Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

punk may not like working his way up to television but he needs to humble himself before the wrestling audience who aren't sure whether or not he's truly sorry for what he did to them. what you do is basically run Christian's in-ring debut but on a lower tier with lesser stakes. have him go 15 minutes with the screaming guy from private party and barely win. then move him onto a mini-feud with aew dark's ryan mantell where punk wins the rubber match. after that he's ready for a feud with luther. on the go-home episode of rampage you run a quick 30 second promo advertising for their free kickoff match for the ppv. if everything clears and he looks like he could still be one of the boys in the back you unleash him. now he's ready to interrupt kenny omega interviews or start a feud with kenta revolving around the GTS that continues over in NJPW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bring in Punk, have him job to somebody who is actually over. That's right, I'm of course talking about Fuego del Sol.

Fuego's signed Dynamite debut gonna get a bigger pop than Punk.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Punk has to do the same trials/run the gauntlet story that Jericho is doing with the Inner Circle except it's with the Wingmen.

Tune in to Dark Elevation for the CM Punk/JD Drake "No Rules Match"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Fuego's signed Dynamite debut gonna get a bigger pop than Punk.

I hope Bryan's debut gets Raw after Wrestlemania'd except the crowd demands Fuego

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just came back from some shopping. Being in spain, the little group that watches some wrestling in this country, stick to WWE. I have a few coworkers that keep watching it by pure intertia and I showed them AEW months ago, and they're enjoying pro wrestling again. Anyways, I put a few days ago Penta's theme on my phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLnqEdCXd-k

So, my gf called me when I was at Costco and this theme sounds loving loud on my phone. A security guy next to me turned around and did the loving Zero Miedo taunt. Never seen a wrestling gesture in here since early 2000's.

FUCKIN' PRO WRESTLING :getin:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe it was a coincidental taunt

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Buying a box of Palets Bretons cookies while actually on a diet just to save them for weekends means I have ZERO MIEDO :diet:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That's Tablet Guy. He's going to be the new big thing on here in a few weeks.
Book Tablet Guy vs. Nakazawa

I hope in like 3 months Orange Cassidy has a tough matchup, does the usual pockets spot and pulls out the brass knucks.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Book Tablet Guy vs. Nakazawa

I hope in like 3 months Orange Cassidy has a tough matchup, does the usual pockets spot and pulls out the brass knucks.

best friends are turning heel and they're gonna split everyone's wigs open

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Conspiracy theory time: since SRS reported both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk going to AEW based on what “someone high up in WWE” told him, who do we think it is?

My guess is HHH thinking he’s hurting AEW by ruining surprises which is absolutely going to backfire

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought the report was with someone who had contacts in AEW

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cavauro posted:

Lmao

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The source is a mysterious man using the pseudonym ”Chasm Cumm”

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Conspiracy theory time: since SRS reported both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk going to AEW based on what “someone high up in WWE” told him, who do we think it is?

My guess is HHH thinking he’s hurting AEW by ruining surprises which is absolutely going to backfire

Whomever leaked it talks too much, or is trying to do what you suggested. I honestly could see it being either.

Constraints are a good thing as they force you to be creative. This is just another thing that Tony will book as best he can given the circumstances - which he seems to excel at.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Next level conspiracy: HHH is mad that NXT is labeled as developmental and Kross got buried, so he doesn't give a poo poo about keeping secrets that create buzz for AEW.

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 24, 2021

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bryan should join the Wingnen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bryan to Wingmen, CM Punk to Bear Country.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CM Punk is going to show Private Party how great they could be if they would just drink water instead of *not water*

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Bryan to Wingmen, CM Punk to Bear Country.

Straight Bear Society

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Triple H sabotaging WWE in his grandest burial yet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"yeah... that'll make number go up" - trible h

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

"yeah... that'll make number go up" - trible h

His friend Mark keeps telling him how good AEW is and he's sick of hearing about it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

The Danielson stuff allegedly comes from that. The Punk thing comes from WWE apparently strongly believing he's signed with AEW.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk should feud with Lance Archer for the NJPW US title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

For Punk I believe that's the case

For Bryan reports have been coming out earlier in the month that WWE's moving forward without plans for him, expecting he's gone/not coming back (significantly different/change from when his contract first expired where they thought he just needed a break). Not in 2K22, etc

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drakkel posted:

To be fair a lot of Vince's worst traits have always been there. He was booking people in the most vindictive and petty ways he could think of in the 80's, he was always obsessed with big guys at the expense of the guys who could actually wrestle, he always had a tendency to change course and drop things on a whim (ie; the whole Lex Express thing, changing his mind and having Bret lose to Yokozuna at the last minute, etc), and he was always desperate to make WWE into a main stream pop culture empire out of some deep-seeded embarrassment of being a wrestling guy or whatever. Those bad habits were always there, they just slowly got worse and worse and worse as he get older and delegated less and less until it reached the point that he seems borderline senile while still micromanaging every single little thing the entire billion dollar corporation days all day every day.

