Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pork never goes bad posted:

That said, tytykiller already quit - he's been streaming D3 for a couple hours.

lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hillock, Crab daddy, Brutus, and Merveil were all awesome. I really like the changes.

I suppose if you're mad about big changes to your favorite ARPG, playing the one where there's rarely any real meaningful changes seems more appealing.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

*cough* its okay bros... *cough* this is a sacrifice league for... *cough* ...the future of PoE 2....

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I was super critical of the notes and I will admit I thoroughly enjoyed Act 1, and was actually disapointed when I got to Act 2 and the difficulty dropped so sharply.

lmao his stream is some good poo poo right now. He's talking about how after he's done playing D3 he's transitioning into full time FF14 streamer. apparently not being able to ignore literally every mob in act 1 is just too much.

btw, reaper is loving super rear end trash garbage, to the point where it is very likely bugged: https://streamable.com/snboh4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Explosive Concoction allows you to use either a quiver or a shield. It doesn't feel great without utility supports.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Can I get a guild invite? Account is ProAtWorkHere

edit: do we not use 5555 anymore? haven't seen anyone talking in it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

nightwisher posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Account is ProAtWorkHere

edit: do we not use 5555 anymore? haven't seen anyone talking in it

Need a character name

Plenty of people on 5555 in SC, probably a different story if you're HC/SSF though.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Need a character name

Plenty of people on 5555 in SC, probably a different story if you're HC/SSF though.

TheForbiddenSexpedition is my incredibly witty character name.

Turns out my global was on channel 8144 which is, odd lol

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

InventorOfTrees posted:

I was super critical of the notes and I will admit I thoroughly enjoyed Act 1, and was actually disapointed when I got to Act 2 and the difficulty dropped so sharply.

lmao his stream is some good poo poo right now. He's talking about how after he's done playing D3 he's transitioning into full time FF14 streamer. apparently not being able to ignore literally every mob in act 1 is just too much.

I legit feel like some people are just burned out from playing POE for years and years at this point. No game is going to keep your attention forever, it's fine.

Then again, Tyty's whole schtick was levelling through the acts insanely fast, right? I suppose the changes are going to make it an entirely different game for him compared to how it feels for the rest of us plebs.

InventorOfTrees posted:

btw, reaper is loving super rear end trash garbage, to the point where it is very likely bugged: https://streamable.com/snboh4

I was expecting "garbage" to mean it was worse than a golem despite the downsides, not actively shittier than a single zombie/skeleton with the same investment :psyduck:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Deki posted:

Then again, Tyty's whole schtick was levelling through the acts insanely fast, right?

I thought his schtick was immediately getting one-upped by tie23he

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

InventorOfTrees posted:

lmao his stream is some good poo poo right now. He's talking about how after he's done playing D3 he's transitioning into full time FF14 streamer. apparently not being able to ignore literally every mob in act 1 is just too

Ggg choosing to cut their rebalancing teeth on act 1 is still hilarious to me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Clockwerk posted:

Ggg choosing to cut their rebalancing teeth on act 1 is still hilarious to me

more people play a1 than reach maps = more metrics!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Act 1 was fine

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

Act 1 was fine

No it was still too easy.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

euphronius posted:

Act 1 was fine

Outside of the very beginning of the act, I couldn't tell what the changes were outside of the map bosses getting retooled and a few mobs like the suicide bombers being more threatening.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Deki posted:

Outside of the very beginning of the act, I couldn't tell what the changes were outside of the map bosses getting retooled and a few mobs like the suicide bombers being more threatening.

Mostly just mobs are actually faster than the player, so you have to deal with a lot of them rather than run past them. Chris pointed out that prior to this update, there wasn't a single monster in the entirety of act 1 with a faster base movespeed than the player.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

InventorOfTrees posted:

Something is very wrong there, Ventrua has been smoothly clearing the game on Reaper and is now #4 on the HCSSF ladder.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

A1 changes are fine imo. It feels like a good mix of difficulty, at least for someone that's played the game a lot. Newer players may struggle a bit with it and I kinda wish they had started with A10 and worked back because of this.

Through A4 so far. The changes overall haven't made the campaign too much of a slog yet. Really the only part that I'm worried about now is if later labs are a bit more dangerous with the puncture/bleed changes. Barring that, next big test is to see if mapping sucks rear end now or not.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

The Brutus change is super troll-y and just emphasizes how lovely the walk through that hallway is. Unless you can just walk into his normal room so if you die you're right there?

League mechanic is decent so far.

