Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
So the missus and I spent Saturday night at Lake St Claire Lodge for what was to be the last leg of out Tasmanian West Coast trip ( I'll post photos in the Australia.jpeg thread soonish, unless it's bad form while you poor cunts are still stuck in isolation ), it snowed that night and all through Sunday leaving us stranded in rather beautiful yet very costly accommodation until yesterday when we were able to travel as far as Derwent Bridge were we could afford to stay another night. The Lyell Highway was declared open a couple hours after we decided that we were going to stay put, and to be honest we didn't really cherish the idea of driving from Derwent Bridge to Wayatina after dark given the conditions. It was an easy trip back today to the relief of my MiL who was stuck with our younglings a couple extra nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Laserface posted:

I had nice speakers and then my friend decided to blast sandstorm at beyond-my-pre-ordained-volume-level and hosed them.

thankfully i got a replacement set on clearance from SCA so its just a matter of screwing them into the adapters and twist-locking them back in place.

sounds like they did you a favour by breaking in your speakers to only play the one song you'll ever need

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Stop feeding endangered animals chicken mcnuggets.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

ZombyDog posted:

So the missus and I spent Saturday night at Lake St Claire Lodge for what was to be the last leg of out Tasmanian West Coast trip ( I'll post photos in the Australia.jpeg thread soonish, unless it's bad form while you poor cunts are still stuck in isolation ), it snowed that night and all through Sunday leaving us stranded in rather beautiful yet very costly accommodation until yesterday when we were able to travel as far as Derwent Bridge were we could afford to stay another night. The Lyell Highway was declared open a couple hours after we decided that we were going to stay put, and to be honest we didn't really cherish the idea of driving from Derwent Bridge to Wayatina after dark given the conditions. It was an easy trip back today to the relief of my MiL who was stuck with our younglings a couple extra nights.

How's it been going with the misso? Did you get to do the medical stuff you needed?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kharnifex posted:

give them to me

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Kharnifex posted:

ban this oval office

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Kharnifex posted:

How's it been going with the misso? Did you get to do the medical stuff you needed?

Well as her cancer is oestrogen responsive, kicking off menopause ( at 44 ) and a combination of meds to strengthen her bones and disrupt the cancer cells from taking on oestrogen appear to have caused the obvious lumps to shrink, although we'll find out more in a couple of weeks when she's due for her next PET scan. Because she's also sporting an unrelated benign tumour that's grown in the bones of her right ear she's undergone a more intensive head centric MRI where we've learned that she has several mets/lesions in her skull that weren't picked up in her first PET scan so that's not so awesome. She did have a couple of weeks where she was effectively bed bound and needed the aid of a walking stick to get about, but she handled the past week like a champ, we made the walk to the top of the Milkshake Hills in the Tarkine region, only having to periodically open the windows while she was having hot flushes.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
wife took this on her way home from work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Carlos Lantana posted:

Good birb.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Made a pav yesterday with the 3 year old. Turned out well but defo the highlight was her forgetting what it was called and asking constantly when we could ‘eat the Tasmania’

Only thought to take a photo when we’d already eaten.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

drat that looks nice. definitely gonna make a big ol' pav later this week

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

alf_pogs posted:

drat that looks nice. definitely gonna make a big ol' pav later this week

Likewise.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

It's been a minute since I've had a chocolate ripple cake. I might have to do one with the kids this weekend since they've never even had one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hasn't been announced yet, but if you're in the Camden LGA there was a case at Coles Narellan - Sounds like a worker.

I was going to go up there later today for food... yeah nah.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Hasn't been announced yet, but if you're in the Camden LGA there was a case at Coles Narellan - Sounds like a worker.

I was going to go up there later today for food... yeah nah.

