Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I really like the five labours idea by the way but is this Jericho's retirement lap or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I really like the five labours idea by the way but is this Jericho's retirement lap or what?

Maybe he's got a Fozzy tour coming up and needs another excuse to leave? That was literally a thing they were about to do right before the pandemic started.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
he does indeed have a Fozzy tour on the way, in November/December

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah but I think there's little to no Wednesday dates on it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My Lovely Horse posted:

I assume we're at least getting close to it, between his face turn and the fact that this would be a chance for a few final dream matches. I mean, Jericho vs Nick Gage is definitely unlike anything he's ever done before.

Whatever his final match is, he's gotta either put over MJF or Sammy, though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Also, if Punk/Danielson are coming in, there’s less of a need to ensure Jericho has a presence every week to some degree.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also, if Punk/Danielson are coming in, there’s less of a need to ensure Jericho has a presence every week to some degree.

Ehhh I dont think we'll necessarily be seeing Punk or Bryan every week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MJeff posted:

Beauty is you can rotate them out. No need to have them on the same show together

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

A Fancy Hat posted:

I assume we're at least getting close to it, between his face turn and the fact that this would be a chance for a few final dream matches. I mean, Jericho vs Nick Gage is definitely unlike anything he's ever done before.

Jericho losing to Sammy as his fifth labour and then transitioning the blowoff match to Sammy v MJF at All Out instead would be pretty awesome. Would also be a much better match than running back MJF / Jericho.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if instead of a deathmatch, they had a life match. Just having thoughts

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think Jericho has said he wants his final match to be against Lance Storm, whenever or wherever that would happen

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

wow can you cut out the gimmick rambling?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Maybe they can do another debate where Eric Bischoff can show up and poo poo on Jericho again

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

yea ok posted:

Where's the fun in that?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I seriously want to know whose idea "Spears makes the O face for a minute after hitting someone with a chair and it's filmed in loving close ups every time" was, because they deserve a raise.

Bubba Ray Dudley

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The fourth labour should be a spiritual successor to Le Dinner Debonnaire.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

blunt posted:

I love that we had all assumed based on the Spears match that the labours were just going to be a gauntlet through the Pinnacle, but Nick Gage was such a twist that the rest have become completely unpredictable.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

blunt posted:

Jericho has one week to write, stage, cast and perform a Tony-award winning musical.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jericho has one week to write, stage, cast and perform a Tony-award winning musical.

Pretty sure Tony will just give him the award. He's very important to the company.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

blunt posted:

Jericho versus Maki Itoh in a singing contest.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll lose my poo poo if Tony somehow brings in Ultimo Dragon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

My Lovely Horse posted:

I've thought they were doing a retirement tour/breakign inner circle angle every other week for hte past year and a half, so I don't bother guessing anymore

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pylons posted:

I'll lose my poo poo if Tony somehow brings in Ciclope.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

this reminds me of that DDT match where everyone was fighting on the outside with the goal of throwing your opponent into the ring.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Spears vs La Parka/LA Park in a match for Chair Supremacy

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

this reminds me of that DDT match where everyone was fighting on the outside with the goal of throwing your opponent into the ring.

Didn't TNA do a reverse battle royale? That feels like something they would have done..

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

you've just earned an impossible word salad tonite 😈

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Me neither, but having 3 guys at that mainstream recognition level means you can share the load rather than constantly booking Inner Circle town halls for the Q4-Q5 bridge.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

blunt posted:

Didn't TNA do a reverse battle royale? That feels like something they would have done..

They did it twice, actually. The basic premise was "everyone starts outside the ring and has to get into the ring" except, being TNA, they took a stupid idea and made it absurdly complicated because once 8 people were in the ring they then had a Normal Battle Royal except for the last two guys who then had a Normal Match for a title shot. Except it turned out it wasn't for a title shot, the two battle royals + singles match were all just to determine the seeds in a single elimination tournament for a title match.

Said tournament lasted the next few weeks of TV and it was a complete shitshow. The best part of the tournament was Rikishi/Junior Fatu winning his round 1 match and then immediately getting fired from the company, so he was replaced with Christian who wasn't even in the original battle royal.

This culminated in the incredible/infamous finals match at Genesis 2007, which was a ladder match between Kazarian and Christian where they had to climb up and grab a clipboard with a title match contract on it. Except the contract fell off at some point but instead of fixing it the match just continued and they had to fight for an empty clipboard.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You know, if they wanted to keep doing the Stadium Stampede as a semi-regular thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to more solidly codify the rules. Maybe everyone starts paired off somewhere in the stadium and pinfalls only count in the ring?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They already do a great job of rotating people so we don’t see Brian Cage or Jungle Boy every week. Basically just the champs are on every show, and even then, not in an exhausting way. I bet we will see a whole bunch of Punk and Bryan at first, and then they’ll settle into a groove.

I wonder what the last few Labors of Jericho will be. It could be really cinematic if MJF does one of those “last challenge is Sammy, and if Sammy throws the match, the whole thing is off” bits. Probably not, but that would be a drat fine match.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I wonder what the last few Labors of Jericho will be. It could be really cinematic if MJF does one of those “last challenge is Sammy, and if Sammy throws the match, the whole thing is off” bits. Probably not, but that would be a drat fine match.

Jericho vs Sammy hair vs hair. Shave the Spanish god.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pylons posted:

You know, if they wanted to keep doing the Stadium Stampede as a semi-regular thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to more solidly codify the rules. Maybe everyone starts paired off somewhere in the stadium and pinfalls only count in the ring?
No one knows where the ring is set up and you have to find it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You must navigate the chair dimension to find the ring.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

No one knows where the ring is set up and you have to find it.

The whole thing is a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" parody where the entire roster has to race around in various cars/planes/themed vehicles to find the hidden wrestling ring and whoever gets the first pinfall in it wins.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db2tbnf_Quc

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I guess it's technically a falls count anywhere no DQ 5 vs 5 tornado tag.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Drakkel posted:

The whole thing is a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" parody where the entire roster has to race around in various cars/planes/themed vehicles to find the hidden wrestling ring and whoever gets the first pinfall in it wins.
Two wrestlers end up in a nearby community center where a local indie show has drawn an audience of 27 and realize simultaneously the rules didn't say it had to be the AEW ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....did anybody go for covers before Spears and Sammy got to the ring?

I know there were nearfalls in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

pretty sure mjf tried to pin Jericho on that table early on