Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Life is like a hurricane, here in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I keep thinking - how the hell do you have Nick Gage do network TV? The dude was adamant that he be allowed to finish a match minutes before dying. I haven't closely followed his career, but he doesn't seem like the person that has an act that can be toned down - it's just 100% Nick Gage.

I'll find out Wednesday I guess.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tell everybody you know that an uncontrollable madman will be on AEW Dynamite and there’s no telling what he might do and they only way to find out is to watch live!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

luchadornado posted:

I keep thinking - how the hell do you have Nick Gage do network TV? The dude was adamant that he be allowed to finish a match minutes before dying. I haven't closely followed his career, but he doesn't seem like the person that has an act that can be toned down - it's just 100% Nick Gage.

I get the distinct impression people are overselling this. No way Jericho would've OK'ed the match if he wasn't certain. It's gonna be more like one of Jericho's Tokyo Dome matches than a full-on deathmatch. There'll be chairs and tables, but we're not getting lighttubes and glass in what's almost definitely the opener.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gaz-L posted:

I get the distinct impression people are overselling this. No way Jericho would've OK'ed the match if he wasn't certain. It's gonna be more like one of Jericho's Tokyo Dome matches than a full-on deathmatch. There'll be chairs and tables, but we're not getting lighttubes and glass in what's almost definitely the opener.

Wrong, it’ll be the bridge into 9 PM match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

luchadornado posted:

lol nick is the goat eveyone buys it. hes worked chikara in the past with no issues and the same gimmick

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol nick is the goat eveyone buys it. hes worked chikara in the past with no issues and the same gimmick

This is kind of what I was wondering about. He's absolutely fantastic at selling the gimmick, and I love it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MCWWrestling/status/1419286816801312771?s=20

So sweet! (also, was not expecting that voice to come out of Nick's mouth)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
marrying the ref, now there's a heel move to win matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

marrying the ref, now there's a heel move to win matches

That feels like a GLOW storyline.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
nick has that jersey /Philly /Delaware Valley mutt accent like artie lange and yours truly

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My uncle works for AEW and he said TNT is cool with one wrestler dying per quarter and Tony plans on using the same casket that Ethan Page is in for the loser of the match.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/MCWWrestling/status/1419286816801312771?s=20

So sweet! (also, was not expecting that voice to come out of Nick's mouth)

This is so sweet.

Cannot stop thinking about Aaron Solo being the only shoot single guy in his faction, on top of being the designated pin eater

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Because of the IWGP US title match I've decided to watch AEW Dynamite. An episode with a Gallows match, which is probably a mistake.

As soon as Jericho comes out for the opening match I'm thinking this is a big mistake. Not for any match quality reasons but going back to almost silent Japanese crowds after hearing people singing along is going to be annoying. And after I'd gotten about used to the clap crowds. Jericho vs Spears was a fun match, not much else to say really, I can guess the storyline is Jericho wants another shot at MJF & Max will only accept the challenge if he wins these 5 challenge matches.

Having Kazarian next to Gallows really makes him look small. And he's not, but Gallows is a tank, somehow didn't realise he was 6'8". Match was fine TV wrestling, tbh I expected worse from Luke Gallows. Has Kenny's airline started receding? Well, I mean, since I last saw him wrestle, which was January. Hardly a shocker at his age, but I'm just imagining him bald & it's weird. Reaction to Page was good though, he's come along so far & that makes me happy.

Darby vs Yuta was a bit disappointing to me, but I probably had silly expectations for it. The promo hyping up the main event though, that was exceedingly good & effective. Baker vs Rose was decent though a bit unfair to watch it within a day of watching that great Sendai Girls tag from last month. Definitely a couple of awkward moments, I liked JR covering for the ref as the "you hosed up" chanted happened. JR definitely had some infuriating moments but that was veteran commentary. The 2nd curb stomp looked terrifically violent. Finishing stretch was very good.

Chavo Guerrero honestly got a pop bigger than a lot of wrestlers. That's quite neat. Whole segment was extremely good, between Andrade, Penta, Fenix & PAC the levels of charisma was off the wall. Pretty sure this is the first time I've seen The Blade wrestle, but his feigning injury was great & then the gutwrench powerbomb from the top rope was absolutely fantastic. Blade got a lot more offence than I expected considering my understanding of his relative position on the card (he's a hired goon while OC is about as over as anyone?). Oh, & I finally know what HFO stands for. Uhhhh, in the promo for next weeks show Omega looked an awful lot like Jake Roberts with that facial hair. Unsettlingly so.