Last I looked they hadn't updated the Blacktown exposure sites list, either. They've got 100 people locked down in an apartment building close to a hospital and a major shopping centre so that's going to be a fun list.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Since we've been home one of our Blue Tongues ( Bessie ) had been making a ruckus like she wanted to come out, and so she's been warming herself around my neck for the past half hour ( she and her sister Janice enter brumation in March and come out in July ) . The missus has just done water changes in her 6 fish tanks and fed the frogs some mealworms. Our older boy had been checking in on everyone including the bunny, the ferrets and the cats while we were away but the cats are making out like they haven't been fed for a week.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post the Blue Tongues.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

blue water the other weekend. Go straight in this direction and you hit either Nz or South America.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Carlos Lantana posted:

Please tell her to put it back; a koala is not a pet.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Love to call Centrelink every weekday for 3 days in a row to finally get through, be told only department of education and training can switch me to an online JSA, call them up and immediately be told that's actually something only Centrelink can do and then call back Centrelink only to get the message their operators have knocked off for the day at 3.45 pm

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Carlos Lantana posted:

Fuckin' strewth mate, your sheila survived a drop-bear attack?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Love to call Centrelink every weekday for 3 days in a row to finally get through, be told only department of education and training can switch me to an online JSA, call them up and immediately be told that's actually something only Centrelink can do and then call back Centrelink only to get the message their operators have knocked off for the day at 3.45 pm

its really hosed that you can't get help and also its hosed that this isn't a use case for conference calling

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Infinitum posted:

Post the Blue Tongues.

These are some older photos I've got online and I think I've posted before.

Bonus frogger

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 27, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

its really hosed that you can't get help and also its hosed that this isn't a use case for conference calling

conferencing in another department to centrelinks queue for several hours should be the given thing to make sure that everyone involved holds centrelink accountable for their lovely performance.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Some antivax antimask oval office put their propaganda poo poo in my mailbox and now im pissed

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

ZombyDog posted:

Since we've been home one of our Blue Tongues ( Bessie ) had been making a ruckus like she wanted to come out, and so she's been warming herself around my neck for the past half hour ( she and her sister Janice enter brumation in March and come out in July ) . The missus has just done water changes in her 6 fish tanks and fed the frogs some mealworms. Our older boy had been checking in on everyone including the bunny, the ferrets and the cats while we were away but the cats are making out like they haven't been fed for a week.

gently caress man, all the best with everything obviously.

It sounds like the cats are 'trying it on' with a new human

Love the bluetongues.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BEHOLD! A moment of zen!

ZombyDog posted:

An Good Post

:yeah:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Carlos Lantana posted:

Where did she put the Koala afterwards?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"Egg Boy was Milkshake Ducked" sure is a real Star Trek "Shaka, When the Walls Fell" memetic statement.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dihaploidy posted:

Lockdown is a great time to make friends with your neighbourhood birds.

These Spotted Doves really like sitting in their little terracotta saucer.

Those are spotted turtle doves, you're infested with STDs

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Egg Boy was Milkshake Ducked" sure is a real Star Trek "Shaka, When the Walls Fell" memetic statement.

Yeah it became obvious pretty much immediately back in the day that he was a hippy-dippy spiritualist, it's really no surprise that he's an anti-vaxxer

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

thread back to posting magpies and lizards, this is a good thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fanelien posted:

thread back to posting magpies and lizards, this is a good thing.

:siren: POST PETS :siren:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'm not officially supposed to know this but I was just told that more than one local health district is preparing to enact the covid surge capacity plans they didn't need to put into action last year.

The people on the ground who prepare for this kind of stuff are expecting it to get much, much worse and fairly quickly.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Good luck to our gutsy Aussie girls against the US in the soccer at Tokyo Olympics

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

You all have such interesting pictures of your pets. I just have photos of my dog asleep under a blanket because that's about the only time you can get a picture of her.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

You all have such interesting pictures of your pets. I just have photos of my dog asleep under a blanket because that's about the only time you can get a picture of her.

Post dog

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Tinky is the hornbag at the front, Rainbow is his little lady friend behind him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A while back I made a twitter account purely for pics of my dog, Mika: https://mobile.twitter.com/mikabarkbark

https://twitter.com/mikabarkbark/status/1326853114691907584?s=21

(mods tell me if linking/promoting this isn’t allowed and i’ll remove it)