The big change was really the Network replacing PPV for the WWE. Yeah Vince always had these faults and always pushing big guys over talent but if something didn't draw he would change direction (it sometimes took awhile see Diesel's long run of not drawing). With the Network/Peacock you have a consistent revenue stream and thus everyone up top including Vince thinks everything is working. Heck it's probably to Vince the ideal WWE!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Punk should feud with Lance Archer for the NJPW US title.

...Danielson winning the US title would actually make a ton of sense. He gets to work New Japan dates and talent, and gets a featured, high profile spot in AEW without needing to crowd out someone else really.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AEW just did a tweet promoting the upcoming Fight For The Fallen Card:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1418955380311396354

And every match on it contains something that would have been a huge surprise to me watching Fight For The Fallen two years ago.

"Okay, so EYFBO from Beyond are going to be major babyfaces and face off against The Revival, who jumped from WWE about a year ago. Lance Archer works for AEW now, but he's also IWGP champion and he's going to be defending his title against Hikuleo, who doesn't work for AEW but the two companies are working together. There's a five on five match between The Elite, who are now bad guys and include the Good Brothers, who are Impact tag champions, and the team of Hangman Page and The Dark Order, who are now good guys and include Alex Reynolds and John Silver, also from Beyond. Oh, and Chris Jericho is feuding with MJF, who is making him face Nick Gage in a No Rules match."

"Okay, that all sounds wild, but what were you saying about a pandemic?"

"Oh, you'll find out."

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So I had to take a bit of a step back to think about this.

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are two of the biggest stars.

Tell me that in 2004.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kenny needs to lose the mustache; he looks like Al Snow in that pic

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Davros1 posted:

in thumbnail he looks like brunette Sheamus

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Davros1 posted:

He's going for smarm and it don't get much smarmier than Snow.

receipts:

https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1301969320281624583?s=20

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Weekend thought popped into my head: Hangman's theme needs to be remixed so that the opening bell note is really loud like in Rocky. He's the executioner! The bell should signal his arrival

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m so excited for Charlotte but honestly even being vaccinated I’m a little worried about being in a giant room full or people. I guess I’ll probably still wear a mask.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Kenny Omega basically all but confirmed Punk and DB signed during his WON interview, but I think it's different leaks on different ships. No one in WWE thought DB was signing with AEW, they thought he was retiring or taking big time off, so that has to be someone from AEW (and SRS basically said that). Punk could have 100% been Triple H or one his lackies trying to ruin a surprise and building up hype instead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

So I had to take a bit of a step back to think about this.

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are two of the biggest stars.

Tell me that in 2004.

good post from 2011. just joshing

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Kenny Omega basically all but confirmed Punk and DB signed during his WON interview, but I think it's different leaks on different ships. No one in WWE thought DB was signing with AEW, they thought he was retiring or taking big time off, so that has to be someone from AEW (and SRS basically said that). Punk could have 100% been Triple H or one his lackies trying to ruin a surprise and building up hype instead.

If this turns out true, I don't think spoiling Punk signing for AEW ruins the surprise. People will pop regardless. And being honest, It would be hilarious that Triple H is undermining WWE and ends with NXT splitting from it in the future once Vince stops squeezing the company.

I'd love TBS getting back the rights and all WCW content, ECW stuff sold aswell and WWE being just RAW/Smackdown again so the execs can still think about money while the ship sinks.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m so excited for Charlotte but honestly even being vaccinated I’m a little worried about being in a giant room full or people. I guess I’ll probably still wear a mask.

I'm probably going to stay masked at the Chicago tapings even though our vaccination rates here are decent, I'm just not interested in taking a risk in such a big crowd.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope when you go to charlotte you don't get lost. i hope you are able to "recognize" where you are, when it comes to charlotte. aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
There's a taping right by my home, so I caved. If August is going to be Kill Team for me, September's going to be AEW. It's a great season to indulge in my shameless hobbies.