Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Judakel posted:

no a single civilian would die to repel a us invasion. they'd be even more miserable post-invasion than they are now, but people have day-to-day concerns. hell, i was told cuba had to crack down on some shitheads who wanted to throw parties in the middle of the pandemic. we're not that different

for all the the bluster Americans would fight against an occupation.

probably not the ones who fantasize about it but there would be a resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

i say swears online posted:

USS horny on maine

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Judakel posted:

no a single civilian would die to repel a us invasion. they'd be even more miserable post-invasion than they are now, but people have day-to-day concerns. hell, i was told cuba had to crack down on some shitheads who wanted to throw parties in the middle of the pandemic. we're not that different

drat, better tell all the Cuban civilians that are a part of the Committees for the Defense of the Revolution that no one cares to defend the Revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committees_for_the_Defense_of_the_Revolution

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Judakel posted:

Do you mean in the initial invasion itself or in the occupation/"extended and continuing support to the legitimate democratic Cuban government" that would follow? idk going off recent prolonged military adventures and Cuba's own history

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i say swears online posted:

no, cuba's really flat at that part. they would probably have been able to see hispanola from that distance, it's more mountainous

Lol that owns. Bay of piglets won't even see the country they want to slaughter

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1417948096559001601

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

keep politics out of sports please

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trash opinions for the trash afc east

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

for all the the bluster Americans would fight against an occupation.

probably not the ones who fantasize about it but there would be a resistance

lmao

Atrocious Joe posted:

drat, better tell all the Cuban civilians that are a part of the Committees for the Defense of the Revolution that no one cares to defend the Revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committees_for_the_Defense_of_the_Revolution

you're a delusional dumbass

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Do you mean in the initial invasion itself or in the occupation/"extended and continuing support to the legitimate democratic Cuban government" that would follow? idk going off recent prolonged military adventures and Cuba's own history

The invasion. overthrowing the government would be a failure of haitian proportions so i am sure people would get fed up and do some agitating here and there after a while

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
ah so your just an idiot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

https://twitter.com/AndrewDirks1/status/1418381743900577797?s=20

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

waiting...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this was a tiny lake btw

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

ah so your just an idiot

turn on your monitor

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hopefully their coordinates are passed quickly over to the Cuban Coast Guard

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

the Cuban military isn’t stupid enough to touch the boaters

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Remember when US marines struggled to fight Cuban construction workers and then Clint Eastwood made a movie about that momentous victory.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

the Cuban military isn’t stupid enough to touch the boaters

No but they can intercept the agents trying to meet them

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
these boaters are idiots.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Remember when US marines struggled to fight Cuban construction workers and then Clint Eastwood made a movie about that momentous victory.

its totally gonna happen

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Any US invasion of Cuba would create a huge numbers of refugees going to Florida. I think a ground invasion is only a possibility if there's already large numbers of people leaving Cuba for the US. In that case an invasion could be pitched as a way to stop refugees.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ayyyy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the US isn’t going to invade, there is basically no chance.

if they had some support locally they would give bombing support but they don’t

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

there's a whole bunch of hosed up poo poo they could do without invading, let's use our imaginations

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
apparently cuba is on track to vaccinate everyone by november and the only bottleneck is needles, so i am guessing some vaccines will start making their way to peru and venezuela soon. doubt any other countries take em for fear on angering the us

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

there's a whole bunch of hosed up poo poo they could do without invading, let's use our imaginations

they could reverse engineer the directed energy Havana syndrome weapons and start making Cuban diplomats poo poo their pants

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only thing missing from this League of Losers is Canada.

not enough mining rights

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pamela Springstein posted:

not enough mining rights

I keep forgetting Canada is still Cuba's biggest trading partner, so they have a reason to sit this out even while they chair the Lima Group against every other left wing latin american government.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There haven't been any updates on the SOSCuba flotilla in 9 hours, so I'm guessing everything is going great.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CharlestheHammer posted:

ah so your just an idiot

Judakel is an idiot, yes. Surprised that's not more widely known by now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/josealberto_gc/status/1418754180081229827?s=21

https://twitter.com/questxknowledge/status/1418756582855282708?s=21

https://twitter.com/cristiancrespoj/status/1418782156088922114?s=21

gusano Twitter is claiming these to be the flares/fireworks from the boats

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inspiring

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

there’s no way that first video is of them. they’d practically have to beach themselves to be seen from low to ground

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I wonder how much the worlds worst fireworks show cost

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A Moron posted:

Judakel is an idiot, yes. Surprised that's not more widely known by now

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

well marxism had a pretty good run but that's a wrap

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Judakel posted:

drat you’re just as retarded as always

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I wonder how much the worlds worst fireworks show cost

those flares are things you’d have in the bridge on a real ship. one can get them at a marine supply. they are for say if you are in a life boat and are trying to get the attention of a real ship.

shits pathetic yo.

I used to have a little signal parachute flaregun I carried in my gently caress off to the lifeboat bag. this is like the bigger standard version of that. basically they are shooting a distress signal up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

from the boaters insta
Flares

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRpS5OPJyRW/

Fireworks