Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cavauro posted:

i hope when you go to charlotte you don't get lost. i hope you are able to "recognize" where you are, when it comes to charlotte. aew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsZTFSfXaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Living Colour apparently started following AEW on twitter.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember when NXT cut to a shot of Britt Baker in the crowd of a Takeover? You know HHH was hoping that would get her fired from AEW

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Pylons posted:

They sure did.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

If I get lost in Charlotte I will simply go to a Bojangles.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

This gives the rumors more credibility than anything so far, IMO....

drat now I am loving pumped I got combo tickets to all 3 shows in Chicago. This could be a louder pop than MITB 2021

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tony's just getting Cult of Personality for MJF

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Daztek posted:

I'm not even as high on MJF as most people are but I'd die laughing if this happened.

However, if Punk is going to debut in Chicago I'm wondering if they just have him come out in front of the crowd or if they hype up a match with the actual debut being in Chicago. If him and Colt really have patched things up, Second City Saints vs Good Brothers might be a good one to go with. It ties into the Elite vs Dark Order story. Gallows and Punk have known each other for years so are good working with each other. A tag match helps hide Punks' rust after so long out and Colt/Anderson are good hands who can get a good match out of this.

EDIT: You could even have Punk be a VERY obvious "mystery" tag partner if you want to save the announcement pop for Chicago

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 24, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Daztek posted:

The idea from earlier in the thread is so god drat perfect. Cult of Personality starts playing at the Chicago event, crowd goes nuts. MJF walks out to make fun of them for being rubes who believe everything they read.

And then Miseria Cantare hits.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m so excited for Charlotte
wrong company op

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

and out walks Braun Strowman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can it be a better AFI song instead

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

and out walks Braun Strowman

Just a two hour stream of fakeouts that somehow ends with Vince wrestling Shane.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
punk will come out to a 100 gecs song to collective goon confusion

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Alaois posted:

they'd have to record one

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Really looking forward to next week because I've always liked Survivor Series matches a heckuva lot and I miss the days when a PPV would have four or five of them on the card. They'd fit AEW with its more stable-based structure a lot better than WWE these days, too.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

Bryan Danielson comes out to Miss Murder.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The idea from earlier in the thread is so god drat perfect. Cult of Personality starts playing at the Chicago event, crowd goes nuts. MJF walks out to make fun of them for being rubes who believe everything they read.

AEW isn't gonna screw with its fans like that, not with Punk debuting in AEW and returning for the first time in 7 years. Punk debuting will be pretty straight forward, MJF will probably do something like this on a Dynamite after

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Hefty Leftist posted:

AEW isn't gonna screw with its fans like that, not on Punk's first debut after returning for the first time in 7 years. Punk debuting will be pretty straight forward, MJF will probably do something like this on a Dynamite after

that is pretty straightforward and would get a much larger pop because of the initial, very short disappointment. + it would be memorable as hell

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And it might set up MJF and Punk immediately for a program which would probably be rad as hell.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i mean why would they do it on a dynamite after that makes literally 0 sense, the debut has already happened at that point, why would they be tricked by a different theme song. talk about WWE brain

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE Brain would be Punk or Bryan or both would just randomly debut and then get rolled by Baron Corbin in 45 seconds for their debut match.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doing ‘Cult of Personality - MJF fakeout - Miseria Cantare - CM Punk appears’ is dumb because Cult of Personality is objectively the better theme and he’d be stuck using the lovely AFI song for the rest of his AEW run.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they'd have to record one

I don't like this post

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Drakkel posted:

WWE Brain would be Punk or Bryan or both would just randomly debut and then get rolled by Baron Corbin in 45 seconds for their debut match.

"the RAW after" being when anything interesting happens is terminal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Doing ‘Cult of Personality - MJF fakeout - Miseria Cantare - CM Punk appears’ is dumb because Cult of Personality is objectively the better theme and he’d be stuck using the lovely AFI song for the rest of his AEW run.

:yeah:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJF comes out to Cult of Personality, CM Punk comes out to Open Letter To A Landlord

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Punk will be one of the Labors of Jericho

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
MJF comes out to Cult of Personality. The lights go off. The lights come on. MJF is still in the ring

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Really looking forward to next week because I've always liked Survivor Series matches a heckuva lot and I miss the days when a PPV would have four or five of them on the card. They'd fit AEW with its more stable-based structure a lot better than WWE these days, too.

The problem with Survivor Series is WWE killed it by never having it involve any actual storylines anymore, and instead just making it so every November every wrestler on Raw and Smackdown suddenly start hating each other and doing run-ins wearing color-coded t-shirts completely ignoring all existing storylines/feuds and face/heel alignments until they do the big 5v5 match that nobody gains or loses a single thing from.

This made even dumber by the fact that it usually happens shortly after they do a Draft and so you have people suddenly being ITENSLY LOYAL to a brand they've been on for 3 weeks.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

MotU posted:

MJF comes out to Cult of Personality. The lights go off. The lights come on. MJF is now a skeleton.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

NutritiousSnack posted:

Punk could have 100% been Triple H or one his lackies trying to ruin a surprise and building up hype instead.

Punk and HHH are still close to talk about stuff like that?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

MotU posted:

MJF comes out to Cult of Personality. The lights go off. The lights come on. MJF is still in the ring

:bisonyes:

I'm fantasy booking like a dumbass teenage me. Wrestling is good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rantmo posted:

I'm probably going to stay masked at the Chicago tapings even though our vaccination rates here are decent, I'm just not interested in taking a risk in such a big crowd.

I'm thinking the same at this point. Thankfully I don't wear my glasses to wrestling (I'm nearsighted, so wrestling is fine) so no worries about fogging.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m so excited for Charlotte but honestly even being vaccinated I’m a little worried about being in a giant room full or people. I guess I’ll probably still wear a mask.

I wore a mask at the Austin show and I was pleased to see a decent number of others still wearing them, too. It feels a little weird putting one on when most of the people there aren't wearing them, but that feeling wears off quickly. Do you!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Is there a way to legally watch AEW dynamite after it airs? I have to deal with stupid horse bullshit so I habe to work through the show and i am seriously considering getting DVR from my cable company monday.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 24, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Jericho has to win a straight edge match

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Waffleopolis posted:

Is there a way to legally watch AEW dynamite after it airs? I have to deal with stupid horse bullshit so I habe to work through the show and 8 am seriously considering getting DVR from my cable company monday.

TNTDrama.com.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wore a mask at the Austin show and I was pleased to see a decent number of others still wearing them, too. It feels a little weird putting one on when most of the people there aren't wearing them, but that feeling wears off quickly. Do you!

Wear a neckerchief mask and feel like a cool badass outlaw like Adam Page or PnP. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Waffleopolis posted:

Is there a way to legally watch AEW dynamite after it airs? I have to deal with stupid horse bullshit so I habe to work through the show and 8 am seriously considering getting DVR from my cable company monday.

If your cable provider has TNT, the TNT app streams the east coast version at 8pm est and then for the west coast at their time. If you’re on the west coast and your horse problems would have you occupied at 8 or if you’re not in the US, I don’t know.