Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/IDGAF305/status/1419103304957767685

i dont know where to begin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol you can tell that person has watched maybe a single episode of AEW programming and saw a couple headlines about Omega being the TNA champion and has been using that for months of posting energy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Similar take from one of the worst to ever do it:

https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1418662051455643651

And our hero is in the replies:

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1419096060463656966

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Easye4011/status/1417999067653750797

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NO ONE WORE VESTS IN WRESTLING BEFORE ACES & EIGHTS!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

mike kurtz out here burying jobbers what a king

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

NO ONE WORE VESTS IN WRESTLING BEFORE ACES & EIGHTS!

I mean, to be fair Jericho got the idea from the same place as Bischoff, that stupid loving biker rally that Jericho insisted on Fozzy playing at.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love to cite two year old interviews talking about the initial roster construction to try and prove a point about current free agent signings.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's true, half of AEW's champions have been former WWE castoffs and absolutely nobody else on the roster is over. Hell, Eddie Kingston was so bad he couldn't even make it into NXT.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: Sir, you are a piece of poo poo. Any questions tell my secretary.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Should we rename the thread after Mike at this point?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mike Kurtz hasn't faked his own death yet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

karmicknight posted:

You have revealed Mike's Wu Tang secret you monster

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

They could share, like the Flair/Thesz award.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: Sir, you are a piece of poo poo. Any questions tell my secretary.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
idk why brad shepard thinks adam page should be worried about punk when that's his next feud after omega and he's gonna win it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

idk why brad shepard thinks adam page should be worried about punk when that's his next feud after omega and he's gonna win it

Twenty years of WWE booking; I'm sure when Punk and Bryan debut, you'll see plenty of social media accounts accusing AEW of "wasting" them if neither get an immediate title shot/win the title immediately.

It was the same thing with Miro, with people complaining that he wasn't being given title shots right away.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brian Danielson and CM Punk have a shot at bringing in lapsed fans to AEW again. There are so many Daniel Brian and CM Punk fans that stopped watching after the godawful WWE booking and treatment of talent/fans.

It can't even be hyperbole, think about how many people were chanting YES with Daniel Bryan in that cage match against Bray Wyatt where he turned and WWE would be lucky to fill half that arena without tarps and bigger entrance stages now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They're signing talent that people like and booking them in ways that appeal to viewers, which is such an unfair advantage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

They're signing talent that people like and booking them in ways that appeal to viewers, which is such an unfair advantage.
The wait and see method only pays out once every ten years. I'm sorry AEWlures can't comprehend long term booking of that magnitude. At Wrestlemania 40 in 2023, the true WWE fans will be the ones laughing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/EDroneSlayer/status/1418984910606450691?s=20

YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN GET TO WATCH WWE

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: Just shut up and watch the product

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1419200857439051778?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Meltzer Said What

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Man who defends Brodie Lee conspiracy theorists is deeply offended, oh no.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GCW has earned the right to do HEAAAAAAAT spots because they pay them off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean.

They are actually, literally trying to hit the guy.

I think that's kinda bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJeff posted:

I mean.

They are actually, literally trying to hit the guy.

I think that's kinda bad.
The glass bottles were way too far but I doubt it's worse than anything that happened in the match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

The glass bottles were way too far but I doubt it's worse than anything that happened in the match

"Anything that happened in the match" was under the purview of two consenting professionals.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I don't know much about GCW but I've known a few fans who are very into deathmatches and not much else... the idea of putting a world title held by Nick Gage onto a WWE washout and current TNA star really feels like the wrong kind of heat to be getting with those type of fans. If it's only drinks being thrown Cardona should feel lucky!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's better than throwing a briefcase

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saul Goode posted:

I don't know much about GCW but I've known a few fans who are very into deathmatches and not much else... the idea of putting a world title held by Nick Gage onto a WWE washout and current TNA star really feels like the wrong kind of heat to be getting with those type of fans. If it's only drinks being thrown Cardona should feel lucky!

Then they should throw poo poo at the person who booked the title change, rather than the guy performing the story

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's the same kind of heat that Jerry Lawler got showing up in ECW. It's not going to make fans stop watching, it's going to make them cheer harder for every one of Cardona's opponents

They should stop throwing glass bottles though

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
GCW should provide toilet paper to throw then, nice and safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJH2EoPG3yY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Saul Goode posted:

It doesn't really matter. Throwing poo poo in the ring is lovely behaviour, there's never any justification. It's not the end of the story no more than RSP taking the title off Gage was the end of the story. Death Match fans aren't actually morons (some are but not sure it's a higher proportion than normal wrestling fans), they should be better than this.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm wondering to what extent the crowd felt like they were playing the role of a rowdy crowd rather than being one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Allowing the crowd to throw stuff into the ring sets a bad precedent. Most people will just throw drinks or whatever but it only takes one person to throw something really dangerous into the ring and hurt somebody.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seams posted:

Allowing the crowd to throw stuff into the ring sets a bad precedent. Most people will just throw drinks or whatever but it only takes one person to throw something really dangerous into the ring and hurt somebody.

Plus you'll never recreate something as visually cool as all the chairs being thrown in the ring at ECW during the Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk match

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

I don’t see any glass bottles, nor do venues typically sell them for exactly that reason. They sell the lovely aluminum version of the bottles

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

That's a good take, actually.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t see any glass bottles, nor do venues typically sell them for exactly that reason. They sell the lovely aluminum version of the bottles

I didn't see any either but, and I know this isn't what you're saying I'm just adding that on top, this doesn't make it okay to allow the crowd to throw stuff in the ring. There's so much that can go wrong even with seemingly harmless stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cardona's entrance was more worthy of pearl clutching than that. Neckbeards getting right in his face cussing and spitting, would have been totally justified if Matt turned around and laid somebody out