com/lyssaajimenez/status/1418375232700567553

Yes, because AEW isn't known for its talkers.

People who don't watch the show and just go off of the "flippy midget spot monkey" poo poo don't know that AEW quietly became, predominately, a talking and angles promotion during the pandemic.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dawgstar posted:

Terrible mic workers like... let me see here... Chris Jericho, Tully Blanchard, MJF... hmmm. I don't now, fellas. He might not be onto something here.
God could you imagine CM Punk having a feud against Eddie Kingston, Mox, or Jericho? They've literally never interacted before

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Punk gave the same promo for like a decade so of course he's going to be good at it after a while

I'm quoting this as a bad take.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

People who don't watch the show and just go off of the "flippy midget spot monkey" poo poo don't know that AEW quietly became, predominately, a talking and angles promotion during the pandemic.

The thing that (partially, at least) stops them from realizing that is that people in AEW aren't cutting loving 20 minute promos.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

I'm quoting this as a bad take.

Oh thats right he dressed up like Jeff Hardy that one time

Edit: also I thought this was the AEW thread and I'm apparently lost and also scared

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 23, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SmarkAngry/status/1418374527289946117

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i dont think that guy even likes wrestling i think he just hates wrestling fans

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
“ you can prove anything with facts”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

What is with these guys and their universally bizarre syntax?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

cant get over trying to square the stuff this person retweets with their takes on nick gage

like how are you ostensibly leftist but want to lump in a man who was struggling with addiction and facing homelessness, robbed a bank with a note and then served 5 years to literal murderers, racist war criminals and sexual predators all of whom faced zero consequences.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's pretty easy if you're a hypocrite, which a lot of leftists unfortunately are.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 23, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

It's pretty easy if you're a hypocrite, which a lot of leftists unfortunately are.

It's more that people on both sides (I know, that's not what I'm saying here, shh) don't really evaluate or examine their own beliefs beyond a superficial, surface level. Which is how you get cognitive dissonance like this guy clearly has.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

Wrestling fans, more so from the AEW side have no clue what subtlety is.

It was done right on Monday night. Charlotte wore her Cruella inspired jacket, to put over Nikki A.S.H. a villain was defeated by a superhero. That's what you call subtle and foreshadowing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

... Putting a person in a literal superhero costume and having them beat someone dressed as a Disney villain is subtle. Okay. You know, some of these just make me wonder if I'm the crazy one.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

If Daniel Bryan convinced his wife to quit her show, stunting her income, as well as his sister in law’s, and made this big production about how he told his father in law at talent relations that he wanted to be an involved dad just to sign a contract to go on the road with a rival company so he can work in Japan, he’s kind of a selfish prick. Go where you want, that’s the joy of competition, but some of the rumours sound like he screwed over his wife, sister in law, and lied to his father in law’s face so he could try to kill himself for “creative fulfillment.”Related: he’s 100% gonna end up like Randy the Ram, but I’ve thought that for years.

Next few weeks are going to be amazing for this thread

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wait. Who is his father in law? Bella dad works for WWE?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

John Laurinitus is their step father

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Step father in law is John Laurenitis.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

John Laurinaitis is Bella mom husband

Also lmao @ that post, jesus.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I'm loving all of the "robble robble so much for loyalty!" takes as if WWE didn't just fire a shitload of people during a global pandemic while still making record profits.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Watching the diehards switch on Bryan in real time is fascinating :allears:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

These people, when asked how the WWE became a national promotion, probably would tell you with a straight face “because they took wrestling out of smoky bingo halls and American Legion buildings!” despite, well, recorded history

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsABhere/status/1418420691263623174

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I mean, he's not wrong about people getting weird over Ben Carter

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Rarity posted:

I mean, he's not wrong about people getting weird over Ben Carter
Yes and no: I don't remember people turning on him so much as being confused given the platform AEW was willing to give him without a contract. And then his visa situation was explained and they chilled out.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Lets get out of Nick Gage territory and into a new kind of bad take

https://twitter.com/lyssaajimenez/status/1418375232700567553

Yes, because AEW isn't known for its talkers.

I like the implication that the only possible purpose of a promo is to bury your opponent, truly powerful WWE brain at work here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

davidbix posted:

Yes and no: I don't remember people turning on him so much as being confused given the platform AEW was willing to give him without a contract. And then his visa situation was explained and they chilled out.

Some people chilled out but there's been peeps on this very forum dunking on him even months later

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Some people chilled out but there's been peeps on this very forum dunking on him even months later

I reserve the right to dunk on anyone who willingly signs with WWE regardless of the circumstances or if I genuinely understand the choice (like with Ben) and not you or no one can stop me :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1418445758945136642

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I believe this is what the kids call ”having a normal one”

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
July 23 2021 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single pro wrestler, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Daniel Bryan was rumored to have signed with AEW tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. He tore away my ability to respect anything, and he tore away my ability to feel human

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Us WWE fans have been with you from the beginning.

The beginning.

WWE fans.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Fickle

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

“I am very sad that you are leaving, except when you were fired for choking Justin Roberts because the Mattel contract is very important”

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Daniel Bryan (reportedly) signed with AEW. And I don't know how to feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

davidbix posted:

He took the best option at the time and for some reason, nobody's getting cut from NXT UK :shrug: