Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I mean that’s actually a pretty rad idea to get use out of Flayn if you’re not deploying her. Armor Knights are the best stat backpacks and that works out to a hilarious buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Looking over the linked attack list, there's oddities beyond Dorothea/Hilda and Marianne/Bernie having linked attacks when they can't support each other. There's a surprisingly long list of characters with no linked attacks whatsoever:

Ashe
Lysithea
Petra
Caspar
Linhardt
Hanneman
Cyril
Anna
Hapi
Constance

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
can i just say thanks to my latest replay

I'm glad as hell Jeritza killed his dad. wtf. kill him again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cythereal posted:

Looking over the linked attack list, there's oddities beyond Dorothea/Hilda and Marianne/Bernie having linked attacks when they can't support each other. There's a surprisingly long list of characters with no linked attacks whatsoever:

Ashe
Lysithea
Petra
Caspar
Linhardt
Hanneman
Cyril
Anna
Hapi
Constance

I can only assume that Bernie gets one because otherwise the BEagles only have like four members with linked attacks. Why don't Caspar/Linhardt get a link?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Caspar knows his BF doesn't want to kill people. :colbert:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That or Casper knows he would have to basically break their limbs and just ram them into Linhardt's attack to get him to do something like that so he doesn't even bother.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
In my present game, I'm trying an experiment: archer Lorenz. So far, it's working out okay. He has a higher base STR growth than Ashe/Ignatz/Bernie, much better durability, and an actually pretty good trait. No bow strength, but he has strengths in lance and riding to help him towards bow knight. And Lorenz being Lorenz, there's a good chance he'll be able to make decent use of the magic bow in part two.

Also I've been trying Rea's suggestion of brawling Dimitri in my current game. Unsurprisingly, it's effective because Dimitri is a wrecking ball if his growths live up to their potential, and brawling is, frankly, overpowered. Very much a case of 'stick the most effective weapon type on probably the game's best physical character, the results are as expected."

Still, for me it highlights again how awkward Dimitri's class progression is. What he fundamentally wants thematically, the game just isn't selling - a lance focused class that doesn't shank his speed. As a guy he's barred from the pegasus knight line, the cavalry classes tank his speed, and his axe weakness plus not being able to tutor him for half of part two makes getting Dimitri into wyvern lord a chore (I've done it, mind). His MAG is bad and his spell list isn't worth it, so the dark knight or holy knight options for a mixed attacker (like how Edelgard, and arguably Sylvain, Ingrid, and Lorenz are set up to potentially be) aren't appealing.

It's hard to get a bad Dimitri, unless his growths fail you, but similar to how Edelgard is conspicuously lacking the ability to use magic in her unique part two classes, his character design simply feels incomplete.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 14, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

can i just say thanks to my latest replay

I'm glad as hell Jeritza killed his dad. wtf. kill him again.

Yeah, Jeritza did nothing wrong.

...okay maybe he did some wrong things AFTER he killed his dad, but killing his dad who wanted to forcibly marry his sister was 100% the right move.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, Jeritza did nothing wrong.

...okay maybe he did some wrong things AFTER he killed his dad, but killing his dad who wanted to forcibly marry his sister was 100% the right move.
He did less wrong after that than some people assume. People make a big deal of the "There are rumors of someone prowling the streets and attacking innocents, night after night" line, but forget the second bit of that very sentence: "The knights have investigated the matter. They have not discovered any remains, nor have they found any concrete evidence." Rather than 'he was murdering innocents night after night, but also never leaving any evidence' it seems more 'he was spotted in Death Knight garb and rumors blew up'.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Without him we wouldn't have the Bernie/Jeritza support and for that whatever supposed crimes he did can be forgiven.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I want to get my Yellow Glowy Login Screen. If I do a standard New Game (Maddening) to do this, am I going to lose all my existing NG+ data?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

unless you decide to overwrite all your save files for no reason, i don't see why it would

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, New Game Plus starts from a cleared save file, so as long as you keep at least the latest one of those around, you should be fine.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

These videos aren't new, so maybe people know about them already, but I've been enjoying watching this guy play through Golden Deer Maddening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6vdnzLack

He's doing the opposite of an NTC basically. Like, he's squeezing every bit of experience and skill points out of every map.

Video 18 especially (Sothis's paralogue) where he gets the knowledge gem and then proceeds to kill all the monsters while passing the gem to each unit on their turn is a trip.

It can be very tedious if you're not into watching someone micromanage every move they do (he tends to divine pulse every time one of his units gets a crit since it often messes up his plans) but if you like seeing that sort of thing, it's pretty neat.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I just got a switch and played this for the first time, and beat the game going down the Edelgard route. Also beat the dlc.

I think I'm going to do a Golden Deer run next. Any suggestions as to who to recruit for story reasons? I don't care so much about gameplay power.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Khizan posted:

I think I'm going to do a Golden Deer run next. Any suggestions as to who to recruit for story reasons? I don't care so much about gameplay power.

