Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
I'm just now rewatching the Archer/Mox match, and the way AEW handles wrestler homecomings really stuck out to me. Like not only did Archer go over, but he also got to enter second, and it seemed like every show they were promoting (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh), they mentioned which AEW stars were from there. Such a far cry from the "you can't go over in your hometown" WWE bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

looks like Nick Comoroto havin a good time

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I'm just now rewatching the Archer/Mox match, and the way AEW handles wrestler homecomings really stuck out to me. Like not only did Archer go over, but he also got to enter second, and it seemed like every show they were promoting (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh), they mentioned which AEW stars were from there. Such a far cry from the "you can't go over in your hometown" WWE bullshit.

Agreed. Just a part of why I love this company so much... way back in the day local wrestlers winning in an area was the default as it was an easy way to pop the crowd and let them leave the arena super happy. The whole "losing in your hometown" thing was a purposeful reversal of that but wwe forgot that you don't have to always get heat. AEDub isn't a company made for just one person and it shows.

Dacap posted:

When is the G1? Because the rumours don’t have Danielson debuting in AEW until September

https://www.njpw1972.com/99392

NJPW posted:

G1 Climax 31・September 18 – October 21 2021

Saturday September 18, Sunday September 19・Osaka・EDION Arena

Thursday September 23 (Autumn Equinox Day), Friday September 24・Tokyo・Ota-ku Gymnasium

Sunday September 26 ・Kobe・Kobe World Hall

Wednesday September 29, Thursday September 30・Tokyo・Korakuen Hall

Friday October 1・Hamamatsu・Hamamatsu Arena

Sunday October 3・Aichi・Dolphins’ Arena

Saturday October 9・Osaka・EDION Arena

Tuesday October 12, Wednesday October 13 ・Sendai・Xebio Arena

Thursday October 14・Yamagata・Yamagata Sports Center

Monday October 18・Yokohama・Yokohama Budokan

Wednesday October 20, Thursday October 21・Tokyo・Nippon Budokan

edit:

Cerebral Bore posted:

As long as Hangman beats Kenny for the belt in the main event I don't think anybody would give a poo poo.
gently caress.Yes. Please. Let him win and then his good buddies DO come out and celebrate and nobody backstabs or turns on each other. People shout COWBOY poo poo at the screen as it turn black and for a moment you just have a black screen and people chanting COWBOY poo poo!

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 23, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you imagine if Punk is not there for the chicago show? The chanting will be worse than that one WCW 92 show right after they fired flair and the whole crowd just screamed WE WANT FLAIR the whole time killing every match

As long as Hangman beats Kenny for the belt in the main event I don't think anybody would give a poo poo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lazy like a Fox posted:

This is great obviously, but I do hope it's not a hard-and-fast booking rule, as Santana and Ortiz need to kick The Revival's rear end in North Carolina

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Yeah I want to see those two dorks lose on their home turf.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DogsInSpace! posted:

I mean the big IF they come in I think AEW has built enough trust to do it right. I hope if Punk comes in he gives them a chance instead of just going full bore prick but Bryan Danielson? I can't imagine him coming in being anything other than brilliant. The American Dragon has always been generous to his opponents and he will be the first to want to try and build some younger new talent.

I can see Bryan coming in, looking at the roster, and saying, "Ooh, give me Penta. Give me Fenix. Give me Sammy, Orange, Jungle Boy, Dante Martin. Hell, give me Fuego!"

Punk, on the other, I don't think would accept anything less than a main event slot.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you guys have a weird idea of punk in your heads

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

cams posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

I can see Bryan coming in, looking at the roster, and saying, "Ooh, give me Penta. Give me Fenix. Give me Sammy, Orange, Jungle Boy, Dante Martin. Hell, give me Fuego!"

Punk, on the other, I don't think would accept anything less than a main event slot.

