Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume Cardona won via fuckery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the fact that cardona even had the match is fuckery, the whole thing was grand

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you don’t think pelting wrestlers with garbage is cool as hell I’m gatekeeping wrestling from you. You’re not allowed to watch wrestling anymore.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

If you don’t think pelting wrestlers with garbage is cool as hell I’m gatekeeping wrestling from you. You’re not allowed to watch wrestling anymore.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There is a reason ball parks open cans and pour them into plastic cups

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

woo
woo
woo

you know it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Nah dude, the promotion where the front row wears safety gear to protect themselves from poo poo flying out of the ring has disgraced themselves with the fan reaction they wanted, encouraged, and safely executed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
*Cardona goes through log cabin of light tubes and panes of glass and is lacerated deeply* wow I can’t believe these fans would disgrace wrestling by putting his life on the line like that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah RSP and 44O came out and hosed Gage over

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s ok everyone, Cardona’s lawyer is gonna straighten that crowd out tonight:

https://twitter.com/marksterlingesq/status/1419327415780843525?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

*Cardona goes through log cabin of light tubes and panes of glass and is lacerated deeply* wow I can’t believe these fans would disgrace wrestling by putting his life on the line like that.

*Breathing in mercury while I crumple up my 5th PBR* I'm going to kill Matt Cardona with this.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Yeah RSP and 44Oh came out and hosed Gage over

I can't believe Zack Ryder is from Ohio now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyways I wonder why the build up to the match focused on which lovely beer out of a can the wrestler drinks.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 25, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s ok everyone, Cardona’s lawyer is gonna straighten that crowd out tonight:

https://twitter.com/marksterlingesq/status/1419327415780843525?s=21

Mark had a stint in CZW as MJF's henchman... he's toooooooootally in his element here.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:laffo:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there’s something massively lame about warhorse and danhausen, I don’t know what it is but don’t @ me

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there’s something massively lame about warhorse and danhausen, I don’t know what it is but don’t @ me

I’m fine with Warhorse for the most part but Danhausen gives me massive theater kid vibes so he just irritates me. He’s not even a bad worker and I respect that he’s over but I get you completely.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Guys, we all know Dave's bad with words so please don't get mad at the correction he released "It's a disgrace no one in that audience hit Cardona in the head with a glass bottle and killed that doll collector. Fans used to be real, now they're just playing along"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sigma posted:

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1393977529875185665?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I’m fine with Warhorse for the most part but Danhausen gives me massive theater kid vibes so he just irritates me. He’s not even a bad worker and I respect that he’s over but I get you completely.

Yeah I just mean their Twitter game tbh. Both fine in ring

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The_Rob posted:

It's this plus that grating voice he uses that ruins it for me.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sigma posted:

Sometimes they don't even give you the caps to your bottle of water. Yes, I understand keeping them from Colts fans but I'm here to watch marching band. I'm not going to riot if Blue Devils win ffs...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

drat, I want one of those.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1419332862680059906
https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1419336787256766468

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vinny 100% correct with that take and Matt breaking down in tears half way through the match because he was in massively over his head made me love him as a wrestler. I'm well intae chickenshit heel Matt Cardona.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
if you hit matt cardona with an aluminum can or bottle you should get the 5 cent deposit because youre recycling and doing the earth a favor

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MotU posted:

they were selling beers at the show as "cardonas with lime", this was planned and intended

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anyways I wonder why the build up to the match focused on which lovely beer out of a can the wrestler drinks.
Cardona's podcast is sponsored by PBR and their social media interacts a lot with the podcast social media and then Nick Gage cut a promo on PBR.

I get where this is coming from but using this logic, we should have expected a ton of people pelting Jericho/OC with bottles of sparkling wine and Tropicana, or every Young Bucks match getting interrupted by a barrage of deadstock Jordans and bottles of cold spray thrown at them from the audience.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Edge & Christian posted:

Cardona's podcast is sponsored by PBR and their social media interacts a lot with the podcast social media and then Nick Gage cut a promo on PBR.

I get where this is coming from but using this logic, we should have expected a ton of people pelting Jericho/OC with bottles of sparkling wine and Tropicana, or every Young Bucks match getting interrupted by a barrage of deadstock Jordans and bottles of cold spray thrown at them from the audience.

should i pelt you with a giant man made of straw from ringside

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

No, those would be dangerous compared to crumpled up aluminum cans. Also wouldn't go as far, would never make it to the ring.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

MotU posted:

should i pelt you with a giant man made of straw from ringside
Putting aside anything about how cool and good throwing poo poo at wrestlers is, having themed beverages sold at a venue is not an invitation to throw them at the wrestler. Also mentioning something in a promo is not an invitation to throw that thing at them.

And it wasn't that big a venue, you can definitely get an orange juice bottle into the ring. Someone DID get a juice bottle into the ring.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, depends on the crowd and promotion. GCW is different.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Edge & Christian posted:

Putting aside anything about how cool and good throwing poo poo at wrestlers is, having themed beverages sold at a venue is not an invitation to throw them at the wrestler. Also mentioning something in a promo is not an invitation to throw that thing at them.

And it wasn't that big a venue, you can definitely get an orange juice bottle into the ring. Someone DID get a juice bottle into the ring.

i literally said the "cardona with lime" as a joke lmao come on kid get real a little

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

I'm talking about the AEW ring. Jericho and Cassidy was at GCW?

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
A planned spot or spontaneous chant can be perfectly cool in its moment and still, in going viral like that, encourage anything from people running it into the ground to idiots taking it too far. It was a great visual, maybe it will stay a one off and be completely worth it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
just change your name to Christian because the edge is gone and you're dull as hell

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

MotU posted:

i literally said the "cardona with lime" as a joke lmao come on kid get real a little
lol forgot u were shitpostin sorry

I think it was a cool moment and out of everything anyone's posted I agree with Massaro's take the most. I lived through WCW so I've had my fill of people just throwing poo poo into rings and generally think that the whole "how awesome was it that audiences tried to stab Nick Bockwinkel and threw batteries at Freddie Blassie's head, I miss that kind of heat" nostalgia is dumb when cornpilled folks do it too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
its a good think no one called for anyone getting stabbed or batteries thrown at them, then, nor did anyone attempt to do either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

MotU posted:

its a good think no one called for anyone getting stabbed or batteries thrown at them, then, nor did anyone attempt to do either
No who doesn't have an edge, afraid to throw a battery