The first few zones of act 1 are extremely dangerous now, getting stun locked and frozen with no recourse is not fun.

it's so stupid I hate it lol. i almost never rip to Brutus but I got epically chain hooked through a wall and then ate a ground pound combo to the face and died. Then I had to walk for literally 2 minutes back to the fight because I didn't have my quick silver from the first walk up.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I finally got purged from the guild, can I please get an reinvite if there's room? Character is 'FuckedUpAndReadyToDie'

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Something is very wrong there, Ventrua has been smoothly clearing the game on Reaper and is now #4 on the HCSSF ladder.

Just checked him out and wow, yeah, he's only on a 4L too. Actually looks pretty sick.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Been playing with Voltaxic Burst a little as I level (Shadow, using Cobra Lash and Holy Flame totems to level with because synergy doesn't matter one bit right now and they're fun skills) and it's...it's interesting, it looks cool, I have no earthly idea when I'd use it for real. Totems maybe, or Battlemage's Cry (though I feel like there have got to be better choices there). Right now I charge it up a bit in case anything gets too close but I'm not sure that just blasting away with my other skills isn't just as effective.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Leveling as melee has been very painful. The trigger gems costing mana really makes it difficult to cover your bases. I died 8 times in mud flats because there was a rare and a magic pack next to one of the nests.

I think weirdly enough an archmage build is a really solid starter now. The mana changes don’t touch you, you don’t have to get in melee range, and you have a really good guard skill + some mid campaign tankiness.

This is easily my slowest league since Perandus

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Imagine playing a blizzard game in july 2021.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Great changes, made the game alot better.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

The Damage on Full Life support sure wasn't doing anything, since the reaper is at half health. I wonder if that character was lacking minion passives or something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineNurturingSkunkLitFam-XFlIdHW4feYzc6ji
https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureConsiderateArugulaRiPepperonis-t1ZrmUp8vz6L1UN0
Ya Raizqt seems to be fine too

And a ventrua clip https://clips.twitch.tv/PoliteCrazyOcelotKAPOW-NjkoU2U434XlW2pb

McFrugal posted:

The Damage on Full Life support sure wasn't doing anything, since the reaper is at half health. I wonder if that character was lacking minion passives or something?

Ya, no minion nodes, no bleed nodes, no multistrike and not using the active

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 24, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so far eye of winter traps is sick. it's like throwing a bunch of freezing buzzsaws into a room, dominus went down faster than any build i've ever played. we'll see if it holds up going forward but it seems like the potential is there

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Storm Rain is a little wonky so far but manageable and I can see how it gets silly with stacked +arrows, ASPD, and 3x mirage archers

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

idk if i got missed for a invite or not, but send one to Picklesonpizza if you'd be so kind.

i wont bother again just making sure :)

e: thanks!

Ceramics fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 24, 2021

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’m up to the beginning of a2 as 2h duelist and it’s been fine, splitting steel carries a1 hard and so does 68% cold res for merveil

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ceramics posted:

idk if i got missed for a invite or not, but send one to Picklesonpizza if you'd be so kind.

i wont bother again just making sure :)

Same for Mazeltov_Cocktail please

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mana costs were the most noticeable thing so far or maybe quicksilver flask charges

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If you aren't getting a guild invite asking here it'll be because none of the officers saw your post. If you ask in the guild invite channel on the discord they will

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I didn't notice anything different about Merveil, I do like act 1 having more enemy variety and pack size and being somewhat threatening if you try and run past everything, but I think it should really give you access to more 2-3L items early on if they are going to swarm you with hyperspeed enemies that turn into a binary "kill or be killed"

Feel like it would pair much better with the gem changes from poe2.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im at maps. havent touched league mechanics

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

docbeard posted:

Been playing with Voltaxic Burst a little as I level (Shadow, using Cobra Lash and Holy Flame totems to level with because synergy doesn't matter one bit right now and they're fun skills) and it's...it's interesting, it looks cool, I have no earthly idea when I'd use it for real. Totems maybe, or Battlemage's Cry (though I feel like there have got to be better choices there). Right now I charge it up a bit in case anything gets too close but I'm not sure that just blasting away with my other skills isn't just as effective.

I feel like it would be a good candidate for CwC or CoC-cyclone, it's got decent damage but is clunky.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I feel like it would be a good candidate for CwC or CoC-cyclone, it's got decent damage but is clunky.

The damage conversion on it is awkward, you kind of want to go Voltaxic Rift for 100% chaos but that locks you out of Cyclone setups

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So far the only change I really dislike is the flask one. Act 1 changes were fine, its fun knowing roas can gently caress your poo poo up. I havent seen a whole lot of the relative power decline yet from skill gems affecting me a whole lot. Reaper has potential but doesn't seem to be eating srs, def eating skellys though. No issue keeping it alive right now with a few life leach and life nodes, will see at maps though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Imagine playing a blizzard game in july 2021.

Uninstall Destiny 2!