Bryan will want to wrestle Sting while Punk will be open to lots of people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CM Punk has it written into his contract that he will not perform in any arenas that serve Coke or RC Cola.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1418661317863514116

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1418659150092021762?s=21

return of the mack

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's said before he stopped using the Stroke Daddy moniker because he was worried about it being too risque for national TV I wonder if he got the go ahead to start using it again or just decided to go for it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

If Tony buys the rights to that they'll be at 2 Million viewers instantly.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

if they want to send me “home happy” they should give me one of those giant turkey legs from renaissance fairs as i leave

they are not good, op.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Replacing JR with Punk would be a huge step up

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1418661989061074945

someone needs to let bayley know that :chast2b:

also is she even allowed to @ someone from AEW, gonna make Vince have an aneyurism

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Konan literally doing cold read tactics.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

cams posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe punk has a weird idea of us too so it's fair.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lethrom posted:

also is she even allowed to @ someone from AEW, gonna make Vince have an aneyurism

talent is allowed to use their socials however they please as long as they're valuable enough that vince doesn't want them working somewhere else

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

went to all out 2019 mostly because it was on my birthday and i wanted to do something dope and slightly because of the chance punk would show up

gonna lmao if i skip all out 21 to save cash and both punk and bryan show up

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I don't know if there's a wrestling term for it, but drat I really dig people like Starks and Avalon who have this kind of gross, "think they are hot poo poo", ladies man vibe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lethrom posted:

Maybe she's trying to get released, so that tweet becomes two birds in one stone

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

With Danielson: oh yeah. Seriously a million dream match ups and I would love if he got a Mox deal as I've been dreaming about this for like a decade now. All of your list makes me so loving happy.

Don't get too down on Punk tho as a motivated Punk in the past was amazing. I get annoyed with curmudgeons as much as anyone (I must confess that I too can be a bit of a dick at times) but if I'm in a happy place it leads me to turn into a giant hippy. Give Punk a chance as we might have said "Lou Parper? Who the hell is this jobber and what has he ever done?" I would not have said that but some might. Let AEW work its magic.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Bayley gonna risk it all for Starky Baby and who can blame her

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

Maybe she's trying to get released, so that tweet becomes two birds in one stone

Sign Bayley and put her in Team Taz already.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bayley hooking up with ricky starks after being engaged to his former tag team partner for years would be very funny

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I don't know if there's a wrestling term for it, but drat I really dig people like Starks and Avalon who have this kind of gross, "think they are hot poo poo", ladies man vibe.

I prefer "Rick Rudeboi"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
That’s definitely a way to get release

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

bayley hooking up with ricky starks after being engaged to his former tag team partner for years would be very funny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alaois posted:

*googles who she was engaged with* oh my god they have to now, it has to happen. A distraught Fuego becomes an honorary Team Taz member as QT and Solo get into a blood feud against Ricky and the rest of Team Taz for Solo's honor.

Solo: *barely holding back tears* You took my love! and YOU, Fuego, took the W out of my name!!
Fuego: i-i don't- you gave it to me??
Hobbs: *puts his hand on Fuego's shoulder, who sells for it* Team TAZ never backs down, specially not from a loser like you.
TAZ: Yeah, Marshal, if your boys wanna fight my boys be my guest! Every one of these men are ready to lay their lives in a fight
Fuego: lay my life?! *ricky starts making out with Bayley in the background as Comoroto holds Solo back*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
free bayley

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Fuego vs Bayley: battle of the asses

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

That’s definitely a way to get release

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yeah I want to see those two dorks lose on their home turf.
It's probably what they want. I'm betting they see the challenge of getting the home crowd to turn on them as something desirable.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

IcePhoenix posted:

He's said before he stopped using the Stroke Daddy moniker because he was worried about it being too risque for national TV I wonder if he got the go ahead to start using it again or just decided to go for it

International!
And I guess we'll see what his celebration looks like next Wednesday. Though honestly I'm expecting at least one sheetcake, which doesn't seem very stroke daddy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1418605399268229121?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I need Kris Statlander! Britt!!