Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I don't fully know who Sakisama is, but I hope she is the next joshi to come over. Imagine Excalibur explaining her whole deal to JR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Bayley gonna risk it all for Starky Baby and who can blame her

Aaron Solow.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I don't fully know who Sakisama is, but I hope she is the next joshi to come over. Imagine Excalibur explaining her whole deal to JR.

As long as Ex remembers to use the phrase "the loving French" all is well.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Neo Bikishi Goon

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pretty sure this was when Aliester was still thought to have a 90day non-compete instead of 30.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Excalibur patiently explaining to Tony Schiavone that, no, that's not Mei Suruga from the women's title tournament accompanying her. That's Mei Saint-Michel, a different person entirely.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Only if Mei Saint-Michel shows up with her.

Ex: "...so she went to this forest in France and played her flute, and then this tiny feral maid appeared and followed her home, and now the maid uses her tray to attack opponents during matches"
:bahgawd: "I saw that all the time when I reffed matches in the 70s"

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Lamuella posted:

Aaron Solow.

Yeah, but what about Aaron Solo?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yeah, but what about Aaron Solo?

I hear he's alone now.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Excalibur patiently explaining to Tony Schiavone that, no, that's not Mei Suruga from the women's title tournament accompanying her. That's Mei Saint-Michel, a different person entirely.

They go all in and claim that both Saki Akai and Sakisama have both come to America and are different people but Taz is out there not believing it as if Sakisama is chicken boo or something

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

They go all in and claim that both Saki Akai and Sakisama have both come to America and are different people but Taz is out there not believing it as if Sakisama is chicken boo or something

At least that's not a basic bird.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

This is A+ stuff. The cinematography here reminds me of some of early AEW's vignettes and it's a presentation I really wish theyd dip back into, even if it's just for Road-To's

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ricky is the coolest guy on the show

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

As long as Ex remembers to use the phrase "the loving French" all is well.

ex will probably be a bit gunshy about being jokingly xenophobic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

Pretty sure this was when Aliester was still thought to have a 90day non-compete instead of 30.

yes hence the source being unreliable, they had bad scoops.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Evil Badman posted:

Which still means they were just talking out their rear end and making guesses and not actually talking to sources with actual knowledge

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I remember seeing Starks on NWA and being like "this dude looks like a star, why the gently caress is he with this company?"

Glad AEW scooped him up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ricky scooped aew up. into his arms. and then he sang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4Wh30HGAs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ricky is the coolest guy on the show

nah

but that's more due to how loving stacked with cool guys this roster is. He's probably top 5 if not Top 3.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Excalibur having to reiterate that Sakisama is just Marie Antoinette to a bewildered Jim Ross would be wild.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Aaron Solow.

Wake me up Mike Comoroto
Don’t leave layin’ there like Aaron Solo

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I just learned what "Cero Miedo" means.

drat that's badass. Also had no idea Fenix is his brother. I feel dumb.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Excalibur having to reiterate that Sakisama is just Marie Antoinette to a bewildered Jim Ross would be wild.

BAH GAWD I HEARD SHE WAS EXECUTED

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DMorbid posted:

Only if Mei Saint-Michel shows up with her.

Ex: "...so she went to this forest in France and played her flute, and then this tiny feral maid appeared and followed her home, and now the maid uses her tray to attack opponents during matches"
:bahgawd: "I saw that all the time when I reffed matches in the 70s"
I want to see him explain Taichi.

JR: "So he's the Phantom of the Opera? I get that."
Ex: "Sort of. But Miho has to pray for his arrival first. He's the Holy Emperor."
JR: "The holy what now? Look at him! He's not even really singing!"
Ex: "How dare you. He sings the song perfectly every time."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jim Ross has deffo called a Taichi match, I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
remember that absolute banger match Penta had against Fenix. Holy poo poo that was good

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm rewatching Dynamite and it rules seeing the stooge Archer threw. He cheers with the rest of the crowd but like he's very distracted or half-hearted. They really decked him out in eye-catching colours.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

drat that's badass. Also had no idea Fenix is his brother. I feel dumb.

Don't feel bad; they don't look similar because one is just a skeleton

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm rewatching Dynamite and it rules seeing the stooge Archer threw. He cheers with the rest of the crowd but like he's very distracted or half-hearted. They really decked him out in eye-catching colours.

Archer beat up a real fan, per Meltzer they’re going to start beating the poo poo out of random fans to scare the audience from ever storming the ring to fight Jericho again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Archer beat up a real fan, per Meltzer they’re going to start beating the poo poo out of random fans to scare the audience from ever storming the ring to fight Jericho again.

These are the risks you take as a fan.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSdGat6ryBk

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I appreciate that they had the plant out there the whole night. I noticed his TH2 cosplay at the top of the show.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are by far, by far, the biggest most popular wrestlers in the last decade. You'd have be a loving moron to think AEW wouldn't do whatever it took to snap them them up

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
AEW right now is like Christmas as a kid and for some reason your parents decide to put your gifts out early and there's two human-shaped presents, one with their arms on their chest in the shape of an x and another with both of their arms upwards pointing to the sky. You know what the gently caress they are and wanna open them but Papa Tony won't let you open them until he says so. Now all you have are these obvious presents that can be opened until a month from now and it's going to drive you crazy.

Also there's a homeless man with a pizza cutter yelling obscenities' in the front yard.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 24, 2021

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I appreciate that they had the plant out there the whole night. I noticed his TH2 cosplay at the top of the show.

should I know what TH2 is?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MDK

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Grey posted:

should I know what TH2 is?

they’re the team that huffs highlighters before their matches

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011