Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Nitrousoxide posted:

The cauliflower rice I picked up at Costco is pretty okay. Definitely the best cauliflower rice I've ever had, which isn't to say it's great or anything. But it's definitely acceptable unlike basically any other cauliflower rice I've had. Do need to cook it in a pan with some olive oil and salt and pepper though.

I've found any kind of spice really improves the flavor. Ginger, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, even herbs. Or things like lemon juice work well. By itself it's pretty meh to me and there's almost a bitter quality I don't get in fresh cauliflower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

The cauliflower rice I picked up at Costco is pretty okay. Definitely the best cauliflower rice I've ever had, which isn't to say it's great or anything. But it's definitely acceptable unlike basically any other cauliflower rice I've had. Do need to cook it in a pan with some olive oil and salt and pepper though.

The Trader Joe’s Mexican one is really really good.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Re-upped to Costco today after like 5 years. Got a $1.50 dog with drink + refill but there were NO onions to be seen. My wife got a churro and it tasted like playdough. It was awful.

Also they had way more electronics than I remember but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Gatts posted:

I still want a Costco Restaurant. Like a full fledged alcohol + cooked food + maybe a sports bar or speakeasy or something.

Like imagine a Costco Food Court + Sports Bar and a boxing ring (that you can buy) and they have actual boxers fighting in there and a sports bookie.

Like...Costco in Vegas. Or something.

Costco Strip Club. 1 Lap Dance is $20 but get a pack of 5 and mix and match and it's only $75.
I really want to start a restaurant that's just all you can eat costco dogs on roller grills with a condiment bar the size of Texas. Think of a hot dog topper. We got that. You want onions? We got a wall of corkscrew crank onion machines and they're all full. You want a polish dog? That's $1 extra but you get free sauerkraut for making good choices.

It will not cost $1.50 but you get bottomless sodas.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

redreader posted:

Just a heads up. Last time I got croissants at the entrance and didn't think twice. This most recent time I went, I got them at the entrance then double checked expiry/baked on date vs the dates of the ones in the actual bakery section. The croissants at the entrance were all dated for 1-2 days earlier then the ones in the bakery section. The entrance is where they try to offload old baked goods, it seems.

i'm kinda surprised this is new to you but yeah it's extremely common. same for breads, milk, whatever. at trader joes they have pull-out drawers for their baked goods and breads and it's always best to pull it out and grab the one in the back (check the exp or rather the color of the twist-clip) since when you do grocer restocking you move the older products front. even the croissants and stuff at the back there's usually the very-very back end trays that have the freshest/longest exp somewhere burried.

likewise, it's often not a great idea to grab the very first deli meat/cheese/milk/whatever that's on the self for a lot of reasons, one is it's warmer at the front (eitheer it's an open-chested fridge/aisle or doors opening constantly) which can vastly vary but it's generally better to grab the one that's been kept colder, and sometimes longer expiration as well. i'll usually grab the second or third one or one that's under the top pallet. just don't make a mess or be clumsy doing it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Re-upped to Costco today after like 5 years. Got a $1.50 dog with drink + refill but there were NO onions to be seen. My wife got a churro and it tasted like playdough. It was awful.

Also they had way more electronics than I remember but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

the churros are not good

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Fallom posted:

the churros are not good

Speaking of churros, I often think back to Mexico costco and their delightful al pastor pizza in the food court (which is al pastor and pineapple and onions), dank

Like, yall might have opinions about pineapple on pizza but you've never had al pastor pizza obviously cuz it is real good.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fallom posted:

the churros are not good

no churros are good in my experience, so this seems correct

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fallom posted:

the churros are not good

I’m white and in the Midwest and have not known the touch of a true churro so I like the Co’s. How do I fix this?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Make your own

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Virigoth posted:

I’m white and in the Midwest and have not known the touch of a true churro so I like the Co’s. How do I fix this?

Hop on the first plane to NYC

Find the nearest subway station and look for an old Spanish lady with a thousand churros laid out on a plastic folding table.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The new churros are better than the old churros.

The best fast food churros around me are Del Taco and El Pollo Loco

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Extruded from a steering wheel driven piston into hot lard or nothing. God I miss Ensenada and la boufadora.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fallom posted:

the churros are not good

:wrong:

I've had two of them and they are fuckin fire

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think they should be called "churros" cause they're not really a churro

But as a doughy vessel to get sugar and cinnamon into my mouth, they are awesome

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Like, yall might have opinions about pineapple on pizza but you've never had al pastor pizza obviously cuz it is real good.

There is this little taqueria by me that I called one time and they asked me if I wanted pineapple in my al pastor burrito and I thought that sounded gross. I went in there and saw the huge vertical spit with a big ol pineapple on top of it dripping onto the meat so next time I got it in my burrito. Well if I'm getting the essence of pineapple anyway I might as well try it.

I ask for it every time now. I should stop judging pineapple on pizza.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Hopefully not a dumb question. How does it work getting your propane tank refilled at the Co? Do I pay for it inside first then take the receipt outside and show it to the attendant? Or can the attendant charge me outside for it?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

iroc.dis posted:

Hopefully not a dumb question. How does it work getting your propane tank refilled at the Co? Do I pay for it inside first then take the receipt outside and show it to the attendant? Or can the attendant charge me outside for it?
At ours the guy that fills the tank can't charge for it outside so he prints a slip for it and you go pay inside and then bring back a receipt to prove you paid. It might be location dependent, but it's a real hassle to do it that way.

