Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is the point of anetheron even

Shwqa posted:

Watching there be possible consequences to rich rear end in a top hat actions is exciting to me.

I wouldn't count on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Desert Bus posted:

No ethical consumption under capitalism lol

ordered the stormwind mega bundle, did yeh?

i will say that i haven't given bobby kotick a cent since the hong kong thing happened. big corporations can at least make effort to not be as lovely as possible and i never see anything in the news that shows activision is trying, like at all

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 23, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I got both bundles. poo poo's never gonna get cheaper.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Persistent Peddler
Deathrattle: Summon a Persistent Peddler from your deck

Really clever use of the tradable tag!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hunters got a reveal too:

5 mana 4/5 beast
Tradeable. Deathrattle: summon 2 1/1s with Poison and Rush

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s the Shaman and Druid questlines

quote:

Step 1
Lost in the park
Questline: Gain + 4 attack with your hero
Reward: Gain 5 Armor
Step 2
Defend the Squirrels
Questline: Gain + 5 attack with your hero
Reward: Gain 5 Armor and draw a card
Step 3
Feral Friendsy
Questline: Gain +6 attack with your hero
Reward: Guff the Tough
Guff the Tough
Taunt. Battlecry: Give your hero +8 attack this turn. Gain 8 armor

Shaman one is decent if you can pull it off but Shaman doesn’t have great draw so it’d only really work in a control deck. Druid one seems pretty bad but might work in an aggro style deck.

EDIT: Also new Rogue spell Garrote: 2 mana “ Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Shuffle 3 Bleeds into your deck that deal 2 more when drawn.”
8 damage for 2 mana is pretty nutty, especially since Rogue has so much draw.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 23, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
druid one has gonk park panther synergy I guess but seems totally useless.

Shaman one honestly probably isn't that hard with Guidance and stuff.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i will say that i haven't given bobby kotick a cent since the hong kong thing happened. big corporations can at least make effort to not be as lovely as possible and i never see anything in the news that shows activision is trying, like at all

I'm not a morally upright person enough to quit HS entirely since I enjoy it but yeah, no way in hell I'm dropping money on it now. I was really considering it too with how cool a lot of the new cards are.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

No ethical consumption under capitalism lol

Theft.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

gandlethorpe posted:

Being sued by a state seems like a pretty big deal. Has that ever happened to a gaming company before?

The city of LA sued Rockstar over the hot coffee stuff in GTA3. It was eventually settled like 7 years later in an agreement that entitled every one that was offended could claim $35.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

just a bit of spice :discourse:

https://twitter.com/Rami94HS/status/1418341752205873154

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ok

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol we’re really going handbuff paladin again?

Can’t wait for the class to be op as poo poo next year after hard course-correcting from their next two terrible sets…

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It's questionable in Standard, but Handbuff Paladin is currently Tier 1 in Wild so :stonk: on that card.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That new rogue spell (Garrote?) is really good but I'm already annoyed thinking about drawing three Bleeds and two Mankirk's Wifes off of a Secret Passage lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Warrior Mech

"After this minion takes damage, shuffle 2 cards into your deck that summon a 2/1 Mech when drawn."

Not really sure how to evaluate this. On paper it seems good but might be way too slow.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Unless the mechs have rush that seems bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hadn't really thought about it before but I guess Tradable is a support mechanic for "casts when drawn" stuff. Gives you more chances to trigger it without having to be cost and balanced as something that gives you card advantage

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

i for one am shocked, just *shocked* that a streamer would do this.

good find btw - i'm sure more and more of this will come up as they continue to try to do *hot takes* against blizzard.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Something I’ve never really considered until I started playing it a bit more with the new reward track…

Is there any consistency or system to how cards are offered when drafting in Arena? I just played vs a Shaman most of the meta Doomhammer deck in Arena, and I managed to draft 2 Malygos, but literally two Spells.

I foolishly assumed perhaps there was some internal consistency, and there was an equal number of value cards offered per person…

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Obviously hard to judge before seeing all the deathrattles in the set but even if they're good it seems a bit expensive to me. Probably some broken combo in Wild that could use this though.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Hmm. Rogue Deathrattle... I like it!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Demon Hunter questline

I hope there's some way to shuffle more cards into your deck or else the reward is near useless. Might be worth playing just for the step 1 and 2 rewards though.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Would Soul Fragments count as drawn cards for that quest? Not that there would be any point reducing their costs.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

RatHat posted:

Obviously hard to judge before seeing all the deathrattles in the set but even if they're good it seems a bit expensive to me. Probably some broken combo in Wild that could use this though.

