Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Cross posting some gold

On the subject of politics, I appreciate the newspaper articles on the first Liberty Island visit, where Mead is being panned by both parties and the editorial for a seemingly innocuous executive order providing funding to UNATCO. What's the big deal, I thought as a kid definitely too young to be playing. Making sure the world police have their agreed-upon budget is important! If Congress won't provide it, the president has to, right? What's an Article I, Section 8?

Regarding women's bathrooms, I do appreciate that Pritchard has an extra line if Jensen goes to the ladies' room before getting his checkup. Something like "I know your body has gone through a lot of changes recently..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I don't think there's a ladies' bathroom line in mankind divided, I might have missed it but if not, then the shames

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
He didn't ask for it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Eason the Fifth posted:

I don't think there's a ladies' bathroom line in mankind divided, I might have missed it but if not, then the shames

At one point, in the TF29 base there's a janitor in the ladies' restroom. If you go in, he says "Eh, whatever floats your boat, man" or something like that. Yeah it would have been cool if there had been a more fleshed out reference.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Auzenne should have briefed the incident to Bob Page. Jensen's ethical inflexibility would allow the Illuminati to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lol. One bit of great writing from MD was how the one person you were told to investigate (Miller) is actually cool, but TF29 is lousy with lots of other Illuminati double-agents like Auzenne, Chikane, and (indirectly) Manderley.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Eason the Fifth posted:

lol. One bit of great writing from MD was how the one person you were told to investigate (Miller) is actually cool, but TF29 is lousy with lots of other Illuminati double-agents like Auzenne, Chikane, and (indirectly) Manderley.

Also Adam. Adam is explicitly a double agent, and a hypocrite.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Eason the Fifth posted:

but TF29 is lousy with lots of other Illuminati double-agents like Auzenne, Chikane,

What's this about Chikane? I know he has a secret room in the abandoned workshop where the TF29 helibase is hidden, but I couldn't make any sense of what was inside.

Serephina posted:

If they make a third Jensen game, more than anything I want a canon ending where he takes drastic measures to end the Illuminati, by which I mean joining Page in Majestic-12. "Better to rule in Hell," indeed.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
It was dumb in Mankind Divided how they tried to play up the whole mystery of "Who is Janus?" while at the same time having only one character in the Illuminati council scenes who wasn't a previously established character from Deus Ex 1 and going "We don't want to talk about him yet" in interviews.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Eason the Fifth posted:

I mean, Miller is a cog in the conspiracy too, just not a very keen one.

But yeah, there's very few people without an agenda or secret masters in the Taskforce.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Captain Walker posted:

What's this about Chikane? I know he has a secret room in the abandoned workshop where the TF29 helibase is hidden, but I couldn't make any sense of what was inside.

There's a pocket secretary in Chikane's room where the illuminati is reaching out to him. It isn't implied that he has or hasn't taken the offer, but if the wiki is right, he's also the one who alerted the GARM facility about Jensen.

https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Elias_Chikane#cite_note-3

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 11, 2021

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

If they make a third Jensen game, more than anything I want a canon ending where he takes drastic measures to end the Illuminati, by which I mean joining Page in Majestic-12. "Better to rule in Hell," indeed.
This is a cool idea. You could bring back Megan Reed and tie Jensen into the MJ12 Commandos from DX.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Reed does have a brief cameo in Mankind Divided during one of the mutually exclusive plot missions about halfway through. Its not good news: she's gone full evil scientist and is the creator of the Orchid poison.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 12, 2021

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Serephina posted:

Not just a double-agent, a triple-agent. The game very heavily implies that Jensen died at Panchaea, and the Jensen you play as is a clone that was implanted with memories harvested from the original Jensen's corpse, and released by the Illuminati to infiltrate the Juggernaut Collective. Who knows if Janus knows that Jensen is such, because he explicitly went out to recruit him.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Phobophilia posted:

Not just a double-agent, a triple-agent. The game very heavily implies that Jensen died at Panchaea, and the Jensen you play as is a clone that was implanted with memories harvested from the original Jensen's corpse, and released by the Illuminati to infiltrate the Juggernaut Collective. Who knows if Janus knows that Jensen is such, because he explicitly went out to recruit him.

Yeah, the plot and story in MD (and HR for that matter) are actually wonderfully complicated, and full of good twists. It does character and theme better than Cyberpunk did. It just sucks that a third of the story is buried in extended-universe books and mobile games no one cares about, and the other third of the story is in a sequel that Square Enix shelved for a lovely Avengers game.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Phobophilia posted:

Not just a double-agent, a

What the gently caress is Eidos Montreal even working on now? Avengers is the Tomb Raider people

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Captain Walker posted:

What the gently caress is Eidos Montreal even working on now? Avengers is the Tomb Raider people

Guardians of the Galaxy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Captain Walker posted:

Firaxis is apparently working on a Marvel game so it's gonna be two for two with the fuckign mouse killing successful dev studios in their attempts to monopolize media

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Phobophilia posted:

Firaxis is apparently working on a Marvel game so it's gonna be two for two with the fuckign mouse killing successful dev studios in their attempts to monopolize media

3 for 3 if you count Guardians: The Telltale Series. But Telltale was having trouble anyway so Eidos should be

Item Getter posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy

drat you, Kingdom Hearts

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Captain Walker posted:

In the GARM facility there’s an incriminating email from a sender called “olblueeyes” and my first thought was chicane…..then jensen because i suspect everyone.

