Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are by far, by far, the biggest most popular wrestlers in the last decade. You'd have be a loving moron to think AEW wouldn't do whatever it took to snap them them up

Wouldn't it make sense to space out their introductions? Why burn up all that pop and attention in a short period of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Who says they would? Also, maybe it would be a stroke of genius to introduce them at once? What a melt down that would be

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I want Murphy too but there are already so many good wrestlers!!!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Someone on reddit did a thing, and if Danielson or Punk amounts to nothing this will forever exist and for that we should be grateful

https://streamable.com/z6vb3p

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Grey posted:

Wouldn't it make sense to space out their introductions? Why burn up all that pop and attention in a short period of time?

Indications are that Bryan will be in New York. They would be crazy not to do something with Punk in Chicago if they can.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NOLA baby

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lid posted:

Someone on reddit did a thing, and if Danielson or Punk amounts to nothing this will forever exist and for that we should be grateful

this is phenomenal

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

remember that absolute banger match Penta had against Fenix. Holy poo poo that was good

Remember Eddie kicking Fenix out of the ring like a dirty piece of poo poo while he tried to sweet talk Penta? It was great.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Indications are that Bryan will be in New York. They would be crazy not to do something with Punk in Chicago if they can.

I'm torn on whether or not MJF should come out to Cult of Personality in Chicago before Punk's debut. I think there would be an actual riot.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Have MJF come out to Cult of Personality, but while he’s laughing at the crowd for being so gullible start playing miseria cantare for real

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tweak posted:

Have MJF come out to Cult of Personality, but while he’s laughing at the crowd for being so gullible start playing miseria cantare for real

That is, in fact, how you do it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Konnan asked Tony if he signed Bryan and he smiled

quote:

The only reason I asked him is because I wanted to use Bryan Danielson in AAA.

I was like, ‘Hey man, have you signed Bryan Danielson?’ He goes, ‘You know I can’t tell you that’ and then I looked at him and I go ‘bro, if that gently caress shows up in Chicago, that place is gonna melt’, and he just smiled. So I think he might have but he has not told me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That gently caress is All Elite

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Konan literally doing cold read tactics.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know it's a cliche but I think AEW has earned a 'wait and see' to find out what they're doing with that show and how it can be paced. Two hours of Rampage has the show ending at midnight, and I'm pretty sure they've run the numbers on the ROI on a second hour that late on a Friday.

Arguably though, a second hour wouldn’t be late for the west coast?

I know this is a terrible argument.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Two years ago we'd just seen Fight for the Fallen, we had no real firm grasp of what Dynamite would be as a weekly show and some poor, misguided people were not yet sold on The Hangman. What a trip.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Two years ago we'd just seen Fight for the Fallen, we had no real firm grasp of what Dynamite would be as a weekly show and some poor, misguided people were not yet sold on Kip Sabian. What a trip.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

You know, All Elite Worldwide and The Yes Movement?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Eat My Fuc posted:

loved that guy in nxt

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Arguably though, a second hour wouldn’t be late for the west coast?

I know this is a terrible argument.

Sorry, I don't believe in timezones. The only thing WWE ever did right was putting a top title on someone who only believes in EST

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I do kinda dislike having some idea of where Bryan and Punk are gonna pop up because those crowds are gonna be waiting for the fireworks factory the whole night. AEW is savvy and not WWE so I don't think they'll keep em waiting too long but I still have flashbacks about poor Rey Mysterio at the Royal Rumble.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know it's a cliche but I think AEW has earned a 'wait and see' to find out what they're doing with that show and how it can be paced. Two hours of Rampage has the show ending at midnight, and I'm pretty sure they've run the numbers on the ROI on a second hour that late on a Friday.

I believe on the nights Dynamite had to run then, the second hour's ratings dropped like a rock.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, hour two during the Friday march dropped noticeably each week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maduo posted:

I do kinda dislike having some idea of where Bryan and Punk are gonna pop up because those crowds are gonna be waiting for the fireworks factory the whole night. AEW is savvy and not WWE so I don't think they'll keep em waiting too long but I still have flashbacks about poor Rey Mysterio at the Royal Rumble.

They should advertise these ahead of time to pop ratings and ticket sales. The surprise can still be what they'll do it say or who they interact with, but they should absolutely not keep the very idea of them appearing a surprise.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW has already received at least one talking to by TNT to "sell some loving tickets and get some loving eyeballs by promoting these types of thing"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If TBS asks for a fourth hour just put all the codyverse stuff in there. Tape it in front of an empty arena after each live show and call it QTies afterdark.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Spiderdrake posted:

If TBS asks for a fourth hour just put all the codyverse stuff in there. Tape it in front of an empty arena after each live show and call it QTies afterdark.

Dynamite Underground

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

karmicknight posted:

AEW has already received at least one talking to by TNT to "sell some loving tickets and get some loving eyeballs by promoting these types of thing"

Didn't that story turn out to be not true?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
BAZOOKA

KABOOM

gonna get it tattooed on my eyelids

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shinjobi posted:

BAZOOKA

KABOOM

gonna get it tattooed on my eyelids

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bazooka_Kaboom&redirect=no

Eleven and a half loving years haha

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lid posted:

he's not upset just frustrated

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Two years ago we'd just seen Fight for the Fallen, we had no real firm grasp of what Dynamite would be as a weekly show and some poor, misguided people DOUBTED EVIL UNO AND THE DARK ORDER. What a trip.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember when evil uno sat on those three guys and they fell down and he fell backward and couldn't get up for 15 minutes.they tried to roll him out of the ring onto his feet but he fell onto the mats outside and kept yelling, "i can't get up!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i remember when evil uno sat on those three guys and they fell down and he fell backward and couldn't get up for 15 minutes.they tried to roll him out of the ring onto his feet but he fell onto the mats outside and kept yelling, "i can't get up!"

that never happened!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jeff’s just gonna accidentally hit send on their #AllElite graphics on a Tuesday afternoon and that’ll be that.

Given that both signings immediately got out (assuming they’re true), I am curious if they they just openly promote that they’re coming than make them a surprise debut.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shard posted:

that never happened!

okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was you. it was me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Jeff’s just gonna accidentally hit send on their #AllElite graphics on a Tuesday afternoon and that’ll be that.

Given that both signings immediately got out (assuming they’re true), I am curious if they they just openly promote that they’re coming than make them a surprise debut.

Is there truth to the thing that Turner didn't like surprise debuts on TV? Wonder if that changes anything as to how they'd handle this stuff.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lid posted:

the guy calling in is just fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

they are not good, op.

agreed