Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RDR2 is my favorite game of all time and while I totally understand not vibing with GTAV I’ll never understand the “it hates everyone and everything” angle. It’s just ridiculous and trashy and all of it is for a goof while having genuine love for its characters. Like Trevor is a total scumbag in every conceivable way but you’re supposed to love him to death. He’s a nasty trash boy. Our nasty trash boy. My only real issue with Rockstar is that they put out some of the best singleplayer games of all time and then focus 100% on the online side that I can’t give a poo poo about. Like, I get it, it obviously makes money. But so do the main games!

e: DQXI S question: when is it worth it to buy the missing ingredients for a decent crafting piece? I haven’t really figured out if money matters much in this game yet. I assume it’s not really a huge deal because it’s such a reasonable game in every other area.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah GTA5 is a weirdly mean spirited game, but I still found the characters and story way more entertaining than the average game and more often than not I found the trashiness fun. Really GTA 5 and RDR2 are the first R* games that I actually played a lot of and finished. I'd always gotten bored of them half way through like an Ubisoft game but I played the poo poo out of both of them.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bust Rodd posted:

GTAV sucks so much fuckin sweaty rear end it’s really a terrible video game. I felt like the game was constantly challenging me to just turn it off and walk away until eventually I did. After RDR2 it’s pretty obvious that whoever R* is making games for anymore it’s definitely not me.

Getting out of cat jail for 10 minutes to drop a blistering take is very on brand.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First Bust post I've ever agreed with tbh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I may not agree with what you have to say about rockstar games, but I will defend your right to say it and be free from fyad jail

free busto

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tbh I think the only way to fully free bust rodd is a group effort chaos magic cum ritual

Get those sigils goin’ friends

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

People bring the horrible RDR2 controls but GTAV had a weird rear end control scheme that put me off the game after 2 hours.

(I've never been able to play more than 4-5 hours of a GTA game since Vice City and San Andreas)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RockStar have been using the same lovely control scheme since the PS2

Sure I love to repeatedly tap the button to sprint

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Need at 60fps and better load times next gen patch before I’d consider going near RDR2 again

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm starting to think that won't ever come, they're far more comfortable drip-feeding updates to their terrible multiplayer

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do really wish Rockstar games just controlled like normal rear end games.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My only real complaint about RDR2 is tapping a button to run on foot. It's especially baffling since they give you the option to hold a button to make your horse gallop.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Need at 60fps and better load times next gen patch before I’d consider going near RDR2 again

It's funny how the GTAV next-gen version is already announced but there's jack squat about RDR2. Guess that tells you how profitable their respective online modes are

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

veni veni veni posted:

Rockstar feels like a company like Quantic Dream or Bethesda to an extent where they struck gold once like twenty years ago and then never looked back and just started evolving along their own little weird path separate from the rest of the industry.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Baggot posted:

Forget it Bust Rodd... It's cum town.

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

honestly agree, felt like a lot of the japenese devs were blindsided by the HD and couldnt compete with western pc devs who already knew the tricks of resolutions above 480. some killer titles tho but yeah when i think of that gen, its waggle, dark and brown bloomy with few standouts.

but i will never unplug my ps3!!!

Thinking of hooking up the PS3 and finally platting Bionic Commando 09 to put it on my GOTY list this year but...I think it has online trophies :negative:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Thinking of hooking up the PS3 and finally platting Bionic Commando 09 to put it on my GOTY list this year but...I think it has online trophies :negative:
I don't believe it does!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Akuma posted:

I don't believe it does!

OH SHIIIIIIIT

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

veni veni veni posted:

I don't, playing RDR2 and AC Odyssey back to back I was so put off by how lovely and floaty and basic everything felt in Odyssey compared to the clunky weighty slow-moving cowboy sim that I instantly went back

Sakurazuka posted:

First Bust post I've ever agreed with tbh

Same, but referring to the fyad post they've used to probate him a dozen times :twisted:

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 23, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bust scarcity has left me numb, will we ever again regularly be bathed in the light of busts busts

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bust scarcity has left me numb, will we ever again regularly be bathed in the light of busts busts
Spare the Rodd, spoil the thread

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't, playing RDR2 and AC Odyssey back to back I was so put off by how lovely and floaty and basic everything felt in Odyssey compared to the clunky weighty slow-moving cowboy sim that I instantly went back

