Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

some rear end in a top hat in California thread works for EDD and thinks I won't appeal my denial because I'm lazy lol. no motherfucker I just don't want to deal with your guys poo poo literally all day again. and then wait a few more months only to get a vague letter that says nothing. i was unemployed in the first week of December, didn't get a check until the end of March, and then my unemployment got denied after that one payment lol. so I just got a job since I'd burned through all my savings by that point anyway. the system works!

the d&d california thread is always good for an lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/theo_wayt/status/1419395955670110211?s=20

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what da gently caress is p0

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

At that price point it's worth it to create crime scenes

lobster shirt posted:

fix priority

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ruffian Price posted:

excited to live in the Nightcrawler universe

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

Not much, what's p0 with you?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ruffian Price posted:

fix priority

25 dollars an hour but the meter only runs from when you start rolling til when the scene is over. theres no way you will get 8 hours of developing crime scenes to stream a day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unless you film wall st :rimshot:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

25 dollars an hour but the meter only runs from when you start rolling til when the scene is over. theres no way you will get 8 hours of developing crime scenes to stream a day

So you're saying I could get $25 / hour to go on a crime spree?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

lobster shirt posted:

"priority zero"... one degree of priority higher than "priority one" (which is the highest possible priority)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

now we're being "disruptive" like pros

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

These bugs go to eleven

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/merry_ghouled/status/1419429043938729988

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Inceltown posted:

So you're saying I could get $25 / hour to go on a crime spree?

Legit solving the “crime not paying” problem.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

wow cops got pre-cogs???

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Crow Buddy posted:

Legit solving the “crime not paying” problem.

crowdfunding bail for minor crimes by 1000x livestreaming the arrest. the proceeds help fund vertical gardens in abandoned factories surrounding eco-anarchist squats as well as direct payments to local houseless folks

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chard posted:

wow cops got pre-cogs???

"pre-cogs", "preexisting prejudices laundered through 'The Algorithm'"; "potato", "potato".

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
prehognition

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

:vince:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:mrapig:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

the d&d california thread is always good for an lol

i meant the cspam one. i don't post with liberals

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

noise

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/25/us/facebook-church.html

quote:

The social media giant had a proposition, Sam Collier, the pastor, recalled in an interview: to use the church as a case study to explore how churches can “go further farther on Facebook.”

For months Facebook developers met weekly with Hillsong and explored what the church would look like on Facebook and what apps they might create for financial giving, video capability or livestreaming. When it came time for Hillsong’s grand opening in June, the church issued a news release saying it was “partnering with Facebook” and began streaming its services exclusively on the platform.

Beyond that, Mr. Collier could not share many specifics — he had signed a nondisclosure agreement.

“They are teaching us, we are teaching them,” he said. “Together we are discovering what the future of the church could be on Facebook.”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

"priority zero"... one degree of priority higher than "priority one" (which is the highest possible priority)

is that like, such a high priority you should never have hosed it up in the first place?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

it's kind of insane too that the callers got 5 years and the first guy got pretty much a slap on the wrist even though the intent was clear

If it wasn't already hosed up enough that Gaskill gave the other guy an address basically provoking the swat, after the incident he goaded the guy some more telling him to try again. No remorse, just complete tash people involved on all sides except the victim and his family.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

is that like, such a high priority you should never have hosed it up in the first place?

Priorities roughly go like this, at least at all QA testing places I've worked at:

P4 - Suggestion. Not actually a bug or problem, but a suggestion on how functionality could be improved. Generally these are ignored, because lmao
P3 - Low Priority, fix if possible. Minor bugs and problems that don't interfere with functionality. Minor graphical issues, etc.
P2 - Medium Priority, should fix. Moderate problems that can interfere with functionality in annoying but non-critical ways. More severe graphical issues, menus being unresponsive, etc.
P1 - High Priority, must fix. Severe problems that directly interfere with functionality. Crashes, freezes, etc.
P0 - Blocker, this needs fixing ASAP. Problems that "block" some functionality from working entirely. Generally reserved for when a problem prevents testers from even being able to access or test functionality due to a bug.

Some producers try to get QA to lower the priority of issues to make the product seem more stable than it actually is to execs. Particularly with P0 bugs, a lot of producers will argue that if there's some kind of workaround (such as being able to unplug the toaster to "turn it off") then it isn't REALLY a P0 bug, it's actually "just" a P1 bug.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

This whole program has been posted about before, I believe in this thread, but at one point, they harassed a teenager so much that he committed suicide. The whole thing is one of the most rage-inducing things I've ever read:

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/police-pasco-sheriff-targeted/intelligence-led-policing/

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Nothus posted:

This is a $1,000 toaster oven that, in addition to the lovely touchscreen control, requires an app to use all of the oven's features. And the app is a subscription service that's $9.99 a month.

lol, just unplug it

https://twitter.com/ryfar/status/1418630606380961798?s=20

Homer replies "my toaster oven cost me $40 and has knobs"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Thanatosian posted:

This whole program has been posted about before, I believe in this thread, but at one point, they harassed a teenager so much that he committed suicide. The whole thing is one of the most rage-inducing things I've ever read:

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/police-pasco-sheriff-targeted/intelligence-led-policing/

:wtc:

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/police-pasco-sheriff-targeted/school-data/

They were even using kid's grades and school related things to determine if young people were "threats".