[shrug]... if you play Loot Hoarder this is Arcane Intellect. That's not terrible in a vacuum, although I'm pretty sure Rogue has better draw options.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

RatHat posted:

Demon Hunter questline

I hope there's some way to shuffle more cards into your deck or else the reward is near useless. Might be worth playing just for the step 1 and 2 rewards though.
Yeah it's really hard to see how this works outside of OTK DH. Conceptually it only seems to work as a deck that is basically all draw (although since you draw 1 card for free each turn you need to manually draw 1 less than the stated amount) so the decks wincon needs to be pretty tight.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

RatHat posted:

In wild you might want to play this in big rouge. It draws the kobold that rattles into a 1/1 copy of a minion from your hand. Obviously you want it to hit rag/sneed/lich but even if it just rattles into a 1/1 of itself you're not sad.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I wonder who they even had lined up for the reveal stream that's almost definitely not happening tomorrow lmao

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Color Printer posted:

I wonder who they even had lined up for the reveal stream that's almost definitely not happening tomorrow lmao

The reveal stream is today.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Flayer posted:

Yeah it's really hard to see how this works outside of OTK DH. Conceptually it only seems to work as a deck that is basically all draw (although since you draw 1 card for free each turn you need to manually draw 1 less than the stated amount) so the decks wincon needs to be pretty tight.

Cast when drawn, tradeable, and the existing DH draw packages should be more than enough for this.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mayveena posted:

The reveal stream is today.

Either hearthpwn got the wrong time or they changed it, I could have sworn it was Tuesday

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Either hearthpwn got the wrong time or they changed it, I could have sworn it was Tuesday

They moved it up a day.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

AnacondaHL posted:

Cast when drawn, tradeable, and the existing DH draw packages should be more than enough for this.
The problem with Tradeable being used to trigger this is that by the time you have Kurtrus you deck would contain a lot of those Tradeable cards - are those cards good enough to justify the cost reduction? I guess we'll get a better idea later today when all the cards are revealed.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Tradeable seems like a good ability for DH, in that it makes it easier to position cards in your hand.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Flayer posted:

The problem with Tradeable being used to trigger this is that by the time you have Kurtrus you deck would contain a lot of those Tradeable cards - are those cards good enough to justify the cost reduction? I guess we'll get a better idea later today when all the cards are revealed.

Oh, this wouldn't be the point unless they print absurd support for this. It's about doing an OTK combo. Eventually deck tweakers and testers will find the optimal number of tradeable cards for a decklist to have the best draw velocity while also not choking the combo.

Boatswain posted:

Tradeable seems like a good ability for DH, in that it makes it easier to position cards in your hand.

This too! I'm already sensing an improvement to Spectral Sight because of this.

A scorching hot take would be that Glide might make it into specific decklists, but I'm not taking that one quite yet

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Also there were rumors yesterday that the reveal stream would be cancelled, but I haven't found a good source to verify. We'll see~

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This morning I went 7-1 to push me into Wild Diamond 10 with this lovely list (yes I am still playing TonkHunter, it's fun). Only 10 ranks til Legend!:

### Tonkosaurus
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Petting Zoo
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwa5Df4NoIAD8ZYDhOID5e8DDIAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Also there were rumors yesterday that the reveal stream would be cancelled, but I haven't found a good source to verify. We'll see~

Normally there would be a reminder notice for it in YouTube but none as of now.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

10AM Pacific time and nothing is happening on the channel so doesn't look like there will be a reveal today.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
They removed the link from their reveal schedule, which is probably as close to a confirmation that it's cancelled as we're going to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
It's now showing up as 5 hours from now for me. It's probably going to be hella awkward. Usually they get some famous hearthstone streamers, I can't imagine anyone wanting to fill that position this time around. There's also no way that the business-as-usual typically jolly/goofy manner these streams are done in won't feel extremely tone-deaf.

edit: or maybe that's just a pc gamer reveal and not the stream, hard to tell.