Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

emi and deeb are going to crank out one hell of a future division. wish aew could hire lance storm as well for this.

Emi watching the first Deeb/Riho match was wonderful. She went from not knowing a thing about her to being a huge fan in the course of 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RandolphCarter posted:

I’m watching the random dynamite episodes on my dvr that I never got around to, man the blood and guts match between the inner circle and the pinnacle was great.

sammy's c2c was metal as gently caress

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

sammy's c2c was metal as gently caress

the spanish fly off the ropes was bonkers

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Ricky Starks is loving awesome.

I know that the thread is talking about other stuff but I just wanted to say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSdGat6ryBk

Yes, yes he is. Really hope that tweet the other day mean's Stroke Daddy is on the way to TV.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

the spanish fly off the ropes was bonkers

"A SPANISH FLY IS A TOP ROPE MOVE, THE STANDING VERSION IS THE VARIATION" -johnblud

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

"A SPANISH FLY IS A TOP ROPE MOVE, THE STANDING VERSION IS THE VARIATION" -johnblud

I didn't realize I was johnblud.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I didn't realize I was johnblud.

he went off when he was playing one of the lovely WWE 2k20 dlcs where one of the match goals was to hit an Avalanche Spanish Fly.

"YOU PUT SOME GODDAMN RESPECT ON THE SATs"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Spanish announce team was amazing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
looks like nick's gonna be extra mad wednesday

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Should AEW just announce Punk this week? It's announce and he'll appear at All Out. That will boost sales and prep viewers for the other dates. They can keep Danielson for Grand Slam but use Punk as a booster for All Out.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

RealFoxy posted:

The Young Bucks always troll in their header, it means nothing

Gonna be real mad at AEW if the rumours they didn't start or spread turn out to be false!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waffleopolis posted:

Should AEW just announce Punk this week? It's announce and he'll appear at All Out. That will boost sales and prep viewers for the other dates. They can keep Danielson for Grand Slam but use Punk as a booster for All Out.
All Out is in a month, they should hint there's a huge announcement on Rampage and then that would actually deliver.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Punk is doing to drive a Tesla Cybertruck out to the ring while a bass-boosted version of Cult of Personality plays over the soundsystem and it’s gonna make the Jericho WWF debut pop sound like a series of polite golf claps.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The middle part of the stage comes up to reveal Downstait covering Cult of Personality as Cody emerges to show off his new Chicago flag trunks. He just really wanted to let everyone know he and Brandi have decided to move to the Midwest. He is confused by the boos, completely unaware why people are disappointed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A couple months later Ride of the Valkyries plays and Cody emerges onto the stage pointing to the sky and yelling "YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" and still can't understand why everyone's booing him. He's just super excited to show you all his new beard.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Emi better be doing her women's tournament gimmick when she comes back to America. Give her a crop of young wrestlers to lead — like, I dunno, Hirsch/King/Wrenkowski? Maybe sub Penelope in there if you wanna focus on signed people? It can basically be HFO for the women's division, lets you actually establish a midcard there

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys, it's me.

I'm CM Bryanson. And I'm All Elite. See you on Thursday, on TMC.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Emi better be doing her women's tournament gimmick when she comes back to America. Give her a crop of young wrestlers to lead — like, I dunno, Hirsch/King/Wrenkowski? Maybe sub Penelope in there if you wanna focus on signed people? It can basically be HFO for the women's division, lets you actually establish a midcard there

From her tweet she's doing the queen gimmick. It'd be absolutely foolish not to use her in a Matt Hardy kind of way, especially for the women's division wrestlers who need a bit more oomph to their character.

I just hope they listen to her, the success of ChocoPro and Ice Ribbon training might be hard to convey.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bryan should show up on Dynamite with a Chernobyl liquidator gimmick.

Shoveling graphite into lead tombs and scanning people with a Geiger counter.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I’d like to see Danielson against Miro for the TNT belt in an open challenge situation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Guys, it's me.

I'm CM Bryanson. And I'm All Elite. See you on Thursday, on TMC.

I thought you were

SLAP JACK

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the announcers are going to say the word "Bryanson" several times, by accident, for sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

the announcers are going to say the word "Bryanson" several times, by accident, for sure

maybe jr and paul wight will

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cavauro posted:

Well, at least one of the announcers for sure.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I want -1 to cut a scathing promo on Punk in defense of Dark Order member Colt Cabana

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

I want -1 to cut a scathing promo on Punk in defense of Dark Order member Colt Cabana

*Negative One rides past on a skateboard* "CM Punk is a LOSER!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

-1 gonna drop an f bomb in defense of his friend Colt and get grounded.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

how's Adam Bomb holding up these days

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cavauro posted:

At this point he's been Daniel Bryan as long if not longer than he was Brian Danielson so I can barely blame him.
Kinda like how the Dudleyz actually spent most of their career as Team 3D/Bully Ray/Brother Devon.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 25, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

how's Adam Bomb holding up these days

i could have sworn Brian Clark died like 15 years ago but no he's apparently on twitter and is a very nice man

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Liquidator: can only stay in the ring for 30 seconds or he keels over and the opponent is guaranteed a pin so it's a series of squashes and he gets more desperate and exhausted with each one

early 90s WWF day job gimmick taken to its very extreme

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

At this point he's been Daniel Bryan as long if not longer than he was Brian Danielson so I can barely blame him.

lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

He should start working with Vic Berger

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Hell yeah, my dudes. Emi Sakura's Queen of Wrestling School gimmick in the tournament was so money to me. Super happy to have her back even if mostly just to see how hard she sells a DDTay.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gonz posted:

I think that'd guarantee a 3.6.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"somebody needs to go into that ring and do their job, they will probably die doing it, but it needs to be done"

in the ring: Miro

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

My Lovely Horse posted:

"somebody needs to go into that ring and do their job, they will probably die doing it, but it needs to be done"

in the ring: Miro

"No, not you Darby."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

i could have sworn Brian Clark died like 15 years ago but no he's apparently on twitter and is a very nice man

You're probably thinking of Brian Adams, his Kronik tag partner. He died in '07.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1419311011551760386

Buttsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that'll put britts in seats