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lets look into Hillsong.

Wikipedia posted:

Hillsong Church, commonly known as Hillsong, is a charismatic Christian megachurch based in Australia.[2] The church, originally called Hills Christian Life Centre, was established in 1983 in Baulkham Hills, New South Wales, by Brian Houston and his wife Bobbie.

Wikipedia#Controversies posted:

Frank Houston, the father of Hillsong Church founder Brian Houston, was a pastor in New Zealand and Australia who sexually abused boys over the course of his ministry.[83] One of the nine identified victims was routinely subjected to sexual abuse in the 1960s and '70s when he was 7 to 12 years old.[84][85][86] In 1999, his mother reported the abuse to the Assemblies of God denomination. Although Brian Houston, then National President of the Assemblies of God denomination in Australia, was legally obligated to report the crime, he did not do so.[86]:6:30 Brian Houston said he felt it was a reasonable excuse not to report the crime when the victim is an adult when the crime comes to light and said the victim did not want the crime reported (an assertion that was denied by the victim).[87][88] The victim later testified to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse that Frank Houston offered him AU$10,000 as compensation at a McDonald's in the presence of Nabi Saleh.[89][90] During an internal church investigation, Frank Houston eventually confessed to the crime.[91] The commission also heard that he was involved in the sexual abuse of other children in New Zealand.[92][93] Frank Houston resigned from his church in 2000, which now lacking a pastor, was merged into Hillsong Church.[85][92][94] A further internal investigation by Assemblies of God in Australia, in conjunction with the Assemblies of God in New Zealand, found six additional child sexual abuse allegations that were regarded as credible.[95][86]

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1419661153278513157

my city uses this too.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:wtc:

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/police-pasco-sheriff-targeted/school-data/

They were even using kid's grades and school related things to determine if young people were "threats".

quote:

"You may wonder why you were enrolled in this program. You were selected as a result of an evaluation of your recent criminal behavior using an unbiased, evidence-based risk assessment designed to identify prolific offenders in our community. As a result of this designation, we will go to great efforts to encourage change in your life through enhanced support and increased accountability. If you refrain from criminal activity over the next two years, your Prolific Offender designation will be removed."

acab, d2a

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

For those of you curious, a list of ShotSpotter cities.

https://www.shotspotter.com/cities/

Shocked as hell Seattle isn't on that list. Seems like just the sort of boondoggle the SPD loves to sink taxpayer money into.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

seattle probably spends money on the microsoft equivalent

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

They also used this in Chicago and the algorithm said a guy was likely to be involved in a shooting so the police started coming around and harassing him so much his neighbors thought he was a snitch and one of them shot him.

quote:

The algorithm indicated Robert McDaniel was more likely than 99.9 percent of Chicago’s population to either be shot or to have a shooting connected to him. That made him dangerous, and top brass at the Chicago PD knew it. So McDaniel had better be on his best behavior.
This Kafka-esque policing nightmare — a circumstance in which police identified a man to be surveilled based on a purely theoretical danger — would seem to cause the thing it predicted, in a deranged feat of self-fulfilling prophecy.
while hanging out at a neighbor’s house a block away from his home, McDaniel says, he got a call from someone who, he says, “was supposed to’ve been a friend.” The friend said they were outside McDaniel’s house and wanted him to come outside and explain it again — what the story was, how he’d gotten on the heat list, why people from CPD had visited his home, why he was now being documented by filmmakers.

McDaniel agreed — but as he headed back to his house, a car pulled up. A man fired multiple shots from inside the car. One hit McDaniel in the knee, and his leg gave out.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So the algorithm works

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Thanatosian posted:

For those of you curious, a list of ShotSpotter cities.

https://www.shotspotter.com/cities/

Shocked as hell Seattle isn't on that list. Seems like just the sort of boondoggle the SPD loves to sink taxpayer money into.

Genuinely shocked that there's not more Texas cities on the list, as well. Seems like exactly the kind of thing Dallas PD would get hornt up over.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

?????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

McPhearson posted:

They also used this in Chicago and the algorithm said a guy was likely to be involved in a shooting so the police started coming around and harassing him so much his neighbors thought he was a snitch and one of them shot him.

SO he was involved in a shooting, is what you're telling me.