I just ask for a propane refill when I'm checking out and they gave me a little receipt to take to the attendant to refill the tank.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

FCKGW posted:

The Del Taco near me only sells the mini churros which are most definitely not as good imo

Which is a shame because the full-size ones were practically a staple of my childhood :(

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Costco was out of the kirkland sparkling waters again, so I got this 24 pack of la croix with watermelon, hibiscus, and lemoncello flavors. Oh my god, the lemoncello is loving vile. I wonder if they'd let me return just those 12 (11 now I guess) cans.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector 34 posted:

Costco was out of the kirkland sparkling waters again, so I got this 24 pack of la croix with watermelon, hibiscus, and lemoncello flavors. Oh my god, the lemoncello is loving vile. I wonder if they'd let me return just those 12 (11 now I guess) cans.

lemoncello is definitely the grossest la croix flavor

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I like the lemoncello ones but I use them for mixed drinks. I'm currently drinking the hibiscus one with vodka and a little bit of cherry Mio.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

Is the hibiscus any good? I like the limoncello flavor but I'm afraid the hibiscus will be disappointing.

I don't know why everyone hates the limoncello. It just tastes like lemons.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The hibiscus is alright, better than the watermelon for sure. Try lemon and lemoncello back to back and tell me they taste the same. I can't say I hate all things lemoncello since I barely even knew it was a thing that existed prior to now, but I definitely hate that flavor of La Croix

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 26, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon La Croix tastes like lemons, Limoncello tastes like Lemon Pledge

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Poopelyse posted:

lemoncello is definitely the grossest la croix flavor

The lemoncello is my favorite, watermelon is kinda weird. Hybiscus is pretty good.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
To each their own. I agree watermelon was kind of weird. Almost like they really took to heart all the people making fun of their product so instead of hint of the memory of watermelon they just give you a slap in the face with watermelon jolly rancher flavor.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Speaking of lemoncello, those almonds that come out around Easter are loving amazing.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Lemon La Croix tastes like lemons, Limoncello tastes like Lemon Pledge
Lemon Pledge smells like it would taste delicious. It doesn't though. Not at all.

Limoncello La Croix tastes like lemon smells instead of how they actually taste.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://slickdeals.net/f/15182212-costco-member-only-savings-valid-august-4-august-29th

New Costco ad leak is up on Slickdeals and I see that the LG CordZero A916 Cordless Stick Vac is on sale. Has anyone used the LG stick vac before? The extra battery is a huge selling point to me, since we have multiple cats and an old house.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Add me to the lemoncello lacroix is vile crew. I'm going to have to try and use the other 10 cans or so in mixed drinks because I can't drink it straight.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like the vacuum sealer is going on sale for $99 again next month, good deal for filling up your chest freezer!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bagmonkey posted:

https://slickdeals.net/f/15182212-costco-member-only-savings-valid-august-4-august-29th

New Costco ad leak is up on Slickdeals and I see that the LG CordZero A916 Cordless Stick Vac is on sale. Has anyone used the LG stick vac before? The extra battery is a huge selling point to me, since we have multiple cats and an old house.

I bought this the last time it was on sale and it got mentioned ITT, though maybe that was a slightly older model?

It does a pretty good job of picking up dust/hair. The actual dust container is kinda small though so it can fill up quickly if you don't vacuum frequently. Especially since you have cats. Its relatively easy to take it out and clean the filter etc. I do also get dust stuck in the "tube" running up the vacuum so I just swab it with wet paper towel and a long stick. Its nice and functional overall, but you're definitely paying a premium for cordless, and suction is probably better on corded vacs in general

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

Looks like the vacuum sealer is going on sale for $99 again next month, good deal for filling up your chest freezer!

stop this

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I bought this the last time it was on sale and it got mentioned ITT, though maybe that was a slightly older model?

It does a pretty good job of picking up dust/hair. The actual dust container is kinda small though so it can fill up quickly if you don't vacuum frequently. Especially since you have cats. Its relatively easy to take it out and clean the filter etc. I do also get dust stuck in the "tube" running up the vacuum so I just swab it with wet paper towel and a long stick. Its nice and functional overall, but you're definitely paying a premium for cordless, and suction is probably better on corded vacs in general
I vacuum twice a week and I still have to empty the stupid dust container twice a vacuum. Now I have three long hair cats, two dogs, and people that don't understand how to clean off their shoes before they come into my house. But it's still irritatingly small. I hate it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fizzymercury posted:

I vacuum twice a week and I still have to empty the stupid dust container twice a vacuum. Now I have three long hair cats, two dogs, and people that don't understand how to clean off their shoes before they come into my house. But it's still irritatingly small. I hate it.

Yeah, I don't have any pets and am also asian, so no shoes in the house, so its not too bad. Its much easier to vacuum my stairs with cordless than my old canister vac

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Beef prices are slowly going down, just bought a pack of ribeyes and the big pack of burger meat on Sunday and vacuum sealed them in small portions. I hate having to cut the ribeyes in half though, wish they’d pack em thinner.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its nice and functional overall, but you're definitely paying a premium for cordless, and suction is probably better on corded vacs in general

I'm currently using a 15+ year old Kenmore canister (Panasonic rebrand) that I absolutely fuckin' hate portability wise, but like otherwise. I really want to give a cordless a shot because I'm hoping it not being a whole rear end thing to vacuum might make it more appealing to do it in small chunks. Luckily Costco has a not lovely return policy!

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Holy moly are they doing a sale on diapers and wipes? And razor blades? Yesssss. Was planning on going to the co this week but may have to postpone for the $savings$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Love these Costco sandwich rolls. And turkey. And cheese.

Only registered members can see post attachments!