Haha same actually. Origins felt decent at the time but Odyssey had such an odd floaty inconsistent thing going on. Every game I’ve played since RDR2 has felt weird to me in general lol, mainly the more realistic open world types. I can adventure around aimlessly in RDR2 for hours and hours. It feels so good.

ps5 version now plz :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like various things about GTAV and had a lot of fun playing with my friend loving around with the physics engine but yeah a lot of it has aged so loving horribly and the story is awful and most of the characters are very very bad and I would never want to play it again

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Rockstar games have really bad "missions"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the medal rankings in rdr2’s missions felt like a practical joke. whoopsie doodle, you were five seconds too slow in listening to horse clip clop sound while you traveled a country road, that’s a deduction

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I liked GTA v because it had some really fun missions in it and it was one of the first GTA games that allowed checkpointing within missions, which saves a lot of time and frustration.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I dunno if anyone is looking for a PS VR still, but I’ve put mine up over on the Mart. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974356&perpage=40&noseen=

It’s the version 2 (HDR Passthrough) with a case, PS5 adapter and the old AstroBot pack-in game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Speaking of Rockstar, the first Max Payne turned 20 years old today :eyepop:

Remaster the whole trilogy and put it out for PS4/PS5, you cowards (they won't because it wouldn't make them GTA Online money :( )

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rockstar has nothing to do with the two good Max Payne games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What about the third good one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's bad

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Even growing up with the others (I mostly played the demos and dumped hundreds of hours into them lol what’s wrong with me) MP3 is my favorite and it’s a god drat shame it got left on weak old consoles :smith:

I would be all over a trilogy remake. Do it all in the most current engine but include the old games with better assets and resolution too and I’ll shovel my money into the hole.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a shame 2 never got the PS Classic treatment, although the version of 1 on PS4 was pretty crap from what I remember.
3 on PS3 is load time hell

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s a shame 2 never got the PS Classic treatment, although the version of 1 on PS4 was pretty crap from what I remember.
3 on PS3 is load time hell

Max Payne 1 on the PS4 is the Playstation 2 port and its absolute dogshit. Which is sad, because the Xbox version is just fine. It never looked great in the first place but in the port max is more blocky than a Lego man

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I have 1/2 on Xbox and they’re both good ports. 2 on PC was probably the game I played the most when I was younger. There was loads of cool mods for it as well

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I spotted that the entire Final fantasy 14 collection is on sale and was thinking about picking it up.

The problem is that I got a copy of the base game on PC about 7 years ago or whatever so I've already got an account.

This has been a blocker in trying to play the free trial version to see if I'll still like it.

I was wondering if there was a way to delete the Ff14 account without deleting the entire Square account? Or what I should do in order to best migrate over to playing on the PS4.

I guess if I'm gonna pick up the full collection, I'd have to spend a few months playing it anyway so there'll inevitably be a subscription cost no matter what so maybe deleting accounts isn't worth the effort.

Though I do recall trying to jump back into things a few months back on PC and finding that the whole thing was a nightmare to even launch given my historical accounts existence.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Rockstar has nothing to do with the two good Max Payne games.
They published the second one...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kin posted:

I spotted that the entire Final fantasy 14 collection is on sale and was thinking about picking it up.

The problem is that I got a copy of the base game on PC about 7 years ago or whatever so I've already got an account.

This has been a blocker in trying to play the free trial version to see if I'll still like it.

I was wondering if there was a way to delete the Ff14 account without deleting the entire Square account? Or what I should do in order to best migrate over to playing on the PS4.

I guess if I'm gonna pick up the full collection, I'd have to spend a few months playing it anyway so there'll inevitably be a subscription cost no matter what so maybe deleting accounts isn't worth the effort.

Though I do recall trying to jump back into things a few months back on PC and finding that the whole thing was a nightmare to even launch given my historical accounts existence.

You could just not link it to the same Square account as your PC copy?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I'm finishing up the MediEvil remake since it was on sale recently. IIRC reviews panned it so I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I'm having. It's from an era before 3d games had much for standardized gameplay and I appreciate the PS1 jank. The camera is occasionally godawful and no checkpoints is jarring... but the levels are so short once you know how to play them that I don't mind it much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jurassic World Evolution is an overpriced theme park game for suckers, and I am now a sucker with an overpriced theme park game. It's awesome, the alpha triceratops attacked my jeep while I was shooting a struthiomimus with a tranquilizer dart. I recently released a ceratosaurus into a separate habitat with a bunch of herbivores and they're actually mostly getting along fine