Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Have dues for the year already been collected? If so, who should i be sending to

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We haven't collected dues yet, although eight owners have already pre-paid (so they could trade picks last year). Let's get you set up with ownership of the team, etc. first, though. Can you email me at my user name at gmail dot com, with the email address you'd like to use for announcements, etc. - also your Owner Name you want to appear on MFL, and the email address (if different) you want to use with MFL.

You can also change your team's name, if you want.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

We haven't collected dues yet, although eight owners have already pre-paid (so they could trade picks last year). Let's get you set up with ownership of the team, etc. first, though. Can you email me at my user name at gmail dot com, with the email address you'd like to use for announcements, etc. - also your Owner Name you want to appear on MFL, and the email address (if different) you want to use with MFL.

You can also change your team's name, if you want.

You've got mail!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When you change the name I'll make a lovely graphic for it. God I wish I had time to learn photoshop.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok I think I did the right thing to "invite owner" so you should get an email from MFL to link your existing account to your new franchise. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll poke around some more.

The only rule change that seems to have been sorta kinda voted for is changing the prize for the consolation bracket. We need ideas, folks! It used to be $20 and 5th place, and that did not work well.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am tempted to just do nothing for consolation. A trophy in your trophy case on MFL, that's about all.

2.13 wouldn't be bad for a prize, but 1.13 is far too much.

That's all I got for ideas.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We've already got owners checking out in week 10+ because they're out of the playoffs. The concept is to make the consolation bracket worthwhile. If it's meaningless, why bother with it at all? Owners will have no incentive to trade, set lineups, or do anything at all once they're out of playoff contention.

Maybe it should be a more significant amount of money. Right now our prize pool is quite polarized:
1st: $160
2nd: $80
3rd: $40
4th: $20
Total prize pool: $300

It makes little sense for "fifth place" to be more than $20, but if it's not really fifth place, it could be more (but we'd have to adjust all the other numbers). We could flatten the progression if we wanted to. We could also juice the whole thing by raising dues, if we wanted to.

I do think 2.13 is a decent idea as well.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When do we cut off the trade deadline? Good point on making them actually pay attention week 9 onward.

2.13 or $20 is fine by me, but 4th needs to go up if that's the case.

1st: $150
2nd: $70
3rd: $35
4th: $25
5th: $20

Or take another 10 from first and make 3rd/4th be 40/30 instead?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is no trade deadline. We cut off taxi squad thefts after week 13 (14 now), but otherwise trading can happen any time except when the league is locked, which occurs for maintenance, in emergency situations, and from just after the superbowl until we open the league in the fall.

That reminds me though, I need to make revisions in our formal rules to account for our new 14-week regular season.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No. Lots of manual work and more to keep track.
5. Yes

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
1. no, this would be dumb, but there also needs to be some kind of harsher punishment for cap busters (faab deduction?, $5 irl charge added to the pot? idk man, but there has to be a tangible, discouraging consequence)
2. i guess? this means nothing to me
3. see: above. linemen/rush linebackers are the most volatile players in fantasy and the only thing i care less about than them are tight ends and kickers, do whatever you want i will still only roster the absolute minimum of whatever you make me have. if you guaranteed me 5 points a week instead, no more no less, I'd leave the drat position blank
4. no, draft better players you scrub
5. yes, and 2.13 would be good imo

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 28, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
6 No Should we switch to a hard salary cap?
Tied @4 earned 10 points for that team in total Points For?
7 no EDGE position?
5 No TAXI squad in their third+ year, under certain special conditions?
6 yes prize for winning the consolation

8 answer so far, here are the results. Leper hasn't voted.

#2 is now tied, 10pts for OUT players. It might be completely makework so I'm fine without it. Leper appears to be right in the chat we had a few pages back.

Teemu brings up a good point, salary cap needs to mean something. I think only 2 people busted it last year, but only one person did it on a Sunday while guys were actively playing. The other one was a thursday where only like 1 person on the team was playing so it was an easy fix that didn't change anything.

The sunday thing didn't change anything either, just swap two IR guys to make the cap fit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah most of the time, salary cap busts are clearly mistakes and are pretty quickly rectified. It seems to often happen because of rounding errors, like the fifty cent thing, or because an owner forgot they moved someone off of IR and had less room than they remembered, things like that.

But a modest penalty may be in order.

My votes:

1. no
2. no. We've never had a situation where it would have changed the outcome.
3. no
4. no
5. sure OK, let's go with 2.13 unless anyone seriously objects. I don't think an extra $20 is really going to motivate anyone.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
K, lock it in. Unlock the league anytime after it's all written into the rules right? Maybe we unlock it when preseason starts, leave it open for 2 weeks so everyone can get their poo poo in order and do trades as wanted.

