Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Has Lance Storm disowned Cornette yet? Or at least distanced himself from him?

Coz I like Lance Storm, and think he has a good wrestling brain. Even if he does get it wrong a couple of times, (Libraries etc.) And last I heard Lance was a big fan of Cornette and Cornettes booking back in the olden days.

So I just hope Mr. Storm hasnt been Milkshake Duck-ed by association.
The Libraries tweet was 8 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

The Libraries tweet was 8 years ago

Never forgive
Never forget

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I decided to brave the segment about the Meltzer poo poo, mainly to see how they addressed the Don Callis stuff. And I realized something:

This is, in some ways, a repeat of the Wade Keller poo poo. Wade's story on the "race riot" at an SMW show in Wise, Virginia in late 1993 was really well-reported and fair, but Jim seemingly took offense to someone he thought was a friend (SMW merchandise catalogs even went out to the Torch mailing list in 1993) covering a story that reflected poorly on him and his company. In later years, he would repeatedly claim—just look up the various "Jim Cornette on Wade Keller" or "Jim Cornette on the Torch" clips from the podcast and shoot interview DVDs—that the root of the heat was that Wade "reported that SMW was going out of business soon" long before that was actually the case. I've never been able to find this story in the Torch archives and Wade has no idea what Jim is referring to in the event that he really believes that this is what happened.

Dave probably could have taken a different tact at times, but he's a reporter and pundit covering the business that Jim is in. He could never be Jim's friend first, and honestly could have easily gone harder on him once Jim went all in on the Omega pedophile poo poo or whatever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DeathChicken posted:

Apparently his goal was to gamble until he lost it all, he didn't even want what he stole

he knew he had, at best, a couple weeks till they ran him down, if he hadn't spent it by then he would have lost it all anyway

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Imagine thinking that New Jack was a better worker than Nick Gage. Putting aside the fact that New Jack has attempted to murder multiple people in the ring, it's just plain laughable.

DeathChicken posted:

Apparently his goal was to gamble until he lost it all, he didn't even want what he stole

He even told the teller that 3000 was enough. Dude was in an awful place and the robbery was clearly a cry for help.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

“argh wrestling doesn’t have enough tough guys”

“Argh that tough guy is too scary”

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"can't promo one bit" is the part that really nails down that this guy has never seen Nick Gage actually work.

Like, I can understand if people don't like deathmatches they will probably not like his natural style. If they're blinkered they may interpret that as him not being able to work. But Nick Gage is genuinely one of the most charismatic talkers in wrestling. Seeing him in Beyond and GCW, if he told the people in those rooms they were storming city hall everyone would grab a weapon.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
If even a prosecutor had sympathy for Gage, he must be the greatest person ever.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I remember a story from an old Deadlock episode where Jawnny tells the story of how Nick Gage is the sweetest person. It was in CZW, I think.
Like, he was doing audio and NIck Gage came up and was like "YEAH THAT'S SOME GOOD poo poo KEEP IT UP!"
And more stuff where he's all encouraging despite it not being anything required or expected from him, especially not to an audio guy who probably just gets told not to play New Jack's theme at best.

Speaking of: He also told the story of Mox wanting to come out to Natural Born Killaz but they didn't let him so next time Mox just went up to Jawnny and said to play it anyway.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 23, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hell, these days Nick's job is to cut cameo promos while walking around New Jersey and occasionally wrestle. The dude can loving talk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette doesn’t even have a cameo. What a loser.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hell, these days Nick's job is to cut cameo promos while walking around New Jersey and occasionally wrestle. The dude can loving talk

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

Cornette doesn’t even have a cameo. What a loser.
He does, though. Making bank on more ranting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ah well, nevertheless.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

ah well, nevertheless.
Be that as it may, and then from there, nonwithstanding...

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

davidbix posted:

He does, though. Making bank on more ranting.

