Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you scroll down and it just keeps getting worse somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I work in the old folks home in Wilmington delaware and I am here to inform you that Joe Biden has to come back every weekend or else he gets confused and lost from sundowning if he doesn't get back in his malt shop decorated rumpus room. I take no pleasure in reporting this HIPAA violation.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Maybe we've been too harsh on Hillary Clinton in regards to Benghazi

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vilerat got what he deserved, imo

also lol D&D has always been a beacon for racists and imperialists

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hatebag posted:

Evilweasel used to probe people for posting the laughable xhosa girl post. A real sack of poo poo baby man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's actually really loving funny that the guy who thought he was some kinda expert on the savagery of Africa got loving owned in Africa because we kept loving around with it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

it's actually really loving funny that the guy who thought he was some kinda expert on the savagery of Africa got loving owned in Africa because we kept loving around with it

how can you say he isn’t an expert now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Vilerat at the CIA lunchroom at the embassy between Eve sessions: "You know these people are inherently savage. You all know that laughable Xhosa girl right? Hey what's that it sounds like our gate being blown up"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Vilerat at the CIA lunchroom at the embassy between Eve sessions: "You know these people are inherently savage. You all know that laughable Xhosa girl right? Hey what's that it sounds like our gate being blown up"

This is grossly inaccurate.

He was saying this on Teamspeak while playing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sexpig by night posted:

lol yeah

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

as I recall the line was actually "poo poo, gunfire" and it was in the goon eve irc

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Ehhh… Not really. I’d say most people in DnD are liberals at best.

Who the gently caress are you to gatekeep who is a leftist and who isn't?

quote:

The issue is no one you can vote for believes in climate change, and even if there is someone by a miracle who comes along who does, and is in a position to win, the entire government is set up to make sure they'll be powerless if they get into office.

Patently false statement, and again this is more "Both sides are bad" poo poo, despite the fact that we've frequently shown that there is very much a belief in Climate Change in the Democrats, if they didn't believe in it they wouldn't have bothered undoing Trump's deregulation push and de-enforcement of environmental enforcement.

Sorry they don't believe in it as much as you do, since apparently you set the standard.

Catpetter1981 has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Jul 24, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
should be obvious to anyone that gatekeeping is an essential part of effective leftism otherwise you get infiltrated and taken down in no time

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Excelzior posted:

you scroll down and it just keeps getting worse somehow

I like still uspol posting poster “archangelwar” claiming that imperialism was the only thing that civilized the savages but that also overpopulated Africa with the inferior Africans

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://twitter.com/summer7570/status/1418696342843633666

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lol

Vilerat just before the end: "if only we're had colonized harder, this would have never happened!"

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That's a really unpleasant read. I'm glad Vilerat got Benghazi'ed now.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A full page of people in D&D happily cheerleading rich white colonialists pillaging and subjugating an entire race of people? Couldn't be Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela, Syria, Honduras, Libya, Palestine,

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I work in the old folks home in Wilmington delaware and I am here to inform you that Joe Biden has to come back every weekend or else he gets confused and lost from sundowning if he doesn't get back in his malt shop decorated rumpus room. I take no pleasure in reporting this HIPAA violation.

:patriot:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Beginning to have conflicting feelings about Crooked Hillary and Benjamin Ghazi.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hillary was right about vilerat and she was right about bernie sanders.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

if only Maddow knew about eve, she could have blamed Benghazi on Russians

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

whoops I think I got that post mixed
up with the dinosaur jerk satire about “here we find a great cultural wasteland”

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

How does it just keep getting worse? lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sedisp posted:

Voting mattered, that they were able to throw out those votes was because of issues with the votes themselves that let the SCOTUS justify tossing them, if there had been no problems with the hanging chads etc then the SCOTUS would not have had the opportunity because the state would have been called appropriately and Bush would have conceded.

and people say JEB! can't get it done

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1418756787071852544

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hillary clinton talking about eve online still feels surreal somehow even after weirdness has accelerated endlessly since

Crusader has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Jul 24, 2021

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

underrated part of the laughable xhosa girl post is that all of that poo poo is just racist boer/rhodesian propaganda justifying why its okay to colonize southern africa and extirpate the people who live there. like the three brutal "tribes" he brings up are either in what is now south africa or zimbabwe. plus, uh, hottentot is really not the preferred terminology, and was considered extremely racist even in 2005. dylann roof rear end post. hail benghazi.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vilerat hosed around and found out.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is anecdotal, of course, but a while back I asked one of the authors of the scientific side of the IPCC report about the contention that there wasn't any real difference between Republicans and Democrats in terms of climate. The verbatim response was "The people who say that are crazy." So apparently the climate scientists (or at least the one I was talking to) disagree with you there.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Catpetter1981 posted:

This is anecdotal, of course, but a while back I asked one of the authors of the scientific side of the IPCC report about the contention that there wasn't any real difference between Republicans and Democrats in terms of climate. The verbatim response was "The people who say that are crazy." So apparently the climate scientists (or at least the one I was talking to) disagree with you there.

Yeah I talked to the guy who was involved in some of the mechanical side of the car manual and he said it’s supposed to make that noise.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/1418873593644072961?s=20

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I don't know the actual history behind this but would I be close in guessing that if there was wide scale agricultural destruction that killed Xhosa people en masse it was done by the colonial invaders rather than the Xhosa themselves at the behest of a craaazy prophetess and the former just invented the story

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

I thought Laughable Xhosa Girl was a username, this is just amazingly terrible.

lol that vilerat is still a mod.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shipon posted:

why are they so mad at people who say they don't think voting doesn't matter? what's wrong, are they insecure in their belief that the system works that they need to yell at people who imply otherwise?

Someone else mentioned the "terror at losing" (this is also part of why they get mad if you criticize Democrats - they view it as people threatening a precarious situation where the "fascists" might take over), but I think the more important element is that they have a certain idea in their head of what a "non-voting leftist" is like and they loving despise that person. They think that anyone who doesn't support mainstream political institutions is a stupid child and causing the poor and minorities (who they believe are on their side and support them) to suffer.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

Someone else mentioned the "terror at losing" (this is also part of why they get mad if you criticize Democrats - they view it as people threatening a precarious situation where the "fascists" might take over), but I think the more important element is that they have a certain idea in their head of what a "non-voting leftist" is like and they loving despise that person. They think that anyone who doesn't support mainstream political institutions is a stupid child and causing the poor and minorities (who they believe are on their side and support them) to suffer.

Yep, and because they see liberal democracy as the only viable way to organize society (or at least the obviously best way) they see any attempts to point out the failures of this system as saying that nothing matters and we should all just lay down and die.

So if we can only do liberal democracy and we are only allowed 2 parties and one of those are as obviously horrifically evil as the Republicans then that means that we MUST support the Democrats. That's why they are always framed as flawed but well meaning. Getting them to understand that the Democrats are not only a part of the same brutal corrupt system, but a necessary part of it, would mean a total collapse of their worldview.

They need something they can grow onto so that they don't see abandoning the Democratic party as abandoning everything they ever believed in, and that's where the immortal science comes in, but it seems that getting them to read a book is quite the sticking point.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I thought Laughable Xhosa Girl was a username, this is just amazingly terrible.

lol that vilerat is still a mod.

I mean if you think about it bring forced to moderate d&d until the end of time is already a pretty significant punishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Vilerat still being a mod is like D&D's confederate statue.