Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

Kind of hosed up not to include Mario music when he's competed as an athlete in like a dozen events of the 2008/10/12/14/16/20 summer and winter Olympics.....

Given how leaked stuff about what the opening ceremony could have potentially been always seemed to have Mario in there somewhere I'm guessing at some point within the last 18 months the company just decided to pull out of the show all together.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nier has really hit the big time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaPandaB...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"In Tom Clancy's thriller Rainbow Six and its video game adaptation, the 2000 Olympic Games are the setting of a plot by eco-terrorists, who plan to use the games in order to spread a terrible new plague throughout the world"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It took five Smash games for Dragon Quest to appear because Sakurai was trying to run out the clock on Sugiyama. Cuz then they can finally start remixing that poo poo once he's dead.

Like it's a shame he's still alive, because his music is...was kinda nice to listen to when it's not synthesized fart trumpets.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also all the abhorrent views he has.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also all the abhorrent views he has.

Asking Square-Enix to make a DQ spin-off that includes an AR camera feature so I can take a photo of Sylvando literally dancing on his grave in the future.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kuwait walked out to Nier. Surreal. I think it’s because the olympics composer was forced to resign like 4 days ago tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The director was forced to resign

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Who had to walk out to Sonic

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Infinitum posted:

The director was forced to resign

Fun fact it’s both

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Actually I think the director, composer, and someone else very important resigned literally in the last week?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Now if we could just get everyone else involved with the Olympics to resign.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Kuwait walked out to Nier. Surreal. I think it’s because the olympics composer was forced to resign like 4 days ago tho

This is also why it's only games from three companies and the tracks are so random

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

This is also why it's only games from three companies and the tracks are so random

This explains sonic

“Kobayashi’s Holocaust joke and Oyamada’s resignation were the latest to plague the Games. Yoshiro Mori resigned as organizing committee president over sexist remarks. Hiroshi Sasaki also stepped down as creative director for the opening and closing ceremonies after suggesting a Japanese actress should dress as a pig.”

This is on top of the composer resigning 3 days ago. Bad week for the olympics lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's also probably going to be a typhoon, lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It took five Smash games for Dragon Quest to appear because Sakurai was trying to run out the clock on Sugiyama. Cuz then they can finally start remixing that poo poo once he's dead.

Like it's a shame he's still alive, because his music is...was kinda nice to listen to when it's not synthesized fart trumpets.

Im genuinely perplexed that they borrowed noticeably from the leitmotif for Dragon Quest V’s battle theme (aka, his best one, from the most beloved entry in the franchise) in Yakuza: Like A Dragon and no one got cursed out or sued.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOW2TanvU4

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Dragon Quest, is the currently running anime (and the manga it’s based on) any good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why did they even go through with the Olympics? Sunk Cost?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic has a storied history with the olympics!

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Dragon Quest, is the currently running anime (and the manga it’s based on) any good?

i did not get very far in so maybe it improves but i could not stand what i read of dai's big adventure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the google doodle game they have today for the olympics, everyone should check it out

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yah it was pretty cool!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Larryb posted:

I watched a couple of episodes of the anime and it seemed fine

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

On the one hand this Olympics is looking like an utter shitshow in every way.

On the other hand, mad respect for frog's theme in the opening ceremony.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQVD5ttpog

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

Yah it was pretty cool!

What happened to your av?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why did they even go through with the Olympics? Sunk Cost?

That and contractual obligations mean it's going to be profitable even if it's a complete shitshow and a bunch of athletes have their careers or lives ruined

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was looking forward to watching the Olympics this year until the committee started banning every single person of color that they could get away with.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

That and contractual obligations mean it's going to be profitable even if it's a complete shitshow and a bunch of athletes have their careers or lives ruined

Tokio is gonna take a bath on this, like every host city has done so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haveblue posted:

Note that it's only really profitable for the IOC at this point, which is a deeply corrupt organization. No spectators or tourism mean that there's very little actual benefit in it for Tokyo, but the IOC wouldn't let them out of the contract.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Healbot posted:

Tokio is gonna take a bath on this, like every host city has done so far.

It'll be profitable for the Olympic operators and Tokyo has no ability to cancel it, contractually

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yeah, and this combined with the pandemic has the population out there protesting the Olympics.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Any gamer Olympic events this year?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

What happened to your av?

I made fun of a dude's dick so hard that he spent 10$ to own me.

It's been blanked, but here's what it was:

bloom posted:

Bust Rodd posted:

uh, ok sure, i have two stainless steel barbells going through the shaft, but they are both offset to be crooked so when Im hard, looking down at it, it looks like a little dinosuar walking

PENIS DRAWING REMOVED.

Boba Pearl posted:

There is no FYAD cabal, the only reason they are paying attention to you is because you can't shut the gently caress up just stop talking about it and them, take your 2 weeks of probes and then go on with your life. You're making it very apparent that you respond in a way that's funny, and people are going to keep trying to pull content out of you to laugh at you, the fact that you keep giving them it makes me think you're enjoying the attention on some level.

Bust Rodd posted:

You are literally so close to discovering “comedy”, it’s like watching space dust collapse into a baby star

Boba Pearl posted:

I am not going to take comedy lessons from a man whose dick looks like a hosed up puzzle box.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hmm

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Definitely a thread stopper, but uh I bought a FFXIV subscription, and then spent all my time playing Pokemon Unite lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

This was charming and I’m glad you posted it between the Olympics apocalypse and the busted rods.