"HERE'S THE THING"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
has he said anything about the crowd pops that Dark Order and Hangman are getting

if i remember right Jim insists that the dark order are still as disliked as they were back when they first arrived and were just Uno and Stu with some weird gimps and no story (i always liked the dark order, screw you jim), and that hangman used to be a rising star but that his sad cowboy storyline and association with the order has ruined him, so what's his excuse for the crowd reaction to them now that crowds are back

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RottenK posted:

has he said anything about the crowd pops that Dark Order and Hangman are getting

if i remember right Jim insists that the dark order are still as disliked as they were back when they first arrived and were just Uno and Stu with some weird gimps and no story (i always liked the dark order, screw you jim), and that hangman used to be a rising star but that his sad cowboy storyline and association with the order has ruined him, so what's his excuse for the crowd reaction to them now that crowds are back

The crowd chant Cowboy poo poo when they are bored of Hangman being there and they want him to go away.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

History Comes Inside! posted:

The crowd chant Cowboy poo poo when they are bored of Hangman being there and they want him to go away.

I continue to be amazed by the mental gymnastics of Jim and the AEW bad crowd.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

:hmmyes:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Unironic "I was chanting Boo-urns" logic. Just breathtaking.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

They're actually chanting "Cowboy's poo poo", and furthermore faaaaaaaaaaaart

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll grant him this: It's almost clever in that if someone points out that it'd be really silly to chant something that Page has said in promos as a rallying cry, or something that sounds almost indistinguishable from it, as an insult, then he can just :smug: about AEW fans being dumb so of course they'd be that stupid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no mr cornette, we're actually chanting "this COWBOY's poo poo" Get your hearing checked.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
to cornette it doesn't matter if you're over in AEW because you're only over to AEW fans and if you get over with people who aren't AEW fans they are now AEW fans so it doesn't matter

it would continue to not matter even if they sold out a 50,000 seat stadium and were getting 5 million viewers because those people are all AEW fans and not the old lady he lives near who used to go to the matches at the gardens to hook up with the wrestlers back when they were real men who had lots of sex and didnt play videogames and were tough and i wish one of them would just wrap me in their huge arms and tell me i'm one of them

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Tempted to make a Cornette music video set to Hall and Oats' "Out of Touch."

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
look you might be able to make half a million dollars and sell out arenas around the country but real wrestling success is pulling an eighty grand house in baton rouge every week for four years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about Hall and Oates "Johnny Gore and the "C" Eaters"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

King Bahamut posted:

look you might be able to make half a million dollars and sell out arenas around the country but real wrestling success is pulling an eighty grand house in baton rouge every week for four years

I’d rather have the 16 million dollars from the baton rouge shows tbh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's supposed to be half a million per show, being said. that's what bahamut meant. king of the dragons and all espers, eidolons, guardian forces and more

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’d rather have the 16 million dollars from the baton rouge shows tbh

You have to spend like 70k of it each time to cover the building, pay off the boys, pay off the cops for not arresting the boys, pay for the truck for the ring... And then the other 10k goes towards coke and meth.

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
I've been wondering for a while: do Cornette stans even enjoy any modern wrestling? All I see from them is posting about the stuff they hate and the promotions they're mad at; I can't remember ever seeing one of those folks earnestly posting about, like, an NWA show they're excited for or whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think cornette stans even watch old wrestling either

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Does Cornette even rant about WWE that much or is it all focused on AEW and the indies so he can carve his niche out as being the MAGA leader of the WWE fans

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Puppy Doll posted:

I've been wondering for a while: do Cornette stans even enjoy any modern wrestling? All I see from them is posting about the stuff they hate and the promotions they're mad at; I can't remember ever seeing one of those folks earnestly posting about, like, an NWA show they're excited for or whatever.

Hating something takes less effort than either loving it or engaging critically with it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

RealFoxy posted:

Does Cornette even rant about WWE that much or is it all focused on AEW and the indies so he can carve his niche out as being the MAGA leader of the WWE fans

He does when he watches it. He doesn’t watch it unless it’s something notable

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Stall_19 posted:

He does when he watches it. He doesn’t watch it unless it’s something notable
That makes it sounds like he doesn't watch WWE though

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

RealFoxy posted:

I'm going to guess Cornette is also one of those clearly WWE stans going "I'm no fan of WWE but AEW sucks."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RealFoxy posted:

He gives WWE their fair share of rants.

EDIT: Jesus some of these thumbnails are incredible in all the wrong ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Are these offensive? These feel like they're probably offensive.