Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I wish every horror game had a Shaggy mod

Scoob, she looks just like my d-d-duh-dead w-wife! But, like, I shot her 7 years ago! Jinkies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I wish every horror game had a Shaggy mod

Scoob, she looks just like my d-d-duh-dead w-wife! But, like, I shot her 7 years ago! Jinkies!

gently caress you you piece of poo poo poser, Shaggy’s catchphrase is “Zoinks”. Jinkies is Velma's catchphrase, and she doesn't stutter when she sees apparitions of the wives she's killed. GTFO.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 11, 2021

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Oh gently caress Scoob, I gotta get outta here!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Discendo Vox posted:

Jinkies is Velma's catchphrase, and she doesn't stutter when she sees apparitions of the wives she's killed.

No, she...she just smiles.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
We should see who owns the rights and work up a pitch. In the time of Phasmophobia and Dead by Daylight, this could have legs.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I like what I'm seeing here.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Alright let's get to the van, does everyone have the reason for the haunting written down?"

"Yeah, it was capitalism. Again"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
All the ghost types are "Old Man In Mask" and you don't need to get a hit on any of your ghost detection equipment to determine it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DON KNOTTS: They look like ghosts to you?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The remaster of Zombies Ate My Neighbors reignited my love of comedy horror which we just don't see a lot of. I'm not even talking about an MST3K style parody but something like Slither in video game form would be wonderful.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

al-azad posted:

The remaster of Zombies Ate My Neighbors reignited my love of comedy horror which we just don't see a lot of. I'm not even talking about an MST3K style parody but something like Slither in video game form would be wonderful.

Gimme a Return of the Living Dead game asap

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Stubbs The Zombie 2 when, the first game's still classic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yardbomb posted:

Stubbs The Zombie 2 when, the first game's still classic.

Buy the first game on Switch and maybe it'll happen

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Basic Chunnel posted:

If On A Winter’s Night 4 Travelers might not be the best Lovecraftian game ever made (that’s Bloodborne) but I think it may well be the best Chambersian game ever made. If you like adventure games and the gothic it’s truly remarkable. And it’s free: https://laurahunt.itch.io/if-on-a-winters-night-four-travelers

Stick around to the third episode for some real Silent Hill hours

Holy poo poo this was a good 90 minutes.

The third episode was solid, but the second was just amazing. That was a surprisingly excellent way to handle addiction in a game. Every time it went back to the lovely uninteresting grey reality I wanted to just figure out how to speedrun my way to more laudanum and a more interesting world.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Cross-posting from the Switch thread:

Read After Burning posted:

I knew what I was getting into with Doki Doki Literature Club, but I still jumped when the screen glitched out and the hosed up title menu/music popped up on NG+.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5WeBNfX-og

Dead Space remake is real

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I really hope they don’t gently caress this up, considering the original holds up superbly today.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's the same art director as DS2 so if nothing else it'll be stylistically consistent

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Frostbite is a bitch to work with but it should be an easier fit than all of Bioware's flailing attempts at making it work. I'm optimistic.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Maybe somebody will have finally learned from Capcom and greenlit an actual remake instead of an extremely basic "4K Remaster"

If anybody wants to give me money for my predictions I won't turn it down

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Eye Scene from Dead Space 2 returns but instead of his eye it’s his penis

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
dead space developer desperately googlng "nursery rhymes about penis"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bogart posted:

dead space developer desperately googlng "nursery rhymes about penis"

Nah, eye still works for that

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

#1TruIsaac

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jul 23, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Kokoro Wish posted:

#1TruIsaacc

I had the brightness on my screen turned way down, and scrolling past this, I thought someone had used a character creator to make Ethan Klein from H3H3.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Schlubby Isaac, best Isaac.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bruno mars, uptown funk
stick a needle in your junk

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I’m positive there was an executive note for DS2 that was like “our hero can’t look like Peter Venkman.”

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

al-azad posted:

I’m positive there was an executive note for DS2 that was like “our hero can’t look like Peter Venkman.”

I keep telling people Bill Murray secretly did the mocap for the first Dead Space, but nobody will ever believe me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I hope they keep him silent still. Maybe one or two lines, maybe, but not the jaded quippy Isaac from DS2.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
There's going to be weird product placement everywhere and he's going to yell poo poo like "Snap into a Slim Jim!" every time he stomps a necromorph

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

finalellipsis posted:

There's going to be weird product placement everywhere and he's going to yell poo poo like "Snap into a Slim Jim!" every time he stomps a necromorph

I mean... I'm not not on board...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

finalellipsis posted:

"Eat me!"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

finalellipsis posted:

Crushed a former crewmate's head under his steel boot

"You're not yourself when you're hungry!

*snickers*"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The new dead space will be part of the promotion tie-ins for Space Jam 3.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Awww :shobon:

https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/1418293029413130241?s=19

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Discendo Vox posted:

The new dead space will be part of the promotion tie-ins for Space Jam 3.

maybe in a perfect world

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Only thing I desired change is make the flamethrower worth a drat. I did full solo weapon achievement clears except for the solo flamethrower long ago

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

World Famous W posted:

Only thing I desired change is make the flamethrower worth a drat. I did full solo weapon achievement clears except for the solo flamethrower long ago
I dimly remember a wild spiral of joy and disappointment and joy again over the flamethrower in the first game. Depending on if it was going "It is REALISTIC for a flamethrower to not work in a vacuum!" or "In zero gravity with air your flamethrower is now a fireball launcher"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm a little late to the Siren chat, but I'm pretty sure the first one is my favorite horror game. It's definitely worth playing IMO. It's on PS4 too!

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 23, 2021