Rules say everything needs to be locked 72hrs before the draft so we'd have to lock it (at least) before week 4 of preseason because we need to do 2 drafts and one might be a slow draft. That'll take 5 days anyway.

7 No Should we switch to a hard salary cap?
5 No earned 10 points for that team in total Points For?
8 no EDGE position?
6 No TAXI squad in their third+ year, under certain special conditions?
7 yes prize for winning the consolation

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got some meetings today but I'll try to get some rules editing done this afternoon.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Maybe this would be too OP but 5th place could be a free taxi steal after the season is over? with some restrictions?

therealVECNAmfers fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 30, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

therealVECNAmfers posted:

Maybe this would be too OP but 5th place could be a free taxi steal after the season is over? with some restrictions?
:eyepop:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh gently caress. Please no :(

We have 5 teams not even utilizing their taxi fully (or at all).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's a fun idea at first glance but I don't think it could work; if you know there's a particular day, post-season, when taxi squad theft will happen, you can just clear out your roster ahead of that day and have nobody on taxi squad. Most everyone drops at least a handful of players annually.

Currently taxi squad theft stops week 13 (going to be week 14), so having a theft three weeks later I don't think would fly without substantial changes.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
yea just an idea. figured it wouldn't affect the draft order this way and there's still a lot of players on taxi squad. make it a taxi squad swap instead? counting 40 players on taxi squad currently. If it was a swap then you'd need someone in your taxi squad to take advantage of it. could restrict it to say you can only swap players drafted in the same round or draft year?

2.13 draft pick works. easier to manage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, if I wanted to trade a taxi guy I'd trade him, and if I didn't, I'd dump my poo poo old veterans and broken dudes and move everyone off taxi. I think the winner of this prize would wind up choosing from 7 bottom-of-the-roster longshot taxi squad guys and getting much worse value than 2.13. That's a guess though!

I think 2.13 is easier to manage and less likely to lead to owners making silly roster moves, and one sore owner who winds up being the unlucky guy who got his dude stolen.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
also 2.13 is actually a reward as it's a cheap enough salary slot that it's a pick any given team will actually be able to use. Depending on your cap situation, adding 1.13 to an additional 1st you may already own might complicate things more than it helps you

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did you start tweaking rules? I can probably start blacking out sections and rewriting stuff for your approval this afternoon maybe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol no of course not I'm a lazy sack of poo poo

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
gently caress. I was hoping you did so I dont have to.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jesus christ there's something sorta resembling a football game tonight?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah that's why I posted. It reminded me we got like 5 weeks left. And we need 9 days for 2 drafts is my guess.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poo poo. I really have not been paying any attention to football till now. Just totally checked out of it. Been a weird summer for me.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Are you ready for some ?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I updated the rules. The only thing that was approved was moving consolation from 1.13 to 2.13. That was easy.

We're ready to open the league now?

Preseason #2 begins Thursday. The hall of fame game was week 1 apparently.

Preseason #4 is the end of the month, begins the 27th and ends on Sunday the 29th.

Need all teams to be locked 72hrs in advance of the drafts, and I think the rookie draft is going to be slow which will take 5 or 6 days.

Last year we drafted on 9/2 and 9/5.

Emailing now so we can set a date.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 9, 2021

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Up for trade:

Miles Sanders
Michael Thomas
Darrell Henderson
Jarvis Landry
Big Ben/Wentz/Goff

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Did we fix that scoring thing? You know. We had some scoring oversight. I forget what.

e. Just got dues from Atomictyler. Stevie Lee never paid for this year so he's not owed.
Need dues from: VietCampo, Teemu Pokemon, trdn89.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 9, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

More rules changes:
We're in a 14 week regular season now, every team plays every other nondivisional team once, and every in-division team twice. I'll move the last divisional matchup game from week 13 to week 14, because it's more exciting to end the regular season with a divisional match.

Salary for the new bonus pick 2.13 will be $4, to slot exactly between the end of round 2 rookies (who get $5) and the beginning of round 3 rookies (who get $3).

I've gone through and updated the rules with all the places Spermy missed that mentioned the consolation draft pick, and the above two. Any objections?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody still active in the slack channel? See lots of grey bubbles

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Tried to add availability to the spreadsheet and it was read only to me, so count me as any reasonable evening time and I can probably make any weekend time work as well.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’m good really anytime except on 9/4, 9/7, or 8/29.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Updated the spreadsheet for you guys.

We still need an owner, if anyone has a friend IRL it's probably time to open it up.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I'm good in the evenings except the last week of August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I cannot do it Sunday September 5 1 to 4 pm eastern