Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Really weird opening ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

femcastra posted:

Clear message, don't watch the Olympics play video games instead.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

femcastra posted:

Weird piques my interest slightly but I can't see myself actually tuning in unless they roll out a giant mutant Tetsuo screaming KANEDAAAAAAAAAA

E: got my anime names mixed up :sweatdrop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

femcastra posted:

"People dying to covid is sad. But what's even more sad is dead Olympians. Anyway here's an interpretive dance of Olympians being murdered in Munich"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

Are Roy and HG doing anything this year?

ABC podcast

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What was that little stop-motion series The Comedy Channel did for the Olympics in, I want to say, 2000? 2004? Around that time I think. Just a little aussie couple sitting on the couch and ripping on the events of the day. Those were great :allears:.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Meskhenet posted:

WTF ive been trying to get my first dose there for weeks.....

I've been there multiple times since vaccines became available and I have never seen it busy. I always notice because they hijacked the cancer care car park for the vaccination clinic.

I do know that their original allocation was only 1000 doses, which would barely have covered staff.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Lolie posted:

If you're waiting for your second dose of Pfizer, you need to know about this

"we're following medical advice, ATAGI are really hamstringing us!"

"oh yeah also gently caress ATAGIs advice, take whatever vaccines are available at whatever timing suits me politically at this point in time"

gently caress this government and this cursed earth.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

DumbparameciuM posted:

"we're following medical advice, ATAGI are really hamstringing us!"

"oh yeah also gently caress ATAGIs advice, take whatever vaccines are available at whatever timing suits me politically at this point in time"

gently caress this government and this cursed earth.

They're not entirely wrong about the need to move away from some of the existing advice given the circumstances, but they're terrible at explaining it and they're constantly setting up adversarial situations.

We also cannot vaccinate our way out of this outbreak. Even if other states were willing to give us their vaccines, it's still nowhere near enough doses and we don't have the infrastructure right now to ramp up delivery quickly (although that is something with which other states could help).

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I got autoprobated by Twitter for 12 hours for telling Sussan Ley to die slow and alone and it's worth every second.

Lolie posted:

They're not entirely wrong about the need to move away from some of the existing advice given the circumstances, but they're terrible at explaining it and they're constantly setting up adversarial situations.

We also cannot vaccinate our way out of this outbreak. Even if other states were willing to give us their vaccines, it's still nowhere near enough doses and we don't have the infrastructure right now to ramp up delivery quickly (although that is something with which other states could help).

My bitching is more directed at both hiding behind and also blaming ATAGI for their own major gently caress ups.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Guardian is reporting that NSW will be given an additional 150,000;doses of Pfizer from the national stockpile.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

DumbparameciuM posted:

My bitching is more directed at both hiding behind and also blaming ATAGI for their own major gently caress ups.

Scotty : the PM not responsible for anything.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
was going to make a torch lighting joke but fell asleep like a 9 year old

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Gladys won't be at today's presser so we have to put up with Hazzard.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

LOCK THE loving STATE DOWN

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

163 cases
45 out in the community.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Raged posted:

Burn it all down and start again.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Raged posted:

At least 45 were infectious in the community.

Almost 94,000 tests, which is more than NSW can process in a timely fashion.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Listen to this loving sook crying that other states won't give them their vaccines

gently caress off oval office

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Raged posted:

Listen to this loving sook crying that other states won't give them their vaccines

gently caress off oval office

Someone loving punch him.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Guardian reporting 73 were in isolation throughout their infectious period, so actully 90 were infectious in the community.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This could affect the rest of the country.

Motherfucker it has because NSW has been poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I'd like to remind other states that we hosed up real bad, and now we need help. Why aren't you helping us? Guys? ...Guys?"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He’s not wrong IMO. We need help and other states have vaccines that could save lives here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickParasite posted:

Guardian reporting 73 were in isolation throughout their infectious period, so actully 90 were infectious in the community.

well why not posted:

He’s not wrong IMO. We need help and other states have vaccines that could save lives here.

Even if we had every man, woman, and child get their preferred vaccines tomorrow it's still not going to stop this current outbreak.

It does absolutely decrease the risk those individuals would face if they caught covid, but it's not going to do anything to stop the spread.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

well why not posted:

People in other states are waiting for vaccines.

Best way to prevent an outbreak is to have your population vaccinated. Once there is an outbreak it isn't going to do poo poo, Not enough doses and idiots don't want it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's clearly only one solution

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the vaccines should be given to those most at risk and the risk is highest in the west of Sydney

this situation is dogshit front to back. We should’ve all had the shot 6 months ago.

Covid shows up every six months to ruin our lives. It’s not ok

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

We need to buy as much Pfizer as we can from overseas. Sydney being shut down is costing 1 billion dollars a week so we should be willing to spend at least that on vaccines.

The other states could face their own outbreaks at any time. Interrupting their own vaccine rollouts is high risk. I understand why it's a risk they're not willing to take.

It's worrying how openly adversarial this is becoming.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yep agreed. When I say he’s not wrong I don’t mean to say that other states should drop everything to prop up NSW. He’s right we need help from an external source, be that overseas or federal or interstate

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

He can have my vaccine oh wait it doesn't fucken exist yet.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

kill the rich harvest their vaccine, level up with AZ/PF, medium roll and link the flame at Bondi icebergs.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
When it comes down to it Gladbags Gold Standard is entirely to blame. If NSW locked down like every other state did when they got a delta case no one would be in lockdown.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
LOL Scotty is lying again

No extra doses are coming to NSW

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Airstream Driver posted:

He can have my vaccine oh wait it doesn't fucken exist yet.

:same:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

yep agreed. When I say he’s not wrong I don’t mean to say that other states should drop everything to prop up NSW. He’s right we need help from an external source, be that overseas or federal or interstate

It's infuriating that they can't get someone with the ability to communicate clearly and simply to front these pressers. Every day people just get more confused by what's being said at the press conferences.

"163 cases is still a tiny proportion of the population". Jesus wept. That is not what you say when you're dealing with a national emergency.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 24, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This wouldn’t have happened under Rudd or Turnbull or even loving Abbott.

Or at least not nearly as hosed.

State of emergency means ausgbs no political discussion rule is suspended

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

There's a consistent pattern here, daily, of more than half the cases in nsw being infectious out in the community.

Hazzard's out there telling people that Dan Andrews is in no place to give anyone advice because he's not managing NSW, at the same time demanding that the other states give up their vaccines.

NSW is going to give up against the disease, isn't it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

NSW and SA both have anti-lockdown protests today

One of those is going to be a super spreader event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

tithin posted:

There's a consistent pattern here, daily, of more than half the cases in nsw being infectious out in the community.

Hazzard's out there telling people that Dan Andrews is in no place to give anyone advice because he's not managing NSW, at the same time demanding that the other states give up their vaccines.

NSW is going to give up against the disease, isn't it.

I'm in one of the 5 named LGAs.

One of the huge problems is that the workers in my LGA and the others are extremely likely to be on the "authorised worker" list and often travelling into other LGAs for work. I saw an article this morning which talked about the quality of compliance. By that they mean getting petrol in your own LGA and bringing your own lunch, in an effort to absolutely minimise any incidental contact you have with others. I don't think that kind of stuff has been talked about enough.

The other problem is the testing rate now being so high that the results of surveillance testing are taking days to come back, which leads to people being infectious in the community long enough to pass covid on.

What remains utterly inexplicable, though, is the absence of a mask mandate.