Edit:woops tibor or his brother is olblueeyes derp.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 19, 2021

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

In the GARM facility there’s an incriminating email from a sender called “olblueeyes” and my first thought was chicane…..then jensen because i suspect everyone.

You have the right mindset for Deus Ex! (and I'm the idiot who installed the kill switch in Hengsha.) But in Golem City, Tibor gets messages from "oldblueeye" too; Marchenko has computers with that username in Golem and GARM. Because of his optical aug, get it?

There is, however, an email TO Marchenko's GARM computer from "Elanus Caeruleus"
The hidden email in Chikane's place has the coordinates of Zurich, and the the sender has a masked IP: us.dc.01776. Could be any of the US-based Illuminati, but most likely Dowd or a proxy; emails on Chikane's computer indicates he's under financial pressure because of his disabled brother. Auzenne suggests they have "friends in common" so it's possible Chikane is a former pilot for an organization you really don't just walk away from.

Then again the artbook explicitly says he's there to spy on Miller. But also that he and Jensen are buddies and not adversaries? Who the gently caress knows.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I’ve just read Deus ex : Blacklight and it’s really loving good,first video game related book i’ve read but it was really well done,highly recommend it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Finished my second run in which i blasted motherfuckers,it’s unbelievable how easy this game is when you kill everyone,the AI really cannot cope with a fully auged adam at all.

Did the killswitch and that was fun although i really wanted a violent head explosion.

Now onto the DLC’s.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Finished my second run in which i blasted motherfuckers,it’s unbelievable how easy this game is when you kill everyone,the AI really cannot cope with a fully auged adam JC at all.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Did the killswitch and that was fun although i really wanted a violent head explosion.

You would enjoy the first game's kill switches a lot. The disconnect between Unreal Engine 1 and the game it's running always amuses my addled gamer brain. Until I go to install a mod, then it's frustrating and nonsensical.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Uhhhh well that was a short DLC wtf?!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’ve just read Deus ex : Blacklight and it’s really loving good,first video game related book i’ve read but it was really well done,highly recommend it.

Both books were really good I thought. I was impressed with them as video games tie-ins. The only other books I’d read video game related I liked as much was the later Dragon Age novels. Also the Elder Scrolls novels by Keyes.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Uhhhh well that was a short DLC wtf?!

The first one? More of a preorder bonus of a mission obviously cut from the main game. The next two are more interesting, though the heist mission still feels as though it was meant to be part of the main game.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The first one? More of a preorder bonus of a mission obviously cut from the main game. The next two are more interesting, though the heist mission still feels as though it was meant to be part of the main game.

Yeah that definitely felt like it should have been a sidemission,i felt like i was just getting started and then credits lol.Even the harvester mission felt bigger than that.

Anyway,doing the blade mission holy poo poo this place is biiig.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been doing my first run in a couple years the past couple days, in hindsight trapping so many dense emails behind a short hacking countdown was not the greatest choice

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Especially when it doesn't really make sense that you couldn't have copied or downloaded the text in-universe; even as a game, I would just screenshot it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well that entire DLC was so goddamn good,gigantic mahoosive levels,lots of hacking,the best voice acting between pritchard and jensen so far.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Well that entire DLC was so goddamn good,gigantic mahoosive levels,lots of hacking,the best voice acting between pritchard and jensen so far.

I love the heist. The other one is also very good.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

aniviron posted:

Especially when it doesn't really make sense that you couldn't have copied or downloaded the text in-universe; even as a game, I would just screenshot it.

Always bugged me that all the conversations and notes get recorded inside JC's head for later review, but emails don't.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm planning on trying invisible war for the first time after i wrap up dx1. I've already grabbed some unofficial patches recommended by pcgamingwiki, are there any tips gameplay/mission wise? side stuff easily missed and the like

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Not really. The levels are pretty confined, as long as you wander around everywhere you shouldn't miss anything.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

As much as it don't make sense. I kinda like the timer on hacking emails. It gives it a real clandestine feeling being on a timer.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, it makes sense that you only have a limited window to stay in a system when having, i just wish there was some way to actually read the emails, instead of quick switching through multiple accounts and skimming them all for four digits codes. i cheated to give myself enough skill points to have master computer and still have a hard time finishing in time if there's multiple large text dumps

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

site posted:

i mean, it makes sense that you only have a limited window to stay in a system when having, i just wish there was some way to actually read the emails, instead of quick switching through multiple accounts and skimming them all for four digits codes. i cheated to give myself enough skill points to have master computer and still have a hard time finishing in time if there's multiple large text dumps

Wait for the recharge.

or

Pay the skill points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i literally said i have master computer in the post you quoted lol