Guilty admission: I'm glad Mox vs Archer is happening in AEW instead of New Japan because in Japan it'd have gone half an hour & that'd be unnecessary. Plus the crowd thing. Other thing before this match starts is that this Moxley version of Wild Thing doesn't really work for me. Definitely prefer the sleaze guitar tune he uses in NJPW. Meanwhile god I missed yelling EVERY BODY DIES. The pounce loving rules. "Somebody call his next of kin" was a classic call when Archer chucked the fan. Fork spot is good, licking Archer's blood off your hand is better. Proper sick poo poo, got to love it. Motherfuck that chokeslam onto the chairs was gnarly. I'm sure glad TNT lets them get colour, not something that should happen regularly but it's a powerful emotional tool in a wrestler's arsenal. LOL a barbed wire board, rad, I'm watching a Freedoms match now. Oh wait, two of them. What a great finish. What an exceedingly fun match & actually was shorter than I realised watching it.

I'm probably not going to be a regular AEW viewer because I already watch too many wrestling promotions but I definitely enjoyed this show. Just comparing it to the last time I watched a WWE TV show & it's night & day, truly. I will watch next week though, between Hikuleo's challenge & MDK All Day.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
It was the worst episode of Dynamite in like a month tbh

But was still v good, thank you for enjoying yourself and wrasslin!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

My uncle works for AEW and he said TNT is cool with one wrestler dying per quarter and Tony plans on using the same casket that Ethan Page is in for the loser of the match.

gage closes the lid, but Jericho's belly keeps it from closing, so it awkwardly wobbles a bit as gage loudly cusses at no one in particular

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
forkboy has opened his heart to AEW, anything is possible :unsmith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Elevation looks pretty drat stacked this week!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Suplex Liberace posted:

A good example of this is when he faced Fire Ant (Orange Cassidy) in a match in Beyond where they were doing a Chikara invasion angle. It's a hardcore match, so there's chairs and tables and stuff, but Gage is working a clean hardcore brawling style, not a deathmatch style, and does it very well indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzkzdLOzXv0

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

My uncle works for AEW and he said TNT is cool with one wrestler dying per quarter

My uncle is Shad Khan and has confirmed this, so long as at least one roster member proposes or has a baby to balance out the universe.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Suplex Liberace posted:

I saw a Chikara/Beyond cibernetico where Gage's big spot was using a pair of scissors to cut off the tail of the Proletariat Boar of Moldova and the crowd popped huge for it, Jericho will be fine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
are we supposed to be impressed Jericho beats a guy who lost to zack ryder? come on BBCT

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
nick cage going to bring out a bottle of clear spirits and dump it down the drain, shattering jericho internally

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MotU posted:

nick cage going to bring out a bottle of clear spirits and dump it down the drain, shattering jericho internally

lmao

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gage would make a fine addition to the Adam Page/ Ethan Page vs Brian Cage/Christian Cage match in a steel cage featuring Dallas Page. Now they just need to get Paige.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Gage would make a fine addition to the Adam Page/ Ethan Page vs Brian Cage/Christian Cage match in a steel cage featuring Dallas Page. Now they just need to get Paige.

If DDP could get him off the meth, bringing back Silent Rage for this would be a nice comeback story

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MotU posted:

No need to be this violent on TV tbh.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

And make sure to air it on Rampage

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

If DDP could get him off the meth, bringing back Silent Rage for this would be a nice comeback story

I think we can all agree that the line we won't cross with this joke is bringing in Alex "Rage" Riley.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I think we can all agree that the line we won't cross with this joke is bringing in Alex "Rage" Riley.

I think it's telling that when I made that post the only other "Rage" I could think of was Kaos's partner in WCW.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sticklefifer posted:

i'll allow him to do a Rat in a Cage match for NWA but that's it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think it's telling that when I made that post the only other "Rage" I could think of was Kaos's partner in WCW.

Silent Rage.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

sticklefifer posted:

PUSH

RAGE

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

*looks at my own rap sheet*

I can't promise anything

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Silent Rage.

The post was about Andy "Silent Rage" Methamphetamine!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Added to Elevation: Luther vs Lee Johnson. Could be fun. https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419408365084717633

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Added to Elevation: Luther vs Lee Johnson. Could be fun. https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419408365084717633

lmao OF COURSE PULSE PICKED THIS MATCH

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lamuella posted:

Brock is somehow going to get the pin for this.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Hogdippers LFG!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gonna blame Pulse for miro killing lee in the future