Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No excuse for the opening segment though. Give that to Baron Black, let's hear what he has to say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

Have no idea how reputable this site is, but they're saying Punk has officially signed

https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1418631154262024205?s=20

Ringside News is gash

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
if they want to send me “home happy” they should give me one of those giant turkey legs from renaissance fairs as i leave

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

No excuse for the opening segment though. Give that to Baron Black, let's hear what he has to say!

Baron Black is an unsigned extra

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Rarity posted:

Ringside News is gash

That means it's bad right.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

That means it's bad right.

I think she meant to say that it's trash, but it's hard to hear when someone is speaking while chewing on the greasiest of microwave burg.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gash is a perfectly cromulent word

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Meh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think she meant to say that it's trash, but it's hard to hear when someone is speaking while chewing on the greasiest of microwave burg.

lol

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

The Taxman posted:

I don't know when you tuned out, but there have been slightly more angles lately since they've returned to the road

Yeah, to be fair I got that impression. I have tuned in for recent Eddie promos, but not really watched much more than that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the actual article anything more than just breathlessly speculating about what Sapp and Meltzer have said?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I Sous vide a burger without the bag when I want to get really fancy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

This is a foul attack on our beautiful language

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

Is the actual article anything more than just breathlessly speculating about what Sapp and Meltzer have said?

Rarity called them 'Gash' posted:

AEW was very close to working on a deal with Punk, and Ringside News exclusively reported that it was virtually done. All they needed to do was sign the contract. We can now report that the deal is actually finished.

A source has confirmed that, “Punk signed on this morning!” Obviously, there is a lot of excitement over this deal. It was not confirmed when he will debut, but we were told “Punk will be on TV nearly every week.”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every week? Welcome to the commentary team CM Punk!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if punk has signed, debut him as the third labor of jericho: sobriety

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

Very rude of you to threaten us with a good time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Replacing JR with Punk would be a huge step up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's what they said about Sting too, and I doubted it at the time but it's been pretty accurate

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just have Punk as a recurring guest commentator like they do with Taz or Don Callis.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I wonder if Punk would even wrestle considering he's gotta be rustier than a sunken boat

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Just keep replaying that MJF video over and over. The unhinged glee. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LABOR NUMBER TWO, NICK FREAKIN' GAGE!"

And Excalibur dropping an MDK ALL DAY so he doesn't get stabbed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I wonder if Punk would even wrestle considering he's gotta be rustier than a sunken boat

If Sting could get himself back into rasslin' shape then Punk absolutely can as well.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Christian seems alright

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ringside Seats straight up makes stuff up. I think Punk is signed but this is very transparently them just catching what way the wind blows so they can say they Had The Scoop the next time they're just blatantly making poo poo up.

Remember, people in AEW dont leak poo poo. The indications about Punk and Bryan have come from outside the company.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1418647162381086722?s=20

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Of course we also have to remember that Big Bicep Tony will always go for the maximum messy drama queen option when it comes to stuff like this.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

And then there's this one which is just perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4GUEwdGYY

Man... I had forgotten how much I loved that promo. Thank you for posting it. Still loved him calling AJ ignorant as it went back to Talking Smack and DBry making fun of AJ for being a flat earther. "I'm just asking questions" was AJ's response.

karmicknight posted:

Why would they, they have to 1) be introduced 2) slowly build up their record in AEW 3) get associated with a younger act 4) learn to have fun again.

Whenever they debut, it's only going to be the start of the process.

I mean the big IF they come in I think AEW has built enough trust to do it right. I hope if Punk comes in he gives them a chance instead of just going full bore prick but Bryan Danielson? I can't imagine him coming in being anything other than brilliant. The American Dragon has always been generous to his opponents and he will be the first to want to try and build some younger new talent.

All this said: AEW will not pull a wwe on Cowboy poo poo. Page has worked too hard during their important growing time and built up his own starpower as well as AEW itself. He is a megastar and if anything it will give new additions someone big to bounce off of later. CM Punk and Darby Allin seem to be the most natural feud coming as it's familiar to what Punk did in the past with Raven and Jeff Hardy and so can help him work off the "ring' rust. Dragon's pick? Jungle Boy? My pick for Bryan Danielson would be Sammy Guevara but I'm just a really giant fan of the guy. Orange Cassidy for the same reason. OC influenced me to put "Where is my Mind?" back into playlists.

edit:

Roman Reigns posted:

Christian seems alright
Christian was always awesome

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 23, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I, for one, look forward to the weekly CM Punk Town Hall

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes, but not one I'd use to describe a site you could theoretically look at in the workplace without being yelled at

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Drakkel posted:

I, for one, look forward to the weekly CM Punk Town Hall

I can feel jawwny’s soul dying with this post

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Hangmin is getting that gold for sure. Either Punk or Bryan would both be great in a title program against him relatively quickly to really cement him as a top guy and future of the promotion.

In fact, assuming that the title change happens at All Out, it would make the most sense imo for Hangman vs dickass heel Punk while Bryan can work a program with Kenny and deliver a couple of 5+ snowflake instant classics.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can you imagine if Punk is not there for the chicago show? The chanting will be worse than that one WCW 92 show right after they fired flair and the whole crowd just screamed WE WANT FLAIR the whole time killing every match

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

yea at this point I'd just send him all the money for a one-time deal if he's not signed just as "CM Punk" chant insurance.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

Have no idea how reputable this site is, but they're saying Punk has officially signed

https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1418631154262024205?s=20

I'm going to say pinch of salt at least

https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1407020905642004482?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

AEW fans don't tend to hijack shows with chants because the shows are good. I feel like there are always CM Punk rumors when they're in Chicago and the fans have never (to my recollection) chanted for him, or at least not to a degree that it ruined anything.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if Danielson does the G1 before going full time for AEW, like Mox did? He's definitely spoken about it like it was a goal for him at some point. It's one thing to do a 2 week quarantine if he's only doing one Dome show, but it's probably less of an ask to do it for a 3 week tour.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now I'm just thinking of this local show Cabana was on a few years ago, crowd starts chanting CM Punk. Colt looks around, "What, he's here!?"

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

AEW fans don't tend to hijack shows with chants because the shows are good. I feel like there are always CM Punk rumors when they're in Chicago and the fans have never (to my recollection) chanted for him, or at least not to a degree that it ruined anything.

You're right they tend not to hijack, but I also don't remember the rumors being this strong. I remember for all out '19 there were a few of us who were hopeful because maybe they were gonna pull another Mox debut kinda thing, but there was nowhere near as much buzz about Punk back then. I don't remember anything punk related for revolution in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder if Danielson does the G1 before going full time for AEW, like Mox did? He's definitely spoken about it like it was a goal for him at some point. It's one thing to do a 2 week quarantine if he's only doing one Dome show, but it's probably less of an ask to do it for a 3 week tour.

When is the G1? Because the rumours don’t have Danielson debuting in AEW until September