Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CM Punk should come out to Sonic the Hedgehog music

which track? pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shinjobi posted:

which track? pick one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWfjK0v8eM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

benefit of being the same quality for a wrestling entrance as miseria cantare

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0hV3dea9g

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Warhorse is cool because he's the only Metal Guy in wrestling that knows metal is really stupid.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
How did Cardona not last in AEW? It was before I started watching, is there a reason he didn’t stick around?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

sba posted:

How did Cardona not last in AEW? It was before I started watching, is there a reason he didn’t stick around?

he's not good or interesting

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

El Generico posted:

he's not good or interesting

:objection:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you are correct, cardona as a package is light years ahead of miro as an all encompassed pro wrestler.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

sba posted:

When asked about Mid Cardona TK ran the "if you don't have anything nice to say, wince and hope cody isn't too sad"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sba posted:

It was right after he got released and he just kinda tried to show up as Zack Ryder.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sba posted:

He signed for a few dates and they decided not to bring him back full time, probably because he didn't impress them enough and slash or they didn't really have a plan for him at the time. Getting more time to do dates and work out what his post-WWE identity is seems to have worked out for him, though, if this weekend is any evidence.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Shinjobi posted:

which track? pick one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnVboYhEe5Q

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cavauro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

benefit of being the same quality for a wrestling entrance as miseria cantare

My favorite thing about that game is that apparently the development was so lovely and rushed they googled fan-made midi remixes of old Sonic songs and just put them in the game, with some of the instruments deleted to hide the fact they were stolen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BodyslamNet/status/1419546435163500546?s=19

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

yo running united center would be incredible if they're actually announcing that im there

I think cm punk should embrace the wcw nature of aew by coming out to a sound alike of "cult of personality" with no vocals except for clips of punk saying "what do my knuckles say?" and uhhh "best in the world" or whatever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Charles Montgomery Punk will teleport into the show and astound the world.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Cardona won't show up this Wednesday, MJF added a stipulation if anyone helps Jericho, the deal's off. And Max is the exact type of shitheel to uphold that in kayfabe so making it an unlikely scenario.

My concern for the match is that Gage showed off the pizza cutter, which implies an attempt to use it during the show.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Evil Badman posted:

My concern for the match is that Gage showed off the pizza cutter, which implies an attempt to use it during the show.

Yeah but there's still a thousand miles of territory between attempts to use it and "carves open Jericho's forehead". They can build a lot of fun spots where he tries to use it on Jericho but he manages to get out of it somehow.

But then again, this is the promotion where last week Jon Moxley and Lance Archer used a communal fork on each other, where "biting an opponent's wound" has become a hot thing recently, and where Mox and Archer were trying to drink each others' blood. So... AEW is weirdly hardcore at times?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nick Gage heating the crowd up for a pizza cutter spot, reaching into first one, then the other pocket, then patting his pockets in confusion

Two days later on the vlog: Dark Order are enjoying some pizza backstage

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's not that weird, AEW's first show had Dustin Rhodes bleed so hard it stained the entire mat red for the following segment.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
last week we had two bloody dudes attack eachother with a fork

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW became a deathmatch promotion so quietly or whatever the gently caress that reference to an old and kind of lovely cartoon is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It owns because deathmatches are great

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It rules that Nick Gage is so believable that people think a pizza cutter can cut down to the bone on someone's forehead despite how much pizzas goons eat. It reminds me of being 14 on the internet and being worked by Homicide's forks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I said it somewhere else I think but yeah pizza cutters are so blunt and lovely

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

I said it somewhere else I think but yeah pizza cutters are so blunt and lovely

I know this to be true but in my head if you can make someone bleed using blunt pizza cutters that should hurt more

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nick Gage heating the crowd up for a pizza cutter spot, reaching into first one, then the other pocket, then patting his pockets in confusion

Two days later on the vlog: Dark Order are enjoying some pizza backstage

Orange Cassidy puts his hands in his pockets, pulls out a pizza cutter, has no idea how it got there.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
All this talk of Borehorse and not a mention of how Scorpio Sky was the one who really got shafted in the Cody reign of TNT era?

Scorpio was:
- an actual member of the roster
- on a winning streak
- running a King of Dark gimmick
- over
- shaping up to be a breakout star

And he had a good, competitive match with Cody... and immediately rolled out of the ring and slunk away into a Shawn Spears feud while Brodie Lee and the Dark Order set up the actual match that mattered with Cody.

I mean, time has proven that to be the right choice but back then it was pretty bad. He totally got Kazarian'd.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

karmicknight posted:

AEW became a deathmatch promotion so quietly or whatever the gently caress that reference to an old and kind of lovely cartoon is.
tk finally gets to indulge in his 13yo ecw mark fantasies

also, yes the simpsons in the aggregate has turned out more bad than good since a decade+ ago, but don't put that poo poo on lisa's wedding

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

which track? pick one

https://youtu.be/tJjxKhjR9H4

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CM Punk is actually going to come out to that goofy bop song that the WWE spy guy came out to a few times

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

Thanks to the wonders of "having been there" we can you know check the official record.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934644&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

The only comment I made re: Warhorse was:

Davros1 posted:

I was more impressed with Diamante than I was with Warhorse

I still stand by that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
BoreSnores

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was pretty funny how Scorpio had that big "I'm not being held down anymore!" promo, then he just kind of lost to Cody and disappeared until the thing with Ethan Page months later

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

shiksa posted:

yo running united center would be incredible if they're actually announcing that im there

I think cm punk should embrace the wcw nature of aew by coming out to a sound alike of "cult of personality" with no vocals except for clips of punk saying "what do my knuckles say?" and uhhh "best in the world" or whatever

AEW should never run an event in Chicago that is not either A) actually in Chicago or B) CTA accessible (please TK don't make me have to borrow a car anymore to come to tapings.)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

It rules that Nick Gage is so believable that people think a pizza cutter can cut down to the bone on someone's forehead despite how much pizzas goons eat. It reminds me of being 14 on the internet and being worked by Homicide's forks.

It's one of the first things Sami Callihan did in the title match with Kenny last week though, so maybe they won't want to repeat a spot from a very recent Impact PPV.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Was there ever a payoff to Scorpio winning the giant foam Cheerio?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

It's one of the first things Sami Callihan did in the title match with Kenny last week though, so maybe they won't want to repeat a spot from a very recent Impact PPV.

lmao.

luchadornado posted:

Scorpio's sonic ring got him a match with TNT Champion Darby Allin (he lost) and a new nickname (The Face of the Revolution)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

luchadornado posted:

he ate it and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
at least aew never booked danhausen