Nobody has a specifically strong tie to the Deer stuff - if you're buying back high professor level, I'd recommend using some of your extra time on eating with 1 of your students + 1 other who has a support with them and see if there's any character dynamics you like.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Khizan posted:

I just got a switch and played this for the first time, and beat the game going down the Edelgard route. Also beat the dlc.

Balthus from the wolves. Petra because she's got unique supports with Claude that you can't get on other routes.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Khizan posted:

Seconding Petra and Balthus who were recommended above.

I would also consider Linhardt for his supports with Marianne and Lysithea, plus he opens up a paralogue with Leonie later in the game.

Cyril and Shamir also have a decent number of supports with GD members.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Ingrid also supports with a lot of the Deer, including Claude.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ingrid and Claude’s support is really not the best though

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Their ending is hilarious, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Annette also supports Claude.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Amazing that it’s been two years since this game rewrote my brain chemicals with anime

https://twitter.com/l_aciel/status/1419453132845760514?s=21

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Today is also the day I learned that most (all?) characters have a unique set of critical hit quotes if they're critting a named enemy.

It was Byleth hitting the CF final boss in the face with a Sublime Heaven crit and the line "Here's your answer!" Ice cold.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 26, 2021

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Today is also the day I learned that most (all?) characters have a unique set of critical hit quotes if they're critting a named enemy.

It was Byleth hitting the CF final boss in the face with a Sublime Heaven crit and the line "Here's your answer!" Ice cold.

That loving owns. CF is somehow even better now that I know this.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, it does a lot to solve the problem some people have with critical quotes, where a lot of characters get more apologetic crit quotes against people they actually know.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Grumbles about the “Komaeda” archetype actually being the Asuka Ryo Archetype.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I recently-(ish) played the Danganronpa games and I have to say: If I never hear about that loving franchise again, it'll be too soon. That being said, watch Akudama Drive (it has a bunch of the main DR's movers and shakers involved, and it shows in the best way).

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, we already know what archetype actually inspired Edelgard. She's a Rudolf. Straight from the dev team's mouths and also obviously true. Get all of this (other) anime poo poo outta here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/aduti_momoyama/status/1419628613658284032?s=21

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They all do. A few notable ones for the other lords:

Dimitri: You should have run.

Claude: Take your final bow!

Seteth: You chose poorly.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m putting this thought into the world with the hopes that, like fairy magic, if enough people believe in it I will summon it into being:

They should make a Fire Emblem Warriors sequel with Three Houses like they did with Hyrule Warriors and Breath of the Wild. Just go full fan-fic with the story, have someone go back in time to the beginning of 3H in order to prevent the houses severing and pulling everyone onto the same team to fight both Rhea and the Slytherins. Someone pointed out to me that the team who made 3H made FEH as well so you’ve got the experience and so many of the assets pre-made. You’d have to make some maps obviously but you’ve got all of the characters for a Warriors game and various classes, plus working knowledge of the engine. I’d rather see this than a true sequel honestly.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m putting this thought into the world with the hopes that, like fairy magic, if enough people believe in it I will summon it into being:

They should make a Fire Emblem Warriors sequel with Three Houses like they did with Hyrule Warriors and Breath of the Wild. Just go full fan-fic with the story, have someone go back in time to the beginning of 3H in order to prevent the houses severing and pulling everyone onto the same team to fight both Rhea and the Slytherins. Someone pointed out to me that the team who made 3H made FEH as well so you’ve got the experience and so many of the assets pre-made. You’d have to make some maps obviously but you’ve got all of the characters for a Warriors game and various classes, plus working knowledge of the engine. I’d rather see this than a true sequel honestly.

I think it'd be more interesting to do a bunch of splintered timelines that branched off rather than have you play through a 'Golden' route like the mini splits in the original Hyrule Warriors.

Have us fight through a world where Claude beat Edelgard to the punch and stole the Sword of the Creator first and started a Fodlan/Almyra hellwar

One where Edelgard died with the rest of her siblings and you have a way too in over his head Ferdinand desperately leading an insurgency against his father in the Empire who have otherwise conquered the continent with Lysithea as their pawn instead

One where the Lions don't follow Dimitri suicidally and you reorganize the war by following how it plays out with them following Felix.

You recruit different units from all the failed timeline branches like that and finish with a stage or two of the Golden route where you have everyone working together against the Slytherins/OG time bad guys or whatever.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

DC Murderverse posted:

That intro scene with seiros and army vs the nemesis and army certainly looks musou-ish.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 27, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
musou deez nuts.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
just trap those school kids in a time loop and let them go wild.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

just trap those school kids in a time loop and let them go wild.
Has the anime cautionary tale/underrated masterpiece "Endless Eight" taught you nothing? Time loops only make things worse, not better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

One of the best elements of 3H is there is no golden route