Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Herman the Heathen

TegneHanne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 11/24/46
Wait, how did they get the money back from Squabb? He won that fair and square.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (November 8, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 8, 1999)

Same on "tenny shoes" as a kid, which is funny since I hadn't thought about that in a long time. My parents are boomers and they (and I) grew up on the Gulf Coast, which tracks with what I know about Jimmy Johnson.

Garfield Classic (November 8, 1989)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

Wait, how did they get the money back from Squabb? He won that fair and square.

Squabb was in on the movie studio’s whole production, missing baby and all. It was fraud.

Now this is how you do a comic about fuckin on the funny pages.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Wack sleep schedule double posting!

Classic Zits

I really love these. That feeling of “everybody knows we like each other, including us, but GOD FORBID we ever say it out loud to each other” is so true and so high school.

Also TOOLS TOOLS TOOLS. I think this might be the first dick joke I ever “got” without someone explaining it to me.

Sylvia

An A+ couple of strips imo. For context, RU-486 was the first commercial medication explicitly intended to induce medical abortion.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 24, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Green Intern posted:

Squabb was in on the movie studio’s whole production, missing baby and all. It was fraud.
It was a reward for finding the baby's parents, right? And he did. The whole thing was a bizarre setup, but it's not like he tricked them into offering the reward. He just happened to be extremely well placed to collect on it.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Tiggum posted:

It was a reward for finding the baby's parents, right? And he did. The whole thing was a bizarre setup, but it's not like he tricked them into offering the reward. He just happened to be extremely well placed to collect on it.

Except that they weren't the parents, because the adoption hadn't gone through all the way.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

If someone arranges an elaborate scenario where there is a “lost baby” and then collects reward money from their rival who is earnestly trying to find the baby’s parents, I think that’s fraud. It’s at the very least bad publicity.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "143 - Jucika Doesn't Want To Be Late"

"144 - Jucika Teaches To Sell"

"Listen here you little poo poo."

"145 - Jucika Is Shopping" NSFW Nudity

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 26, 1946)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Magnus_Sprengtporten
The comic has been skipping a lot of political shenanigans. Currently the lower classes have been trying to strip the power from the aristocracy.

Meanwhile the aristocracy is trying to return the power to the king, because they see it as a preferable option compared to a republic. Bernhard Bertelsköld has been shown to sabotaging this attempt by riling up the other classes, but AFAIK his motivations have not been explained.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

If someone arranges an elaborate scenario where there is a “lost baby” and then collects reward money from their rival who is earnestly trying to find the baby’s parents, I think that’s fraud. It’s at the very least bad publicity.

Well, it appears someone at the Trib hosed up -- the strip that ran on 11/24/46 was actually supposed to run the next Sunday, and Messick has another week of wrap-up to do on the Baby Hoo story. So let's see if it answers people's questions.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/23/01

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 11/25-27/46

Smokey Stover 5/31/42

Richard's Poor Almanac

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
No re-introduction for Gawain? Not even a "Hi" or a catching-up?

Also, I find the idea of King Arthur the ginger hilarious.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (May 26, 1946)

Gosh. Wonder who that is.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Fighting Trousers posted:

Gosh. Wonder who that is.

I wonder who she stole the armor from.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

why does he keep going to these places then

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Shugojin posted:

because his bitch of a wife keeps making him

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Shugojin posted:

kidcoelacanth posted:

because his bitch of a wife keeps making him

It's seriously baffling. It's happened several times already. He loving knows the portions at fine dining, high class restaurants won't fill him up. I just have to ask: my dude, have you ever heard of "pregaming"? Just eat a sandwich or something beforehand, so you'll be able to enjoy the food while still being full at the end of the night.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikl posted:

It's seriously baffling. It's happened several times already. He loving knows the portions at fine dining, high class restaurants won't fill him up. I just have to ask: my dude, have you ever heard of "pregaming"? Just eat a sandwich or something beforehand, so you'll be able to enjoy the food while still being full at the end of the night.

Alternately, he could try not being a whiny entitled rear end in a top hat for one night in his life.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dustin has been running for 11 years and I don't think there has been meaningful character growth during that time. You're not supposed to expect these characters to have depth. They exist only to deliver seven mediocre gags/week.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh my god, can we loving kill the "Moths eat clothes lol" trope?

That is a loving antique joke. They dug that poo poo up out of a peat moss bog.

Has ANYONE here actually had moth larva eat some of their clothes?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
hey check this 9CL out

:nws::nws::nws:

https://i.imgur.com/Q3NUT7p.gif

:nws::nws::nws:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Immediately after the doctor told him he needs to lose weight.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yep, that's a sex scene.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WHY DID I CLICK THAT

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shugojin posted:

He's a rich lawyer and needs to be seen by his fellow rich lawyers eating at fancy places.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

One of the things that bugs me the most about Dustin - among many things that bug me about Dustin - is how they seem to represent the family as a regular everyday middle class family when in reality he's a rich loving lawyer and she's a quasi-celebrity radio host, meaning that they're multimillionare bourgeois shitbirds.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

I still wonder why she puts up with Fi calling her "freak." It's seriously unsettling.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mikl posted:

I still wonder why she puts up with Fi calling her "freak." It's seriously unsettling.

everyone in this strip has terrible stockholm syndrome regarding their employer and coworkers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

yeah “post”

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Mikl posted:

quote:

This is incredibly dumb.
It sort of reminds me of a stage-magician-hypno-whatsit version of those old theories on vision that hypothesized your eyes were shooting little seeing-beams at things.

One Hell of an Opening Sentence posted:

Emission theory or extramission theory (variants: extromission) or extromissionism is the proposal that visual perception is accomplished by eye beams emitted by the eyes.

amigolupus posted:

The way the Trails don't deny anything and instead outright tell their enemies what they've done is really baffling. I guess it's because the setting, stakes and the enemies are all grounded in reality which makes it weird when Mark and Cherry get caught but still manage to get away scot-free (see: the whole speedboat chase scene).
I think the general vibe I've gotten is that both Mark and Cherry share common traits of being chaotic and capable of great destruction while being lousy and/or remorseful at consistent, organized deception.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

For my birthday a couple years back, my partner and I went to a fancy cocktail bar's tasting menu thing. Everything was delicious, but also tiny. So we went and got pupusas afterward and then to karaoke and it was a very nice birthday.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If all that matters to you is quantity, go to a loving buffet.
*reading paper* "Oh Maramaduke, you're too big for that chair! Let's see what else the funny pages has for me...Ah here something called '9 Chickweed Lane'? Hm, well I'll give it a—oh my God."

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"How about 'Lizzie Borden'?"

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G has updated at last. I've got a thing to do this afternoon, so I'll get the ones we missed and post them all a little later. Try to maintain composure in the meantime.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

We're meant to think "all these rules have killed the romance" but it's really "Bernice and Nil are just now realizing that they're exhibitionists."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: deception (September 2-8, 2002)

I thought this was a solid gag. Hacking the warren? No biggie. An intellectually dishonest fake score on the scampering test? How DARE you sir!